IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 27 - November 27, 2021

Played 18 with @DaveP043 and his wife and @NatalieB. Started to get some good feelings and hit some more good shots. I'd only really started work on the early part of the backswing. Still, much better than yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 156 (27 Nov 21) - right knee giving a fit today, so I opted for mirror work focusing on the torso and shoulders.  Kept  feet open (minimize torque on right knee) watching out to make sure lead arm did not collapse and trail was 90deg+ at top of backswing, coming through to finish without chicken winging - staying in slo-mo mode.  

Day 119:

Worked on backswing cupped wrist feel and also transition priority piece. Decided to get the feel of head position change (I call it Rory-ing) first, before working on clubface. I will be playing 18 tomorrow and will pay attention to ball flight to see how I need to adjust palmar flexion amount.

Also did pitching/chipping drills from covid-19 practice plan days 6/7.

Day 120: 

Played 18, kept a simple swing thought based on new transition priority piece. Mixed bag of results, as I am still feeling like I have to make conscious thought to execute this well. I feel like there was some good progress on ball striking on the well executed moves. Putting and short game were good today.

Day 157 (28 Nov 21) - Knee feeling better today, got out in the yard with the 5i and Birdie Balls.  Kept swings to 1/2 length, flighting the shots to about 30yds.  Worked on getting predictable shot shape.  It made for a relaxed session as I would think about what went well and what didn’t after each shot.  

Day 38 (11/28/21) - It actually snowed some today! Between swapping the glass for the screens on my porch today, I got in some chipping practice with my 8-iron and 6H. 

• Administrator

Day 28 - November 28, 2021

Got home from visiting the daughter and putted while catching up on some Pens games, etc. Deleted the Steelers game straight away as well as the Match.

Day 39 (11/29/21) - Practiced pitching motion shots using my weak (57*) sand wedge. Focused on the image of an underhand toss with my right arm to keep it moving through the shot. About 15 minutes.

• Administrator

Day 29 - November 29, 2021

Worked a little before my lessons downtown this morning. Backswing, flow… trying to get the hinging times earlier with a little earlier roll but not continuing the roll.

Day 158 (29 Nov 21) - Day got away, so no stuff outside.  Putter work using the my mousetrap drill (two cat toys set up about 10’ away about 4” apart, goal to get the ball between them, I.e thru the trap).  The carpet in the bedroom rolls pretty slow, so you have to make solid contact.  Part two of the drill is to lag the ball to just past the trap, staying on the carpet and not rolling onto the hardwood floor in the hall.  Have less than 2’ of roll out, so it’s about pace.  Love the challenge this drill gives! 

Day 121:

Practiced indoors working on my “cupped wrist until lead arm parallel” feel. Did this for about 20 minutes with LVP camera. Worked on transition priority piece outdoors hitting Almost Golf balls to avoid pitfall of not practicing well due to poor strikes. 

Day 40 (11/30/21) - Practiced putting today; sunk 25 4' putts in a row on my PuttOUT mat. Focused on putting a good roll on the ball and speed. 

Day 159 (30 Nov 21) - Wedge work with the 54 today, worked on engaging the bounce.  Followed that session with pitches (up to 50yds) and chips with the 8i.  Last part of the day’s session, used the shallow ditch bank to practice chips above the feet as well as below.