iacas

Day 126.  I went to the nearby short game area and practiced chip and short pitches for 15 minutes and then putted for 15 minutes.  I'd have done more, but a youth group was coming through and I wanted to yield.  

I also am doing some full swing practice at home today, but I have already done the above and wanted to report it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Day 86 (6/30/21) - Played 18 today at NKGC. My round of 95 was a real mixed bag, including my third birdie of the year and a snowman.  At 36 putts, my putting was mediocre as I left 3 putts on the edge and lipped two others. Drove pretty well, hit some terrific sand shots and poor chips. Temp was 95 today, with a feel like of around 100, so I finished pretty drained. 

Edited by Bob M

Day 127.  Putting practice this morning;  did 3' (coins/clock drill) and took 20 putts.  10 of the first 12 fell by the end of round two, and one of the remaining fell in round three.   Then I did 6' and took 22 putts.  My focus for this whole thing was on setup (grip, stance) and remembering to make the follow through, thinking about timing (not tempo!).  I then did 3' again, same focuses, and all except 11:00 fell on first pass, but that one took a total of four attempts to fall. 😞  Either I found an easy hole location or I have a cause for optimism (or, really, this is just a small sample size). 

Not for challenge purposes, but last night I went to a nearby area where I can practice short game at night.  I hit several 25 yard high pitches with my 58 using a bunker swing, even off fairway-length grass.  I had heard this was possible to do:  weight forward, wider stance, etc, but it worked.  I even got good results when I hit a few fat.  I need to do this a few more times to be comfortable hitting it on the course, but it's nice. 

• Administrator

Day 550 - June 30, 2021

Played 18 holes. Well, "practiced" on the front nine, and then had to kinda get back to "playing" on the back nine a bit in time to add two birdies to my Birdie Challenge for the year.

(edited)

Day 3 (29 Jun 21) - pitches w/short irons and wedges today.  Continued focus keeping hands quiet, not flipping, to help the ball and rotation of hips to clear.  All swings were 1/4 to 1/2 swings as I was working w/real golf balls and catching them clean.  Felt good to be working on these areas again.  
(Had wrote post last evening, forgot to hit submit….my duh) 

Day 4 (30 Jun 21) - worked on making solid pitches today while making sure to not flip the wrists and scooping the ball.  

Edited by WillieT
Added comment

Day 36, June 30, 2021:

Again, the keep turning from the top of the backswing to the finish. Hit maybe 5 foam balls but mostly just rehearsals with a band in the doorway.

Day 8:

Backswing stuff with LVP camera, hit some foam balls doing COVID-19 day 5 drill, and a little indoor putting around the dining room table.

Day 253: Range work this morning. Worked on my pieces for about 15 minutes, then worked with my new Edel SMS wedges. Tried getting some MEVO data but it was acting funny. Had to change to 6 feet from 7 otherwise it would miss shots. Finished with short game.

Day 128.  Morning putting, not to be confused with night putting.  4', took 22 putts to finish the clockface.  I am seriously in my own head somewhere on these.  6', took 23 putts -- the latter is great, the former is disgraceful.  

Day 5 (01 Jul 21) - first day of full swings this week.  Using the hard foam balls, pulled the 4i and 3w for some work on staying centered-weight forward under full power so to speak.  Ball flight was straight ahead - no fading slices!  Finished the day with work with the 56* wedge - focusing on solid contact and controlled flight from mixed bag of backyard lies - tighter (1” grass) to standard rough (3” grass).

• Administrator

Day 551 - July 1, 2021

Practiced and hit about 30 or 35 balls at Chautauqua after some lessons. Just hit off the mat, but contact was good. The only times it wasn't was when I didn't just super exaggerate the shit out of stuff.

The "two moves" I was doing I started to blend into one. Rather than straight back, and then up and out, I just went up and out a bit less, but the whole backswing. Ball flight and distance was good.

Day 37, July 1, 2021.

Hit maybe 15 balls into the net today, with the focus of continuing to turn through after impact. Made some solid contact on all of these shots.

54 Hole Club Championship starts Saturday, going to try to play a practice round in the morning to make sure my shot zones and GamePlanning is solid.

Day 9:

Still waiting for my new net to arrive, so did more backswing work with LVP camera, using driver. Then did some palmar flexion/clubface control rehearsals for transition.

Day 6 (02 Jul 21) - "Was" planning to play 18 today, however T-storms expected during tee time so round postponed until tomorrow (front is to clear and give good skies).   Decided to work on the grip and lead hand only swings (of which I am lousy).  Grabbed the 7i and foam golf balls.  First was working on the grip and getting the club more across the fingers and away from the fat of the palm.  Then worked on the swing itself, setting up a little closed in the shoulders to help facilitate a more inside out swing with the lead (left for me) arm only, while keeping the weight slightly forward.  After a few minutes of "air swings" added the foam balls just to work on contact.  Wrapped up the session with some work with the 9i and 1/2 to 3/4 swings capturing the drills done earlier.  

Day 87 (7/02/21) - I missed yesterday, so any more misses through 7/18 and I'll be starting over.

Putting practice - my read and speed were not great the other day, so my putting needs a tune up. Raining today so I did the PuttOut  challenge inside, taking 22 tries to make 6 perfect putts. Then I worked on 4' putts for speed by getting the ball to return at various distances between 1' and 2' focusing on changing my swing length as needed while maintaining the same tempo.