-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 205.  Two more ten minute sessions of 6-iron shots (indoors, off a mat, into the net).  My schedule today didn't end up permitting a trip to the range to get video and/or do some putting. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 331: Played 18 this AM in the first group out. Driver was really squirrelly, so I went to the range after to work the feels out. I was definitely taking the club back to far out in front of me. This makes it hard to control. So I worked on the feel like I’m taking it too far inside, which isn’t the case (I know this from filming my practice). This just sets the club up properly for a good downswing. Playing again tomorrow.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3100692

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5 - PP: straighter right elbow with 8i x 10mins in backyard. I also incorporated my new to rehearse (and get consistent with) a pre-shot routine

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 86 (21 Sep 21) - Played 18 today.  Some of the most consistent ball striking across the board - from irons to woods to driver.  Worked on keeping my pre-shot routine consistent (even adopted it for my chips/pitches in the yard), to do the same thing on every shot of every hole.  Also spent a couple of $ for a small bucket (22) of range balls before getting started.  Again - not rifling through in 2 minutes but rather about 20 minutes of warm-up work.  Really like doing that as I get a feel for the shot shape that is happening that day.  Also it inspires confidence in how the ball should fly.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 11:

Putting Practice (25 rolls, 6'6"):

SCORING SYSTEM: 3=In the hole; 2=rimmed out;; 1=outta gas near hole (tap in)

1.96 average (4 = longest sink streak)

Orange Whip Tempo Trainer

[30 min]

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 52:

COVID-19 day 6/7 short game drills. After that, did a few minutes of rehearsals for my priority piece. Lesson coming up at the end of this week to see where I have gone wrong with this one.

-Peter

Day 206.  Stop me if you've heard this one before.  15 minutes after work of 6-iron shots (about a half dozen total balls this time).  Same focus:  setup, backswing pace and length.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 332: Played 18 again today. Used the backswing feels from yesterday’s range session but I was still too fast about half the time. Went back to the range after to work on tempo. Really have to slow down.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3100899

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 87 (22 Sep 21) - Today was "wedge Wednesday".  Worked with the PW (46deg), GW (52deg) and LW (58deg) at varying distances up to 75yds (meant I had to hit from a neighbor's back yard (he has given me permission to hit from there, big thing is that I don't try to make big divots with the wedges but rather serious bruising of the grass).  I also did the blind corner shot today - I can set up to where I have to come over the corner of the shop and land the ball at the pin near the garage door.  Makes for good accuracy.  The goal was to get the ball to land just short of the pin and roll out toward it.  For the balls short but still in the longer grass, I worked on simple punches with clubs for easy up and downs.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 6 - did some pitching practice doing the 4(5?) ball challenge. Used this last week when I played and hit 2 high soft pitches from 20 yards to 5-10 feet. Feels good to hit shots on the course like you hit ‘em in the practice facility…doesn’t usually work the way

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 12:

1.76 average (2 = longest sink streak) 😐

[30 min]

Day 207.  If you think I hit some 6-iron shots today, you're right!  But I also spent 30 minutes putting on a real green by taking a break to do so;  I didn't do drills, and I mostly hit from 3-12' ; the shorter ones I focused on doing my best to make it, the longer ones I wanted to get close enough to have a chance but, if I missed, to miss them long with a short return putt.  I also spent ten minutes hitting half shots with my 54 degree (indoors, off a mat, real balls). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 53:

Did some yardstick putting practice indoors, and some rehearsal/swing mapping with a PW, also indoors.  

-Peter

Day 333: Range session today, which I filmed and sent into Evolvr.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 13:

2.16 average (4 = longest sink streak) 🙂

[30 min]

Day 88 (23 Sep 21) - Rained most of the day, but cleared out late in the day so I could get outside and make some swings.  Went with the 7i and whiffle balls, focusing on staying focused on getting the weight on the lead foot going into the downswing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 208.  I did ten minutes of half and quarter shots with my 54 degree (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) today.   My focus was on solid shots and good setup. 

-- Michael | My swing!