IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 13 - November 13, 2021

Practiced for 15 minutes at the end of my work today with juniors. Limited time as I ran well long and wanted to get home.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 143 (13 Nov 21) - busy day that left no light for anything outside.  Mirror work to work through the downswing - working on hand positions through impact, shoulder rotation where lead shoulder points to trail foot at top of backswing, weight forward on lead foot. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 105:

Took a few breaks from landscaping this afternoon to hit some balls. Refined pre-shot routine and waggle move, worked on backswing piece, and played with a few transition feels. Then did a little Covid-19 day 6/7 short game drills. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 14 (11/14):

Putting practice: woke-up early and played "around the world" on the practice putting green. B-)

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 106:

Played 18 this morning. Misses are predominantly right, which remains encouraging. Wind was gusty, and I rushed through a few pre-shot routines trying to time my stroke between gusts, which resulted in poor outcomes. Putting was a little off today.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 14 - November 14, 2021

Practice for 20-25 minutes after juniors. This will be every Saturday/Sunday from here on out, maybe next weekend with the GEARS!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 383: Light day today. Worked on chips inside for 10-15 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 25 (11/14/21) - More chipping and 9 to 3 swings today, this time with an Eye-2 XG SW (57*) setup with a Recoil 80 shaft, like my set.

I forgot just how good the turf interaction is with this club. I hit consistent chips and choke down 9 to 3 full motion shots with this club, which is going back into the bag. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 144 (14 Nov 21) - Some late afternoon swings (as darkness fell) with the old MacGregor Mike Souchak 9i.  The added weight of this club compared to my SLDR irons makes for a more focused swing.  I have too many memories of plowing the back 40 behind the ball with this iron, so today was about making ball first contact with a small divot patch ahead of the ball.  The tough part was my mind was all about not chunking and I found myself pulling up to not chunk and had a number of thins.  Had to step back and go back to easy 1/4 strokes to just get the ball in the air and decently flighted.  By the time darkness halted play, contact was consistently better.  Love messing with the old irons....  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 145 (15 Nov 21) - played 18 today.  Learned a tough lesson - cute is for puppies and toddlers not golf shots.  Had two blow-up holes that were all my own doing around the green.  I knew better and still tried to force the issue.  Quad bogie was the result on both.  What should have been bogie at worst on both.  Still I did not let it rattle me but rather took my medicine and moved on to the next hole.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 15 - November 15, 2021

Practice at home with my PVC pipe.

Busy day. Snuck it in while watching some videos on AirPlay.

Day 26 (11/15/21) -  Worked on a "walking" drill that I picked up from a Danny Maude video, using driver, 9-wood and 7-hybrid. The effect of the drill is to free up the swing motion by giving the feeling of throwing the club.

Edited by Bob M
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 107:

Residual fatigue from a busy weekend tonight, not much ambition to do anything physical. Did some indoor backswing practice, working on pieces from last lesson. Also reviewed the instructional droplets video posted yesterday and did some rehearsals following that example. Also did a little bit of a drill I saw on AMG, which was getting into an impact position and then sort of doing a hockey wrist shot with the ball (foam, indoors).

-Peter

DAY 15 (11/15):

Played another round of "Around the World" on the putting green. B-)

Back to the irons tomorrow. :-D

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 27 (11/16/21) - Chipping drills again today. I'm working on drills from several Danny Maude videos on chipping with the bounce engaged. After mainly using a leading edge method (what iacas calls "chipping" motion) this year with mixed results, I am making a change to more of a pitching motion in which the bounce is engaged. I'm finding getting this right all the time quite challenging, so now spending what remaining time I have outside trying to get it right. Maude has several good drills on his YouTube site. 

Day 384 and 385: Missed posting yesterday. Worked on my priority pieces yesterday with net practice. Today was a busy day but I did do a few backswing feel for a more cupped wrist at A4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 146 (16 Nov 21) - After yesterday's disaster and trying to be cute, I worked on pitches and chips today with the PW in the backyard.  I could vary the lies from fluff, tight, hard pan.  Mixed that with changing ball position - front, middle, back and observing resulting ball flights.  This also pressed me to keep the wrists quiet and not flip 'em.  Granted I was only hitting up to 25yds, I still could get a feel for anticipated flight based on where the ball was positioned.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 16 - November 16, 2021

Spent about 45 minutes downtown working on the "whole motion."