IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 60, July 24, 2021:

Played 18 today… front 9 was awful! I missed every fairway on the front to the right, and only made 1 par on the front ugly side.

Back 9 I was a little lubricated and shot 35 (-1). I played with a few guys I went to high school with at my old home course, so it was a fun day. (We switched the teams up after 9 holes so it’d be a little more fair)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 28 (24 Jul 21) - late afternoon chipping w/8i in the backyard.  Focused on distance v rollout.  Worked from 10yds up to 40 yds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 23:

Neck feels pretty good, did some full swing work on downswing priority piece, while continuing with LVP camera for backswing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 24:

Played 18. Noticeable improvement in short game after putting in some practice time this week. 

-Peter

Day 29  (25 Jul 21) - PW and 8i work in the backyard, this time with a water hose green outline (see pics) to give a more specific target area.  Made it "not round" but rather contourish to mimic what is seen on the course. Makes for thinking through to have much more accurate shot making as the goal was to land not not roll "off the green" (outside the hose line...

Backyard hose green alt view.jpg

Backyard hose green.jpg

• Like 2

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 110 (7/25/21) - Putting practice today on the PuttOut mat. Did the PuttOut challenge then worked on making putts straight down the lines on either side of the mat.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 274: worked on my priority pieces with a revised feel rehearsal. Results were an improvement. Trying to feel the left leg straighten and push the left hip back from A5 through impact. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 575 - July 25, 2021

Practiced after a pair of 45-minute lessons lasted 90 minutes each. Made it a pretty light day, just reinforcing my weird feel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 61, July 25, 2021

Didn’t realize that my hand position at address was shitty so I worked on that. Not the grip, more than my arms need to be more vertical than they were.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 151.  Tournament at my home course today.  I shot an 87 with 4 GIR and 7 near-GIR.  Now that I write that out, I feel my long game was better than that stat line today, but I guess not.  I did some full swing practice before the round, outdoors at the range, checking my backswing length as per my past month or so of work.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 111 (7/26/21) - Hit quarter swing wedge shots with my 58* (full swing motion, backswing to A2) in the yard today for about 10 minutes. Focused on turning through the ball, which resulted in a 20-25 yard shot. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 152.  Back to trying to finish the quarantine practice drills.  I spent some time on day 9 (snapping sticks) today, but I am not sure I did it right.  I plan to post a "form check" when I can transfer the video from my phone to the computer (and then YT, etc).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 576 - July 26, 2021

Pitching work in the back yard while waiting for my burgers to cook. Natalie won the Charles Cuden Memorial tournament earlier today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25:

To continue the momentum of short game improvement, I did more of the COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills. Then did some full swing work with 7-iron, working on downswing priority piece.

-Peter

Day 30 (26 Jul 21) - played 18 today.  Focused during the round on iron play especially in the approaches to the green.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 275: worked on my backswing turn being slower and longer.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 62, July 26, 2021:

Three-quarter swing work again today, hey I may lose a little bit of distance, but I know where the ball is going.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 276: Range work today. Started with my priority piece feels, then used that for set up and alignment work to various targets. Moved on to longer short game shots and finished with green side chipping.

Scott

My Swing Thread