IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

I'm starting over. I fell off when we took Natalie to school, and haven't played or practiced much at all since then. Lots going on.

Day 1 - November 1, 2021

Practiced with my training aid in the middle of the Fit for Golf workout (as my breaks). It probably totaled about 10-15 minutes of practice, but I'm liking this training aid… It makes you do the work, just alerting you to when you do it badly/incorrectly.

P.S. I'm leaving my 5 Minutes Award. Suck it. 😄

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 132 (01 Nov 21) - Opted for putter work today, focusing on pace at varied distances.  Set up some “blind” putts, ala what you would see on a putt putt course, to where you had to lag to a spot to set up the shot in the cup (a small pail about 5” dia laid on its side).  A good exercise for ball control.  

Day 15 (11/2/21) - Putting practice with my PuttOut mat and a metronome (set at 80 bpm).  Worked on making "perfect" putts from 3 and 4 feet. 

Edited by Bob M

• Administrator

Day 2 - November 2, 2021

More of the same: practiced with my training aid a little bit. I like it. Soon I'll start hitting balls with it. I think it can be pretty good.

Day 95:

Did full swing practice today with a 7-iron. Worked on the backswing feel of "toe up" at P2 and also trail arm straight to get width. Rehearsed these feels as part of pre shot routine, and then hit a ball.

Didn't do any work on setup adjustments, but about halfway through hitting balls, I noticed that my feet were neutral (instead of closed), and my chest/shoulders were not leaning too far toward target, so these changes became natural very quickly.

DAY 2 (last night):

Late-nite indoor range session with irons (focus on weight forward) [60 min].

DAY 3:

Early morning range session with driver/woods (focus on ball forward placement to change AoA) [30 min].

Day 96:

Continued to work on the same thing; toe up feeling at P2, trail elbow stays straight. Also tried out some different grip pressures, and realized I can grip the club much tighter than I have been without affecting contact.

Day 133 (02 Nov 21) - Worked on overall iron play today during my round by using them exclusively in approaches. I was flying solo and none were immediately ahead or behind.  The drill included taking the club mid shaft and working on rotation to make sure I did not flip.  Did it affect my over all score, not really.  What it did do was have me hitting a lot of up and downs for par attempts. 

Day 133 (03 Nov 21) - not sure what happened with yesterday’s post (above).  Today did a slight variant of the Snapping Sticks  Drill (Day 9 of the Covid-19 PP Challenge) - using a 7i to get the core rotation like I need.  Took it further by working the iron to post impact - all in front of a mirror.  

Day 17 (11/4/21) - Practiced chipping using my putting stroke (what mvmac calls a "chitch") with an 8-iron, chipping to various spots. I use a claw grip to putt, and so am working on hitting chip shots with the same grip. When I get it right, it makes the chip much more consistent. 

Day 374: Did Fit for Golf Phase 1 C workout in the morning then range work after lunch. Did all swings with one feel thought throughout the session. Also paid attention to my grip. Mixed in some short game shots as well.

• Administrator

Day 4 - November 4, 2021

Good 30-minute session today. A little flow work, a little setting the club earlier while maintaining the good width. Started out with the training aid I'm working on.

6 hours ago, Bob M said:

Day 17 (11/4/21) - Practiced chipping using my putting stroke (what mvmac calls a "chitch") with an 8-iron, chipping to various spots. I use a claw grip to putt, and so am working on hitting chip shots with the same grip. When I get it right, it makes the chip much more consistent. 

Is this the classic Bump and Run shot?

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 4 - November 4, 2021

Good 30-minute session today. A little flow work, a little setting the club earlier while maintaining the good width. Started out with the training aid I'm working on.

Hmmm.... what "training aid?" :-)