iacas

Day 80:

Worked on grip and finding my clubface awareness/palmar flexion with 7-iron. Frustrated today because I struggled to get the clubface square; it was launch high right, or low left, with just a sprinkling of good ones, but I was not consistently hitting my launch window on the net. Luckily I have a lesson next week and hope to have a better path to work it out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 360: Range work today focusing on setup and grip. After reviewing Erik’s grip video, I made some adjustments which seem to help a bit WRT over draws. I went deeper into the fingers which keeps the head stable with any change in grip pressure. 

Also worked on ball position and some short game.

Day 3 - My AlmostGolf balls arrived today. Practiced LW and 7-iron shots in the yard w/o fear of collateral damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 114 (20 Oct 21) - P3 to P4 work today.  Purposely stopping at both to check hand-body position.  The pause for the cause at the top, 180deg from my way too quick typical transition.  Using Birdie Balls so I could make a full swing - the slowing down and making sure of the set made for consistency in shot placement.  

Day 82:

More work with grip adjustment, and then after a long day at work came home to power outage due to storms  so did backswing practice and palmar flexion drills indoors. 

Day 361: Played a muggy and buggy 18 solo this morning. Found two ticks on my after the round and I sprayed my legs down with bug spray before the round. Yuck.

Played OK. focused on ball position and grip this round with better results. Putting was excellent on long putts getting close. Missed a couple of 8 footers for birdie though. Short game was good too. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3116827

Day 83:

Did some backswing work and some palmar flexion practice indoors with LVP camera, before heading to airport to fly to my sister's wedding.

Day 4 - Hit shots with my 54* wedge until I could hit them about 1 foot apart. It took about 10 minutes.

Day 362: Range work today. Started with long arc drills with 8 and 6 iron and driver. Moved on to my distance wedge drill. Then worked on setup and alignment to various targets at the range. I have to really focus on these because I tend to drop my back foot off line and twist my body up when there are things like mats or ropes that are close and in my vision. I see the rope and for some reason (maybe OCD) I align with the rope. I have to really block out everything but my club head, ball and start line, then setup to that. I’m going to keep working on that as well.

Day 5 (10/22/21) - More distance wedge work today. Hit 24 balls each with my UW (49*) and 54* wedges to a flag in my yard. I am using Almostgolf balls for this practice and assume they go about half this distance of real ones. I was more accurate and consistent with the 54* (a forged New Level M-type) than my set G710 UW. 

Day 115 (22 Oct 21 - took yesterday off) - played 18 at the local course today with my son.  Worked on course management - i.e. approach shot set-up to give the best option for GIR or nGIR.  We acted as caddy for each other - discussing pin location, what you had to work with in terms of green to pin.  Made for a good working round that provided insight in how much Separation Value plays in getting the "look" for birdie or better on each hole. 

Day 6 (10/23/21) - Practiced pitch and run shots and "chitch" shots, with a 9-iron. For the "chitch" shots, I tried using the same claw grip that I use to putt with. This approach is awkward at first, but definitely keeps my right hand out of the shot. 

Day 116 (23 Oct 21) - worked w/putter and straight edge.  Used both the DF992 and White Steel #5 - big difference in feel.  Drills were to overcome the push I tend to see.  More work needed, but the straightedge does provide the right feedback. 

Day 7 (10/24/21) - Practiced chipping today: about 9 balls with my Orange Whip Wedge, followed by about 15 balls with my 58* wedge trying for the same feeling. I got this drill from a Bryan Pate video.