iacas

Day Thirty-two, June 26, 2021

I hit some PW, 8i, 6i, 4i shots I don’t know like maybe 75 balls. My focus was to keep turning through the shot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 82 (6/26/21) - About 20 minutes of putting practice on my PuttOut mat today. Rolled several perfect putts.

• Administrator

Day 546 - June 26, 2021

Had a relaxed 4-hour practice session with @saevel25. I made sure to exaggerate the crap out of the stuff I’m working on. I’ll post more in my Member Swing topic later tonight, but… it was a good and productive day.

Day 6:

Played 18. Pretty good considering it has been over a week since I have hit a golf ball. Felt a little flippy at times, and contact more toe-side than usual, so will need to get some good full swing practice this week.

Day 1 (round 3) (27 Jun 2021) - Picking this up from the break I took to travel to see grands in New England.  Started simple today, pulled the 845s Silver Scot PW out to work on short pitches (10 - 30 yds) in the backyard and as the yard has not been cut in 10 days and there has been plenty of rain it was pitching from the rough.  Focus was on solid contact and keeping fliers from happening.  Felt good to swing the old clubs - they have a familiar predictability I love.  May pull the newer SLDR irons and use the 845s Silver Scots next round.  

Day 83 (6/27/21) - 20 minutes of chipping practice today. Mainly worked on flop-chips out of the rough (my 3" long grass) to specific targets.

Day Thirty-three, June 27, 2021

Continued working on my keeping rotation and opening up the chest. Swings with PW, 7i, and 4i with foam balls just to keep fine tuning for the club championship.

Day 124.  I played in a tournament today;  net finish: 6th.  Hit GIR at hole 2, not again until hole 16.  Hit 16-17-18.  I haven't loaded GG yet, I think I have a decent SG:A and SG:D and SG:S for the round.  My putting, however.  Anyway, gross score 89, which includes a stubbed chip and a pitch into a bunker, right under the lip.

Something I need to work on:  picking the right short game shot for the situation.  Far too often I see a number and get wedded to it.   That caused both the stubbed chip (well, my poor form did too, but it was something that, in retrospect, I could have putted) and the pitch into the bunker (25 yards?  Quarter SW will do it.  Half a LW would have, too, and gone higher to avoid the bunker, which is what I needed to do). 

• Administrator

Day 548 - June 28, 2021

Got in Stack System stuff and hit a driving range earlier in the morning so that I could get some work in on my golf swing. Only hit about 20 balls (someone related to me hit the rest).

Day 84 (6/28/21) - About 15 minutes of slow motion practice swings with Driver and 7-iron, focusing on setup, ball position and clubface position at A2, A4 and A6

Day 125.  I spent 30 minutes on a putting green today, hitting putts of various distances, from around the face, mostly within 10'.  However, the green was so busy I didn't stop to do a drill.  

(Later today I'll hit some balls indoors and maybe after dinner I'll go to a nearby course that is open late and see if I can practice some 25 yard pitches, something I definitely need to practice)

Day Thirty-four, June 28, 2021

Worked out continuing my turn and having my right knee meet the ball at impact.

Day 2 (28 Jun 21) - full stretches today thru the backswing w/no club instead using lead hand thumb as grip for trail - focusing on getting good core tension.  

Day 7:

Did a bit of backswing practice with LVP camera, and hit some foam balls into the fence working on clubface control. 

Day 85 (6/29/21) - Medium bucket of balls on the range today, working through the bag with my newly acquired Swing Caddie SC100. I am still trying to sort out the results in my own mind. While smash factors were generally pretty good (1.41 for my Driver), carry distance was less than I anticipated based on my "on course" experience. To be sure, the SC100 is a low cost monitor, however several reviewers tested in against Trackman, Flightscope, etc. with pretty comparable results.