IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 260: Worked on tempo again today with 6 iron and driver. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 46, July 10, 2021.

Half and three-quarter wedge shots for 20 minutes today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 560 - July 10, 2021

A few hours downtown today working on the same things. Was good, particularly after a rough bout with a 9I. Reinforced the right things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 14 (10 Jul 21) - Full swings with 9i, no hitting balls, while cooking on the grill. Focused on finishing with weight over lead foot and not trail.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 96 (7/11/21) - 9 to 3 swings using an 8-iron and noodle station. Focused on position of the club, maintaining a smooth tempo through the pivot and the direction of my divot. This will be my practice focus for this week. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 137.  Earlier this morning, I spent 15 minutes hitting about as many full swing shots with a 6-iron, indoors, off a mat, into a net.  As before, my focus was on the shoulder turn and backswing limit I've been working on for most of the past month. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 15 (11 Jul 21) - Full swings with 7i and 3w using hard foam balls.  Worked on tempo (not trying to make my arms swing harder but to let the coil unwind so to speak) and making sure to finish on lead foot (man that is not easy w/no toes on the left foot - but getting more consistent on that finish).  Ball flight (for what it is with limited flight balls) was consistently where I was looking to have them go with a few slicing strays.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 261: Easy day with some chipping in the yard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 561 - July 11, 2021

30 minutes downtown. 9I mostly, a bit slower than other days, but focusing on the transition feel.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 47, July 11, 2021

Slow putting strokes today after work, mostly used the ruler drill to try to keep the putts starting on line.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 262: Range work today in the mist. Worked on slow, long backswing from wedges to driver. I’m playing the next couple of days and hope to keep this going. I am still setting up with the face open to my foot line and pointing slightly right of target with feet left of target. Contact was good and flight was primarily push slight draws.

Moved onto short game with chips and pitches in the practice area. Also did some fringe lies and tried a hybrid or bladed wedge for putts. Finished with putting. Used my rhythm app at first to get that down, then putt one all around the green to try and two putt. The place was empty due to the weather.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 19:

Played a morning 9 after a day off yesterday (need to check and see if this kills my practice streak). I was the first one off so I decided to play from the tips, about 3400 yards. Focused on recentering/flow in my pre-shot rehearsals. I was playing pretty well (+3) until carding an 8 on the final hole.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 138.  Continued long game practice with my 6-iron at my indoor practice room;  I've already done 15 minutes, I'm sure I'll do more.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 97 (7/12/21) - Putting practice on my PuttOut mat. Did PuttOut challenge then worked on putting down one of the lines on the mat. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 48- July 12, 2021

Made some swings with a 7-iron this morning focusing on my balance and turn.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator

Day 562 - July 12, 2021

Almost an hour downtown between lessons. Ramping up the speed, transition, downswing. Put some video in my Member Swing topic.

Day 16 (12 Jul 21) - Pitches w/the 54* wedge today choosing to do the up and over the tulip tree in the backyard.  Finished up w/chipping w/the 4h.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 20:

Played another morning 9, probably last round on vacation. Swing thought was recentering/flow. Played pretty well. Had a chip-in birdie after airmailing a partial wedge approach by about 15 yards. Also birdied the 9th hole after approach to about 6 feet.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1