iacas

Day 46:

Still feeling a bit lost with my priority piece, so spent time today in front of patio door "mirror" rehearsing experimental feels to help me achieve the correct motion since the initial feel I had doesn't seem to do it anymore. Seemed to find a few things that worked, so later this evening I hit some balls using these thoughts/feels. Too dark to record swings, but I used impact tape to map ball striking and it was mostly around centerface again, with misses toward the toe. Still a little concerned that start line is center or a bit left (I would prefer start line to be center or a bit right) because my typical shot is a draw. I could also be judging the start line incorrectly because my net/mat alignment is a little off kilter at the moment as I have moved it to a new location in the yard temporarily.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 5: 

Last night, went to the range at twilight...  big thing I learned: if you can't see where the ball is going, you're gonna get minimal feedback. 😕

Day 81 (16 Sep 21) - Played 18 today but did something totally different that made for some great course management strategizing.  ON all the "odd" numbered holes (1, 3, 5....15, 17), I limited myself to pretty much the 3w off the tee and only odd numbered hybrid (3h) and irons (5-7-9).  Likewise ON all the "even" numbered holes (2, 4, 6....16, 18), I limited myself pretty much to the driver off the tee and only the even numbered hybrid (4h) and irons (6 - 8 - PW (as this used to be the 10i in the old days)).  Where wedge play was required, I only had the 52 and 58 wedges in the bag, so I was limited there.   The fun of this was that I had to think about how to best play the hole given what clubs were "available" for that hole.  I have done only irons/hybrid before and have limited myself to only say the "odd" irons as well.  I can say I believe this round encouraged some of the best ball striking I have ever done and encouraged great course management for each hole.  Can say this is a must do again exercise!  

Day 201.  Played 18 holes today.  A course where I should have hit more than the 5 GIR I hit and should have shot lower than the 87 I did.  The driving range was closed before the round, and I hit my opening tee shot O.B..  😞  Not sure why I missed so many shots, especially driver, right.  Will have to do some outdoor practice to complement my indoor practice to ensure I'm not getting wild. 

Day 201.  Played 18 holes today.  A course where I should have hit more than the 5 GIR I hit and should have shot lower than the 87 I did.  The driving range was closed before the round, and I hit my opening tee shot O.B..  😞  Not sure why I missed so many shots, especially driver, right.  Will have to do some outdoor practice to complement my indoor practice to ensure I'm not getting wild. 

Edited by Shindig
trying to delete, not sure why this got posted twice

DAY 7:

Putting practice (15 min): 6'6" ("free throw line") -- sinking at about 70% (expectation = 90%).  Work in progress. 😊

Edited by HankBlue
punctuation

Day 82 (17 Sep 21) - time w/the putter this evening on the indoor putting mat.  Decided to work with the DF992 as I plan to use it for the next few rounds.  Focus was on tempo and keeping centered.  Total of about 50 putts taken from 3’ up to  9’ (the max length of the mat).  Made about half the shots along the white line to the little hole (about 1-1/2 ball dia) and half from the full cup dia hole.  Will be interested to see how they fall over the next few rounds. 

Day 202.  This evening, I spent ten minutes hitting balls.  I noticed my rehearsal swings weren't getting to where I expected and that my front arm was folding almost at setup.  I wonder if this was the issue yesterday?  I will have to pay more attention going forward. 

By the way, I say "the issue yesterday" as if I hit the ball horribly.  Other than the first shot O.B. (which was also my first shot of the day -- range was closed), I played quite well, beating the 10 handicap mark on strokes gained by nearly a full stroke, and if we ignore the opening O.B. (which I maintain wouldn't have happened if I had been able to hit a few balls to warm up -- yes, it still counts of course), I'm under my handicap in SG:D for the day, too.