iacas

Day 205.  Two more ten minute sessions of 6-iron shots (indoors, off a mat, into the net).  My schedule today didn't end up permitting a trip to the range to get video and/or do some putting. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 331: Played 18 this AM in the first group out. Driver was really squirrelly, so I went to the range after to work the feels out. I was definitely taking the club back to far out in front of me. This makes it hard to control. So I worked on the feel like I’m taking it too far inside, which isn’t the case (I know this from filming my practice). This just sets the club up properly for a good downswing. Playing again tomorrow.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3100692

Day 86 (21 Sep 21) - Played 18 today.  Some of the most consistent ball striking across the board - from irons to woods to driver.  Worked on keeping my pre-shot routine consistent (even adopted it for my chips/pitches in the yard), to do the same thing on every shot of every hole.  Also spent a couple of $ for a small bucket (22) of range balls before getting started.  Again - not rifling through in 2 minutes but rather about 20 minutes of warm-up work.  Really like doing that as I get a feel for the shot shape that is happening that day.  Also it inspires confidence in how the ball should fly.  

DAY 11:

Putting Practice (25 rolls, 6'6"):

SCORING SYSTEM: 3=In the hole; 2=rimmed out;; 1=outta gas near hole (tap in)

1.96 average (4 = longest sink streak)

Orange Whip Tempo Trainer

[30 min]

Day 52:

COVID-19 day 6/7 short game drills. After that, did a few minutes of rehearsals for my priority piece. Lesson coming up at the end of this week to see where I have gone wrong with this one.

Day 206.  Stop me if you've heard this one before.  15 minutes after work of 6-iron shots (about a half dozen total balls this time).  Same focus:  setup, backswing pace and length.

Day 332: Played 18 again today. Used the backswing feels from yesterday’s range session but I was still too fast about half the time. Went back to the range after to work on tempo. Really have to slow down.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3100899

Day 87 (22 Sep 21) - Today was "wedge Wednesday".  Worked with the PW (46deg), GW (52deg) and LW (58deg) at varying distances up to 75yds (meant I had to hit from a neighbor's back yard (he has given me permission to hit from there, big thing is that I don't try to make big divots with the wedges but rather serious bruising of the grass).  I also did the blind corner shot today - I can set up to where I have to come over the corner of the shop and land the ball at the pin near the garage door.  Makes for good accuracy.  The goal was to get the ball to land just short of the pin and roll out toward it.  For the balls short but still in the longer grass, I worked on simple punches with clubs for easy up and downs.  

Day 6 - did some pitching practice doing the 4(5?) ball challenge. Used this last week when I played and hit 2 high soft pitches from 20 yards to 5-10 feet. Feels good to hit shots on the course like you hit ‘em in the practice facility…doesn’t usually work the way

DAY 12:

1.76 average (2 = longest sink streak) 😐

[30 min]

Day 207.  If you think I hit some 6-iron shots today, you're right!  But I also spent 30 minutes putting on a real green by taking a break to do so;  I didn't do drills, and I mostly hit from 3-12' ; the shorter ones I focused on doing my best to make it, the longer ones I wanted to get close enough to have a chance but, if I missed, to miss them long with a short return putt.  I also spent ten minutes hitting half shots with my 54 degree (indoors, off a mat, real balls). 

DAY 13:

2.16 average (4 = longest sink streak) 🙂

[30 min]

Day 88 (23 Sep 21) - Rained most of the day, but cleared out late in the day so I could get outside and make some swings.  Went with the 7i and whiffle balls, focusing on staying focused on getting the weight on the lead foot going into the downswing.  

Day 208.  I did ten minutes of half and quarter shots with my 54 degree (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) today.   My focus was on solid shots and good setup.