IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 267: Worked on my priority pieces with 6 iron and driver and filmed them. I also worked on launching wedges at around 30 degrees into my net. Painted a line on the net at 30 degrees launch. I will do this with the MEVO at a range this week to work on it some more.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 144.  Did the day 6 quarantine practice plus some more of the days 3&5 drills.  Day 6 involves chipping, and my third iteration went pretty well except for one really bad swing (video in the April 2020 thread if anyone wants a good laugh at my expense). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 22 (18 Jul 21) - pitch work with the GW today.  Kept shots to the 25yd range, focus was on setup and keeping weight forward, clearing the hips.  This is followup of the quick video the missus shot of me on the course Thurs where I saw myself getting lazy.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 54, July 18, 2021:

Anti-Reverse pivot wall drill, and some three-quarter swings for about 15 minutes each today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 23 (19 Jul 21) - Rainy day outside so focus today was on putting and tempo.  Worked from specific distances on the indoor putting green, i.e. 3' to 3'-6" to 4' to 4'-6" to 5' to 5'-6" with the last few from varied distances up to 9'.  Each distance was 24 putts, with an average miss of 2 putts.  I felt good about that.  I am thankful for good peripheral vision as I can "see" the hole out the side on putts up to 6'.  Trusting in being able to see that allowed me to keep the head over the ball, i.e. everything centered.  Last part of the drill was on the white line, much like the yardstick drill that @iacas worked us on during the COVID-19 Practice Plan last April.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 268: Played 18 muggy and buggy holes this AM. No wind and lots of mosquitoes. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 104 (7/19/21) - Raining today; worked on putting with PuttOut mat focusing on "Bead" by putting down one of the lines on the mat such that it stayed on the line for at least 30". I had to work out a slight hook in my putts, which I did but it took about 40 minutes.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 145.  Quarantine day 7 (pitching), as well as 30 minutes on full swing, with a focus on my left arm's position as a few videos (that I took) told me that my position had slipped a bit, and after all I worked to change the picture, the blank if I'm going to let it even start to migrate back. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 55, July 19, 2021

Practiced some three-quarter swings focusing on staying down through and revving from 1 to 5 from the top to past impact

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 26:

Hit balls with 7-iron working on new downswing priority piece. Several rehearsals between each ball. LVP camera was out of batteries, so practiced with Mevo.

Reminder: I need to review the COVID-19 chipping/pitching drills to sharpen up my short game.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 105 (7/20/21) - About 1.5 hours at the practice green and range today. Started with chips to various holes on the practice green; 5 balls each with a goal of getting the ball to within 4' of the hole, which I did about 50% of the time. Primarily used my 58* wedge and implemented the approach Brad Faxon talks about in a good YouTube with James Ridyard. For the last set, I then putted out (two 2 putts and three 1 putts). I also practiced to a hole 20 yards out with my 6 hybrid using a putt-chip approach. 

On the range, I hit 7 thru SW using mainly 9-3 swings collecting the data on my SC100 to determine carry. Then 7 wood and Driver. It was probably a mistake to end on the Driver, as I was tired and it showed in the results. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 269: Range work today. First focused on priority pieces. Then worked with the MEVO to get wedge flight down a bit. Finished with simulated round aiming at different targets.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 24 (20 Jul 21) - Worked on takeaway and wrist set at the top of the backswing today in the backyard.  Focus was to make sure takeaway was back and not coming around.  The same with the wrist set, not making it too early.  Nice easy swings afterwards using whiffle balls.  Good session….more of the same tomorrow. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 146.  I did day 7 Covid drill (putting), which I had done before with some putting struggles.  I had an in-person meeting out of my home (gasp) today, too, so I put my putter and a sleeve of balls in my car and stopped at a putting green for 30 minutes on the way home to see how much stuck.  It was too busy to do a drill, but I felt more comfortable, both with the setup and the swing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 27:

Worked on downswing priority piece,  while at the same time continuing to practice backswing stuff with LVP camera.

Didn’t review chipping/pitching vids yet. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 56, July 20, 2021

Some more three-quarter swing work today for oh about as long as “Free Bird” is.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 106 (7/21/21) - Practiced some driver swings to get a feel for the new Distanza shaft I installed today. My swing speed is slow, borderline between regular and senior flex; trying the Distanza to see if it works better for my swing than the Alta CB regular I have been playing, distance-wise without resulting in too much dispersion. I'm planning on trying the Distanza "live" tomorrow at the range. 

For about 20-minutes I worked on my chipping stroke with my 58* (chipping motion) and 6 hybrid (putting motion). 

Day 147.  I played a nearby course today because I had time and wanted to.  Par-70, 66.7/118 (according to online, I have to check the actual scorecard at some point), 5500 or so yards, shot 88 ... with five doubles, a triple, but also five threes.  I felt I putted well today too, which was a different experience.  

I hit my 4-wood really poorly today:  I think 4-5 times I advanced it at most 100 yards (I also hit two really good shots with it).  That needs some dedicated practice that I can't really do in my indoor spot.

-- Michael | My swing!