IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 200.  After work today, I spent ten minutes practicing full swings -- a total of 4 balls hit.  They were good, and I hope to swing well when I play tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 46:

Still feeling a bit lost with my priority piece, so spent time today in front of patio door "mirror" rehearsing experimental feels to help me achieve the correct motion since the initial feel I had doesn't seem to do it anymore. Seemed to find a few things that worked, so later this evening I hit some balls using these thoughts/feels. Too dark to record swings, but I used impact tape to map ball striking and it was mostly around centerface again, with misses toward the toe. Still a little concerned that start line is center or a bit left (I would prefer start line to be center or a bit right) because my typical shot is a draw. I could also be judging the start line incorrectly because my net/mat alignment is a little off kilter at the moment as I have moved it to a new location in the yard temporarily.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 5: 

Last night, went to the range at twilight...  big thing I learned: if you can't see where the ball is going, you're gonna get minimal feedback. 😕

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 326: Played 18 with a close friend of mine. Had a great time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 81 (16 Sep 21) - Played 18 today but did something totally different that made for some great course management strategizing.  ON all the "odd" numbered holes (1, 3, 5....15, 17), I limited myself to pretty much the 3w off the tee and only odd numbered hybrid (3h) and irons (5-7-9).  Likewise ON all the "even" numbered holes (2, 4, 6....16, 18), I limited myself pretty much to the driver off the tee and only the even numbered hybrid (4h) and irons (6 - 8 - PW (as this used to be the 10i in the old days)).  Where wedge play was required, I only had the 52 and 58 wedges in the bag, so I was limited there.   The fun of this was that I had to think about how to best play the hole given what clubs were "available" for that hole.  I have done only irons/hybrid before and have limited myself to only say the "odd" irons as well.  I can say I believe this round encouraged some of the best ball striking I have ever done and encouraged great course management for each hole.  Can say this is a must do again exercise!  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1  - practiced chipping and putting for 40mins prior to play a round. With regards to putting, I focused on tempo of stroke for lags and bead for 10’ or less. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 6: practiced tempo with Orange Whip Trainer (10 min).

Day 201.  Played 18 holes today.  A course where I should have hit more than the 5 GIR I hit and should have shot lower than the 87 I did.  The driving range was closed before the round, and I hit my opening tee shot O.B..  😞  Not sure why I missed so many shots, especially driver, right.  Will have to do some outdoor practice to complement my indoor practice to ensure I'm not getting wild. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 201.  Played 18 holes today.  A course where I should have hit more than the 5 GIR I hit and should have shot lower than the 87 I did.  The driving range was closed before the round, and I hit my opening tee shot O.B..  😞  Not sure why I missed so many shots, especially driver, right.  Will have to do some outdoor practice to complement my indoor practice to ensure I'm not getting wild. 

Edited by Shindig
trying to delete, not sure why this got posted twice

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 47:

A little work on priority piece and a little work on COVID-19 day 6/7 drills. 

-Peter

Day 47:

A little work on priority piece and a little work on COVID-19 day 6/7 drills. 

-Peter

DAY 7:

Putting practice (15 min): 6'6" ("free throw line") -- sinking at about 70% (expectation = 90%).  Work in progress. 😊

Edited by HankBlue
punctuation

Day 2 - more chipping, pitching, putting as yesterday.   Some grip work as well

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 327: Range work today focused on setup and alignment through the bag. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 82 (17 Sep 21) - time w/the putter this evening on the indoor putting mat.  Decided to work with the DF992 as I plan to use it for the next few rounds.  Focus was on tempo and keeping centered.  Total of about 50 putts taken from 3’ up to  9’ (the max length of the mat).  Made about half the shots along the white line to the little hole (about 1-1/2 ball dia) and half from the full cup dia hole.  Will be interested to see how they fall over the next few rounds. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 12

Chipping practice into a net.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 48:

Worked on priority piece with 4-iron. Multiple rehearsals between balls. Focused on having a quiet swing,

-Peter

Day 202.  This evening, I spent ten minutes hitting balls.  I noticed my rehearsal swings weren't getting to where I expected and that my front arm was folding almost at setup.  I wonder if this was the issue yesterday?  I will have to pay more attention going forward. 

By the way, I say "the issue yesterday" as if I hit the ball horribly.  Other than the first shot O.B. (which was also my first shot of the day -- range was closed), I played quite well, beating the 10 handicap mark on strokes gained by nearly a full stroke, and if we ignore the opening O.B. (which I maintain wouldn't have happened if I had been able to hit a few balls to warm up -- yes, it still counts of course), I'm under my handicap in SG:D for the day, too.  

-- Michael | My swing!