iacas

Day 215.  Attempted the ruler drill (putting on carpet, real balls) late this evening.  As before, my focus was on the putting stroke itself, and I counted as a miss if I got wristy, even if the ball's travel was fine. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 96 (01 Oct 21) - Played nine today with just the 3w-4h-6i-8i-PW and putter.  This was with the Missus and grandson.  Played from the reds so I knew I could still pretty much make greens if the shots aligned but they didn't.  Still it was a great day to work on shot planning, taking into account the distance to the middle of the green, whether the pin is front-middle-back, what club or combo of clubs would cover said distance.  Can say that there is something freeing about not having so many club choices in the bag.  

DAY 21:

Putting practice (unscored).  Working with my new SuperStroke wrist lock putter grip (60 min).

new putter grip.jpg

Edited by HankBlue

Day 216.  Late morning today, I spent 20 minutes on a real putting green working on 3-15' putts.   No measured drills, but I did focus on usual things (making the short ones, hitting longer ones where they either go in or past the hole, but not so far past that I stress on the one coming back). 

Day 96 (02 Oct 21) - played 9 today at a course that I’ve only played once before (it is set up as 3 9-hole tracks). Played the Lakes track focusing on pre-shot routine, looking to where best to play the next shot.  

DAY 22:

Putting Practice (25 rolls, 6'6"):

SCORING SYSTEM: 3=In the hole; 2=rimmed out;; 1=outta gas near hole (tap in)

2.20 average (4 = longest sink streak) 🙂 [Personal Best]

Day 217.  One of those weekends where I'm away and don't have access to my usual practice facilities, but I do have a carpeted area in which I can, and did, five minutes of putting across a ruler, focusing on the putting motion. 

Day 64:

Played 18. Total disaster of a round. Feels weren't working at all, no clubface awareness, and for a stretch of 5 holes could barely find the ball. Threw in the towel with regards to scoring at the turn, had a few beers, and just had fun for the last nine holes.

Day 218.  I spent 20 minutes after the Cardinals game today on a putting green (a "real" outdoor one, but artificial turf, and now I sort of want one) practicing various length putts with the usual foci. 

16 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Day 218.  I spent 20 minutes after the Cardinals game today on a putting green (a "real" outdoor one, but artificial turf, and now I sort of want one) practicing various length putts with the usual foci. 

Any idea about how long they last and how well they hold up? My wife has actually given me the okay to build one in my backyard.

Day 97 (03 Oct 21) an easy day of mirror work, focused on getting better weight shift going into the downswing. 

Day 65:

After a confidence crushing round, I went back to basics today. At some point too late in my round to salvage it, I realized I was not making a full shoulder turn, so I started with this. Also worked on not whipping the clubhead inside.

Did some COVID-19 day-5 drills to finish up, and then a little bit of pitching practice.