IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 126.  I went to the nearby short game area and practiced chip and short pitches for 15 minutes and then putted for 15 minutes.  I'd have done more, but a youth group was coming through and I wanted to yield.  

I also am doing some full swing practice at home today, but I have already done the above and wanted to report it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 35, June 29, 2021

Continued work on my keep turning thoughts and hit about 15-20 shots with a 6-iron. Just kept turning..

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 251: Hot day so just a bit of feel work with backswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 86 (6/30/21) - Played 18 today at NKGC. My round of 95 was a real mixed bag, including my third birdie of the year and a snowman.  At 36 putts, my putting was mediocre as I left 3 putts on the edge and lipped two others. Drove pretty well, hit some terrific sand shots and poor chips. Temp was 95 today, with a feel like of around 100, so I finished pretty drained. 

Edited by Bob M
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 252: Some chipping and pitching in the backyard with my new wedges.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 127.  Putting practice this morning;  did 3' (coins/clock drill) and took 20 putts.  10 of the first 12 fell by the end of round two, and one of the remaining fell in round three.   Then I did 6' and took 22 putts.  My focus for this whole thing was on setup (grip, stance) and remembering to make the follow through, thinking about timing (not tempo!).  I then did 3' again, same focuses, and all except 11:00 fell on first pass, but that one took a total of four attempts to fall. 😞  Either I found an easy hole location or I have a cause for optimism (or, really, this is just a small sample size). 

Not for challenge purposes, but last night I went to a nearby area where I can practice short game at night.  I hit several 25 yard high pitches with my 58 using a bunker swing, even off fairway-length grass.  I had heard this was possible to do:  weight forward, wider stance, etc, but it worked.  I even got good results when I hit a few fat.  I need to do this a few more times to be comfortable hitting it on the course, but it's nice. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 550 - June 30, 2021

Played 18 holes. Well, "practiced" on the front nine, and then had to kinda get back to "playing" on the back nine a bit in time to add two birdies to my Birdie Challenge for the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 (29 Jun 21) - pitches w/short irons and wedges today.  Continued focus keeping hands quiet, not flipping, to help the ball and rotation of hips to clear.  All swings were 1/4 to 1/2 swings as I was working w/real golf balls and catching them clean.  Felt good to be working on these areas again.  
(Had wrote post last evening, forgot to hit submit….my duh) 

Day 4 (30 Jun 21) - worked on making solid pitches today while making sure to not flip the wrists and scooping the ball.  

Edited by WillieT
Added comment

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 36, June 30, 2021:

Again, the keep turning from the top of the backswing to the finish. Hit maybe 5 foam balls but mostly just rehearsals with a band in the doorway.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 8:

Backswing stuff with LVP camera, hit some foam balls doing COVID-19 day 5 drill, and a little indoor putting around the dining room table.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 253: Range work this morning. Worked on my pieces for about 15 minutes, then worked with my new Edel SMS wedges. Tried getting some MEVO data but it was acting funny. Had to change to 6 feet from 7 otherwise it would miss shots. Finished with short game.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 128.  Morning putting, not to be confused with night putting.  4', took 22 putts to finish the clockface.  I am seriously in my own head somewhere on these.  6', took 23 putts -- the latter is great, the former is disgraceful.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 5 (01 Jul 21) - first day of full swings this week.  Using the hard foam balls, pulled the 4i and 3w for some work on staying centered-weight forward under full power so to speak.  Ball flight was straight ahead - no fading slices!  Finished the day with work with the 56* wedge - focusing on solid contact and controlled flight from mixed bag of backyard lies - tighter (1” grass) to standard rough (3” grass).

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 551 - July 1, 2021

Practiced and hit about 30 or 35 balls at Chautauqua after some lessons. Just hit off the mat, but contact was good. The only times it wasn't was when I didn't just super exaggerate the shit out of stuff.

The "two moves" I was doing I started to blend into one. Rather than straight back, and then up and out, I just went up and out a bit less, but the whole backswing. Ball flight and distance was good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 37, July 1, 2021.

Hit maybe 15 balls into the net today, with the focus of continuing to turn through after impact. Made some solid contact on all of these shots.

54 Hole Club Championship starts Saturday, going to try to play a practice round in the morning to make sure my shot zones and GamePlanning is solid.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 9:

Still waiting for my new net to arrive, so did more backswing work with LVP camera, using driver. Then did some palmar flexion/clubface control rehearsals for transition.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6 (02 Jul 21) - "Was" planning to play 18 today, however T-storms expected during tee time so round postponed until tomorrow (front is to clear and give good skies).   Decided to work on the grip and lead hand only swings (of which I am lousy).  Grabbed the 7i and foam golf balls.  First was working on the grip and getting the club more across the fingers and away from the fat of the palm.  Then worked on the swing itself, setting up a little closed in the shoulders to help facilitate a more inside out swing with the lead (left for me) arm only, while keeping the weight slightly forward.  After a few minutes of "air swings" added the foam balls just to work on contact.  Wrapped up the session with some work with the 9i and 1/2 to 3/4 swings capturing the drills done earlier.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 87 (7/02/21) - I missed yesterday, so any more misses through 7/18 and I'll be starting over.

Putting practice - my read and speed were not great the other day, so my putting needs a tune up. Raining today so I did the PuttOut  challenge inside, taking 22 tries to make 6 perfect putts. Then I worked on 4' putts for speed by getting the ball to return at various distances between 1' and 2' focusing on changing my swing length as needed while maintaining the same tempo. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear