IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

4/2 Day 2 monsoon conditions outside so I putt across the living for 10 min working on square contact and hitting the ball with the center of the club face. Then I grabbed my wedges and tried to keep bouncing the ball in the air. Almost broke the cable box and still cannot find 1 of the balls. But did improve, will it help my hand eye coordination to result in better contact? I don’t know. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day six: 20 minutes of slow medicine ball 1/2 swings to engage my core more, whilst keeping my head from dipping and working on transferring those feels to swinging a club at 30% or so. Will get some putting practice in late as well.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/3/18:

Day 368:

Practiced putting in the living room for about 15 minutes in the wee hours. Mostly 12-15 feet... Just line and speed getting ready to maybe get out on the course in about a week or so... maybe next Wednesday if the weather decides to cooperate.

Day Three, of year two of this challenge... All 93 days in 2018, by the way for those who wonder. @JuanTheGolfer were even on that one... Just try to keep up for the rest of the year if you can.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 48 - 4' putting with new claw grip on short putter working on bead...then 35ft putts for lag with it. Not bad considering new grip and back to short putter.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

4/3/18:

Day 368:

Practiced putting in the living room for about 15 minutes in the wee hours. Mostly 12-15 feet... Just line and speed getting ready to maybe get out on the course in about a week or so... maybe next Wednesday if the weather decides to cooperate.

Day Three, of year two of this challenge... All 93 days in 2018, by the way for those who wonder. @JuanTheGolfer were even on that one... Just try to keep up for the rest of the year if you can.

Thanks for the encouragement. @onthehunt526.. I will keep up.  As Michael Breed would say, "Lets do this!!"  

DAY 134    Spent 3 1/2 hours on the range doing drills from my GGGA Workbook.  Focusing on Downswing sequence and getting to my left side.    Looking forward to playing golf tomorrow.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 93. ? Actually I have lost count. Haven't missed since 1/1/18....lol

Chipping and putting this morning. It's a good thing I only reside 5 minutes from the course. 

Started messing around with Geoff Mangrum's green reading technique. Just trying something new to keep a higher interest level. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 9 - Mirror work at the gym with Yoga for Golf workout. Focused on pitch elbow feel from my lesson, feeling like the right arm is not straightening before impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 60 - April 3, 2018 - Worked on my full swing backswing pieces, feeling the right elbow or my hands farther "that way" (away from the target and, well, my head and/or shoulders).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 April 3rd, got home threw on the golf shirt and was headed up to the course next door then I realized the fairways are all torn up and the range was closed so I chipped across the back yard for several turns and then bumped and ran it many more times. Focus was on good contact, center of club, and getting the balls closely landing together. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Day 50 - kettle bells swings for balanced weight shift and focus on steady head in the gym this morning

hope to hit balls later today as well

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 7 - Had a really good practice session this morning - spent 1 hr 45 minutes on 60 balls, which is pretty good going for me! Lots of slow-motion work and practice on the priority piece for the first hour and then spent the last 45 minutes or so on partial wedge yardages.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/4/18:

Day 369:

More work this morning with my A4 to A5 drill. Raining pretty hard outside so the drills were done indoors. My next lesson is a week from today. And I have a feeling Craig has another drill to build on this.

94 for 94 in 2018. Day 4 of Year Two.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 94

Lubed, and rotated the wheels on my Clicgear. Checked tire pressures. Gave the frame a good wipe down.:-P

Once at the practice area, it was more putting getting use to distances in relation to my back swing.  Worked off level, uphill, and downhill surfaces. 

Also spent some time practicing green reads for longer putts. Trying out a new technique that seems to have some promise.

My full swing is on the shelf for another week till we figure out my latest shoulder ailment. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 61 - April 4, 2018 - Putted in the basement while watching Live From.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 - Mirror work at the gym then golf specific exercises and knee therapy exercises.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 135.    Spent 10 minutes on the putting green working on long putts.  After warming up on the range I played 18 holes.     GRRRR.... I hit a lot of good shots, but a few clunkers were mixed in.   Just motivation for more range work. :-)

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

So the Journey begins...

Day 1- Worked on 3-wood Tee Shots as well as tee shots with my Mini-Driver. Objective was to maintain 80% of my shots or better within my shot zone. I achieved 80% exactly with 3 wood and 60% with mini driver. I did my best to treat each tee shot as if it were the real deal and went through my pre-shot routine almost every time.