IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 392: Worked on my new pieces and filmed them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 23 - November 23, 2021

Ten minutes before a few lessons today, after which I assembled the TV stand for my GEARS system.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 115:

Continued work on backswing priority piece, indoors with LVP camera. Feeling a little out of sorts swing-wise. Not sure if it is the weather/darkness that has resulted in less practice, or I am just hitting a wall. Lesson tomorrow, so I'll have some things to work on soon.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 24 - November 24, 2021

Headed on a road trip to visit with the kiddo here in a bit, so I got some putting done in the basement while procrastinating packing up the car.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 34 (11/24/21) - Worked on my putting stroke using the 2 x 4 drill (from "Instinct Putting"; the goal is to not brush 2 x 4s set an inch wider than my putter head); spent about 10 minutes making strokes between the 2 x 4s with no ball, while imagining a metronome set at 80 bpm, then stroked putts through the 2 x 4s focusing at a spot in front of the ball. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 393: worked with the MEVO Plus today and new RCT balls. Having trouble setting up the unit at the right height and level because nothing on my property is remotely level.😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 153 (24 Nov 21) - day before Thanksgiving golf outing.  Had to wait for the course to get warm enough to play as we had a good frost last night.  Allowed for some extra time to hit a few on the range.  Used that time to work on getting a full shoulder turn, weight forward and keeping the head down through the swing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 116:

Lesson today. Started with some minor backswing adjustments that I got pretty comfortable with during the lesson but I’ll work on getting used to, and then new priority piece for transition. 

-Peter

Day 35 (11/25/21) - While I was smoking the Cornish Game Hen, I practiced chipping with a hybrid per Monte Scheinblum's "Use the Bounce" videos. It's basically the same as mvmac "chitch/pip" method with an iron.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator
On 11/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, boogielicious said:

Day 393: worked with the MEVO Plus today and new RCT balls. Having trouble setting up the unit at the right height and level because nothing on my property is remotely level.😜

How about…

Also…

Day 25 - November 25, 2021

Just squeezed in some practice time with a pencil working on some wrist condition stuff on the backswing. Then switched to a plastic knife for the lack of symmetry (i.e. a "clubface" exists on the knife but not the pencil).

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 154 (25 Nov 21) - Got in some late afternoon swings with the spare 6i I keep in the truck this time of year.  Worked on getting from set-up up to top of backswing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 117:

Rehearsals of backswing adjustment, feeling lead wrist cupping more to lead arm parallel. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 26 - November 26, 2021

Playing Southern Pines later today. I hope we can get all 18 in, but I think the course is packed.

Day 36 (11/26/21) - More putting practice with my PuttOut mat today, mostly from 4', 5' and 6'.

Day 394: Rainy day. Did some chipping work in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 155 (26 Nov 21) - Got in the backyard w/8i and Birdie Balls.  First couple of series, seeing pushes right.  Decided to work on closing the stance  and squaring the club face to the target path to get a more right to left flight. Kept the swings to 1/2 to 3/4.  Last few series (groups of 3) had the ball moving in the desired flight path.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 118:

Rehearsed backswing indoors up to start of transition to work on new cupped wrist feel. Made some chippy 9-3 swings with 8-iron working on eyeline during transition and going from cupped to flexed lead wrist.

-Peter

Day 395: Windy and cold today. Did Fit for Golf mobility and workout sessions. Also worked on backswing and feel of falling onto my left side during transition. Did these mostly without a club but did do a few with an 8 iron. No swings though. 

Scott

My Swing Thread