iacas

Day 98 (04 Oct 21) - played 18 today.  Worked on swing tempo, esp the irons.  Used the phrase, “right side/left side” to set the tempo.  Worked well as ball striking was much more consistent.  Will continue to work in this area. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 219.  After yesterday's excitement, today's on-carpet putting drill (well, ruler on carpet) wasn't as much fun.  But it was needed.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, Longjourney said:

Any idea about how long they last and how well they hold up? My wife has actually given me the okay to build one in my backyard.

I am unsure, but we should use a thread that already has that topic for the conversation.

Day 66:

Practiced with 5-iron today. Worked on backswing (feel is lead shoulder behind ball), and getting depth with rotation instead of just moving arms. Downswing piece still the same, trail shoulder works down and around, pressure shift into left heel, feel like I'm holding face open.

Day 99 (05 Oct 21) - Wedge work in the backyard. Worked on hitting from varied distances to the same target point.  Used the LW working from 5yds up to 20yds.  

Day 100 (06 Oct 21) - Chipping work with the 9i today.  Working on getting confident on distances and where ball will run out to…made it a game with the grandson.  Working with him makes drills like these much more relaxing and fun.  

DAY 26:

Putting Practice (25 rolls, 6'6"):

SCORING SYSTEM: 3=In the hole; 2=rimmed out;; 1=outta gas near hole (tap in)

2.20 average (6 = longest sink streak) 🙂 [Personal Best]

Day 67:

Did some backswing rehearsals with and without a club, working on trying to find a good feel for making a full turn. Then hit balls with a 6-iron, working on my downswing stuff.

I missed yesterday, 10/5/21.  However I am still good on the challenge.

Day 220.  This evening, I hit four very good 6-iron shots (indoors, off a mat, into a net). 

DAY 27:

Indoor Training/Video Session: Every club in the bag/3 good swings (must be consecutive) [60min].

Last day in black. 😁 

Edited by HankBlue

Day 221.  Spent 20 minutes at lunchtime hitting 6-iron shots;  slowly, with the focus as before on backswing length.  I'm a little frustrated because I feel like I can get this right at slow speeds but it isn't translating into full swing keeping back. 

Day 68:

Worked on backswing for aboit 10 minutes, half without club and half with club. Then continued to work on downswing piece with 7-iron. Doesn’t feel particularly solid yet, but start line is center to a little right of center, and only an occasional ball starting left, so maybe a some improvement since my last round.

Day 101 (07 Oct 21) -  Had picked up again Hogan’s Five Lessons and decided to make it a grip exercise day.  Spent time going through his recommended steps on grip setup.  Ended the session with some 3/4 swings w/hard foam balls and the 7i.  Saw more consistent ball flight w/most shots being a small fade and no chunking divots. 

Edited by WillieT
Added text

DAY 28:

Putting Practice [25 rolls, randomized variable distance (7', 6', 5', 4', & 3')]:

SCORING SYSTEM: 3=In the hole; 2=rimmed out;; 1=outta gas near hole (tap in)

2.24 average (4 = longest sink streak) 🙂 [Personal Best]