IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 19 - November 19, 2021

Limited practice today, but got five minutes in this morning waiting to get started on the GEARS setup.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 111:

Did more backswing practice indoors with LVP camera - same concepts as previous days. Also went outside in the cold and dark and hit some balls, making sure to go through several backswing rehearsals, then a pre-shot routine (including refined waggle movements), before hitting the ball.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 389: A few minutes of backswing work this afternoon.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 31 (11/20/21) - Worked on wedge shots today focusing on back and down swing positions. Hit some Almostgolf balls, achieving a shallow, in to out divot.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

• Administrator

Day 20 - November 20, 2021

Hit balls for 15-20 minutes after juniors this morning. Still doing a lot of work like I demonstrated in my Member Swing topic.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 150Β  (20 Nov 21)Β - Worked on chipping with the 8i this evening (in the lit backyard).Β  I am wanting complete confidence in swing tempo to carry the ball and not sending it flying into the abyss.Β  Used the See It, Feel It, Trust It process to rely on what I am visualizing and not just random swings.Β  Accuracy was pretty good as I was consistent in the groups being within a 10' circle.Β Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 20 (11/20):

Played a game of "around the world" on my practice putting green [15 min].

:tmade:Β Stealth HD DriverΒ :tmade:Β M4 3wΒ :tmade:Β Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade:Β P790 2i UDIΒ :tmade:Β P790 3i-PWΒ :tmade:Β MG3Β 52Β° AWΒ ...56Β° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter.Β :-)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Day 112:

Covid-19 day 6/7 drills, and then went inside for more backswing work with LVP camera.

-Peter

Day 113:

Played 18 this morning. Not great ball striking or scoring today. It was extremely windy, I'd guess a sustained 1.5-2 club wind, with harder gusts, and debris all over the greens. Maybe the wind affected me a bit, but I was also a little tired from a few too many cocktails last night as well. But mostly I was just making garbage swings. However, everything came together nicely for a stretch on the back 9, and I was striking the ball really crisply in spite of wind and hangover, and had a run of 5 straight pars, so I can take that away as a positive.

-Peter

Day 390: Worked on some new pieces from my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 21 - November 21, 2021

Got some work in before junior lessons this weekend.

Day 32 (11/22/21) - Missed yesterday because we had a party for my Grand-daughter's 5th birthdayΒ :-).

Today worked on putting mechanics with my Puttout mat. I haven't played much in a couple of months and the putting has gotten pretty rusty....

Edited by Bob M
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 391: Did Fit for Golf workout then some chipping work in the yard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 151 (22 Nov 21)Β (took yesterday off) Picked back up today by playing 18 at Minnesott, this time with my son and us following the men's group.Β  Pace was good so we were never really waiting on any of them.Β  While I did not play as well as the other day, I am finding that I can lean on my iron play more and more.Β  Worked on not extending early and thinning the ball.Β  Worked on playing to the shot shape, which is primarily a fade.Β  Went well as I was getting to pretty well predict where the ball would wind up.Β  All these are working to build in confidence, even carrying water hazards - 3 for 3 of all of them today!Β  No ker-splashes!Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 22 - November 22, 2021

Quick swings after a lesson. Had errands to run. Same as the last video in my Member Swings topic.

Day 114:

Worked on backswing priority piece while hitting balls with impact tape and observing start line carefully. Think I figured out the root of my bad right miss. In working on hands and arms raise/hinge while shoulders turn concept, I notice that sometimes I raise but don’t fully rotate. I found a feel that at least temporarily accomplishes both without cheating on either motion. Think I saw it on AMG but not sure of the origin; the feel is a motion of handing a semi-heavy object (AMG used a medicine ball) to someone behind the trail shoulder. Both arms/hands and shoulders need to do their thing without getting out of sync to support the object. I’ve done crappy self diagnosis in the past so I’m going to see how this translates in my lesson. But at least tonight, contact was center-ish, launch was good, and balls were starting online.Β 

-Peter

Day 33 (11/23/21) - Worked on setup and backswing positions, making sure that the face was pointing toward the ground then hit some 7:30 swings (Almostgolf ball) and pitching motion shots (real golf ball) with my SW.Β 

Day 152 (23 Nov 21)Β - Noticed the hole (see photo) in my glove the other day. Β From what I read up on this, seems I am β€œregripping” at the top of the swing, creating the wear spot. Β Came across a drill where you grip your trail hand over your lead hand to help build in the feel of maintaining the grip at the top. Β It is said to help with the power leak that regripping causes. Β Definitely a different drill. Β Β 

A5B418CD-6D08-4873-B947-6D898DA3442F.jpeg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star