IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 140 (10 Nov 21) - Most non-golf golf drill today.  Yesterday while tossing balls for my grandson to hit with the bat, I realized I was “unconsciously” unloading my trail foot and ending fully on my lead.  This was the epiphany - I was painlessly coming down on my left foot, the one with no toes/grafted skin from the motorcycle wreck in 2016.  Hence my plan today was to continue with this as it is reaffirming that I can put weight on that foot without fear.  So today was all about ending weight forward while pitching and also while taking swings while the five year old pitched.  Who said drills have to be boring never had a 5 yr old “swing coach”. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 10 - November 10, 2021

Hit balls after a junior session downtown. I didn't hit them well. I felt a bit "crowded" at the top. I hit the last few better. Better doesn't mean contact or start line, it just means whether I felt I was making a good motion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 102:

Continued practice on backswing elements indoors with LVP camera, and then did some downswing practice outdoors (in the mostly dark), working on a feel for weight forward/recentering.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 10 (11/10):

Late-nite indoor range session with irons (focus on power/grip it & rip it) [60 min]. B-) 

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 380: Played with the MEVO+ today at the range. I thinks it important to take the time to aim the unit at the target. My first last week try was too far left. Today it was a bit too right. It still gets the curve, but in order to really fine tune my shot zones, I need to work on setting up with more precision.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 23 (11/11/21) - Just noticed that I screwed up yesterday's date...should have been 11/10/21.

I was not happy with greenside bunker play yesterday so I will need to work on this aspect of my game more and possibly rethink the wedges which I have in play. When I was fitted for my PingG710s last year, I also was fitted for a Glide 3.0 Eye-2 56*, which I benched when I went to a 54*/58* setup. The thing is that the Eye-2 grind is really good out of the hard packed bunkers like we have at NKGC. 

Today, therefore, I hit chips in my yard with various wedges, including the aforementioned Ping and a Titleist SM6 62* M-grind. The SM6 is too lofted to be practical for me, but I did get a good feel for the ground interaction. The Ping was as good as I remembered. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 141 (11 Nov 21) - First a Happy Veteran's Day to all the vets on the SandTrap forum and a big thanks for your service.   

Played 9 today with the missus.  Was a great afternoon, temps in the 70's and no wind.  She keeps me from getting too serious when we play, so today was about relaxing and just coming through the ball.  Kept true to the pre-shot routine I've adopted, focused on keeping the head down and having the weight forward at the end of the swing.  Except for the hard hook on the first tee (still playable as it bounced back in bounds), the drives were in the short stuff.  Was pleased with the overall mechanics of the day.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Day 380: Played with the MEVO+ today at the range. I thinks it important to take the time to aim the unit at the target. My first last week try was too far left. Today it was a bit too right. It still gets the curve, but in order to really fine tune my shot zones, I need to work on setting up with more precision.

Yeah. You do have the camera and you align it to your target, right? 🙂

Day 11 - November 11, 2021

Spent a good 45 minutes downtown. Mostly worked on the feeling of the shoulders making the arms go up. What new wrinkle I have this year is a bit earlier forearm rotation so I'm not also taking the club WAY out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 103:

Feeling a little under the weather, so spent about 10 minutes indoor working on backswing piece, and then hit 5 balls with a half swing working on weight forward/recentering.

-Peter

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah. You do have the camera and you align it to your target, right? 🙂

Yes, but it does take a bit of practice setting it up correctly. The camera on the MEVO Plus helps a lot.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 11 (11/11): 👀

More work with the irons (focus on reaching target distances) [30 min].

Day 142 (12 Nov 21)  - Worked on impact drills w/5i and hard foam balls.  Started w/ 1/4 swings, then to 1/2 swings focusing on ball then ground contact. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 12 - November 12, 2021

Worked on the backswing for 15 minutes while watching the LPGA Tour event. With my PVC tube.

Day 381: Rainy day so did some indoor work to try and increase backswing length.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 104:

Filmed full swing practice today, same stuff as yesterday. 

-Peter

Day 24 (11/13/21) - Missed yesterday due to bad weather and some personal things which I needed to take care of.

Today worked on 9 to 3 wedge shots (full swing motion) and chipping motion shots with both Almostgolf balls and real golf balls using a Mack Daddy CB 60* wedge that I picked last year. Aside from getting the swings in, I was interested in testing the turf interaction of the club, which I liked, but would prefer in a stronger loft. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 392: worked on distance wedge launch. I’m still launching a bit high. So I did short swings and reinforced the feels. Then I moved on to setup of the MEVO +. I made a stand for it to account for the 4” height difference between my hitting platform and the spot for the MEVO+. Nothing is level in my life!! The new setup worked better.

Finished playing around with driver settings and shafts to get lower spin. I will work on that over the winter too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 13 (11/13):

Indoor range session with 5i (focus on hitting target yardage) [60 min].

NOTE: hmmmm, haven't practice putting in a minute... :8)