IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6 (8/12/21) - Practiced chipping to a spot in the yard today, about 15 minutes. 

I am still nursing a painful tennis elbow, so practice and playing are limited; 9-hole league tomorrow night.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 47 (12 Aug 21) - Played 18 again today with the grandson in tow.  Worked on tempo as I found yesterday I was getting real sloppy late in the round.  Worked on getting a solid weight forward finish.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 12:

Full swing work on downswing priority piece. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 79, August 12, 2021:

My taller feeling setup and shorter swing while listening to Side 1 of Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd. Trying to get the feeling that my head is looser but steady and my swing is low and inside

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 291: Rangework today focused on my priority pieces especially the backswing. Simulated tee shots for a few of the holes I play. Finished with SuperSpeed training, blue stick only. Hit 103 with the blue and 101 with the driver. Sets were very consistent too. The Blue Only Protocol has 2-3 minute rest between sets, which I think helps.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 7 (8/13/21) - 9 hole league tonight. Shot another 47 in an up and down round which included a birdie, a par and two triples. It didn't help that the heat index was over 100*.  Need to work on approach shots, particularly with wedges. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 48 (13 Aug 21) - mirror work today, focusing on should rotation.  Used a 7i w/crossed arms, moving from centered to full backswing (getting the left shoulder over the right leg) through the downswing to finish with the right shoulder over the left leg.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 13:

Did some backswing practice, working on finding a feel/physical trigger for the end of the backswing, because I frequently rush my backswing and don't turn enough. Then did some rehearsals for my downswing priority piece (lesson in 1.5 weeks to see how I am progressing on this). Finished up with some COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills.

-Peter

Day 80, August 13, 2021:

Side 2 of Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd. 

Played 18 Holes today in 2 hrs and 35 minutes. Would have been right around 2 hours but it started pouring after my second shot at the 15th.

I, then, hit a shag bag full of balls with a 9, 7, 5i and 4h with my taller feeling setup. Why the hell didn’t you guys tell me that my 5i would CARRY 200-210 yards with no roll just by setting up taller?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 169.  Today was day one of my club championship.  I shot a 79, good for a five stroke lead on my flight, at least in gross standings.  I also lowered my ringer score at my home course by 4, making par at #7 (hadn't done yet this year) and birdies on holes 3, 6, and 18.  On 18, I got up and down from 45 yards out for birdie to break 80, although admittedly, I didn't know just how well I was playing at the time. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 292: Bit of a rest day today. Did some backswing work for about 10 minutes. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 49 (14 Aug 21) - Birthday treat today with a trip to the driving range near our beach place.  Using rented driver (no-name and weighed a ton, traded for a bent shaft 3w) and a Mizuno MP 54 7i.  Worked on shot placement - better success with the 7i, one sweet club, as opposed to the long clubs. Warmed up using split grip to get the turn happening.  Settling in, I was able place the ball pretty much where I wanted.  Using the bend head 3w I could still rattle off some decent swings.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 14:

Full swing - a bit more work on backswing, and then switched focus to downswing priority piece.

Short game - more COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills.

Putting - worked on bead for just a few minutes inside with yardstick drill.

-Peter

Day 170.  Day two of club championship.   I didn't play as well as yesterday, but despite two lost balls I hung in there.  I "only" hit seven GIRs:  holes 4 and 7, and then the last five holes.  No birdies today.  Two off the lead going into the last round which is tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 81, August 14, 2021:

Cont’d work on my taller set-up shorter backswing type stuff today. Mostly was in bed sick though. So like 11 minutes of practice today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 15:

Played 18 this morning. After only sleeping about 2 hours figured it was going to be a shit show.

It was for the front 9, but found an exaggerated backswing feel for the back 9, and ended up scoring okay.

-Peter

Day 50 (15 Aug 21) - More of the same backswing/down swing drills from yesterday (using Danny Maude's drill from his YouTube page (link below).  Working on coming through, non-panicked, to finish weight forward and not falling out the swing.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 293: Worked on my priority pieces for about 30 minutes with 6 iron and driver. 

Scott

My Swing Thread