IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 27 - November 27, 2021

Played 18 with @DaveP043 and his wife and @NatalieB. Started to get some good feelings and hit some more good shots. I'd only really started work on the early part of the backswing. Still, much better than yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 156 (27 Nov 21) - right knee giving a fit today, so I opted for mirror work focusing on the torso and shoulders.  Kept  feet open (minimize torque on right knee) watching out to make sure lead arm did not collapse and trail was 90deg+ at top of backswing, coming through to finish without chicken winging - staying in slo-mo mode.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 37 (11/27/21) - More putting practice today. Got three perfect putts in a row on my PuttOut mat.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 119:

Worked on backswing cupped wrist feel and also transition priority piece. Decided to get the feel of head position change (I call it Rory-ing) first, before working on clubface. I will be playing 18 tomorrow and will pay attention to ball flight to see how I need to adjust palmar flexion amount.

Also did pitching/chipping drills from covid-19 practice plan days 6/7.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 396: worked on my priority pieces again today and filmed them. Backswing and transition look pretty good but A8-9 still need work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 120: 

Played 18, kept a simple swing thought based on new transition priority piece. Mixed bag of results, as I am still feeling like I have to make conscious thought to execute this well. I feel like there was some good progress on ball striking on the well executed moves. Putting and short game were good today.

-Peter

Day 157 (28 Nov 21) - Knee feeling better today, got out in the yard with the 5i and Birdie Balls.  Kept swings to 1/2 length, flighting the shots to about 30yds.  Worked on getting predictable shot shape.  It made for a relaxed session as I would think about what went well and what didn’t after each shot.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 38 (11/28/21) - It actually snowed some today! Between swapping the glass for the screens on my porch today, I got in some chipping practice with my 8-iron and 6H. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 28 - November 28, 2021

Got home from visiting the daughter and putted while catching up on some Pens games, etc. Deleted the Steelers game straight away as well as the Match.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39 (11/29/21) - Practiced pitching motion shots using my weak (57*) sand wedge. Focused on the image of an underhand toss with my right arm to keep it moving through the shot. About 15 minutes.

Day 397: worked a bit on after impact feels and filmed them.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 29 - November 29, 2021

Worked a little before my lessons downtown this morning. Backswing, flow… trying to get the hinging times earlier with a little earlier roll but not continuing the roll.

Day 158 (29 Nov 21) - Day got away, so no stuff outside.  Putter work using the my mousetrap drill (two cat toys set up about 10’ away about 4” apart, goal to get the ball between them, I.e thru the trap).  The carpet in the bedroom rolls pretty slow, so you have to make solid contact.  Part two of the drill is to lag the ball to just past the trap, staying on the carpet and not rolling onto the hardwood floor in the hall.  Have less than 2’ of roll out, so it’s about pace.  Love the challenge this drill gives! 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 121:

Practiced indoors working on my “cupped wrist until lead arm parallel” feel. Did this for about 20 minutes with LVP camera. Worked on transition priority piece outdoors hitting Almost Golf balls to avoid pitfall of not practicing well due to poor strikes. 

-Peter

Day 399: Did some flow drill work then worked on long backswing. Cold 🥶 today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 40 (11/30/21) - Practiced putting today; sunk 25 4' putts in a row on my PuttOUT mat. Focused on putting a good roll on the ball and speed. 

Day 159 (30 Nov 21) - Wedge work with the 54 today, worked on engaging the bounce.  Followed that session with pitches (up to 50yds) and chips with the 8i.  Last part of the day’s session, used the shallow ditch bank to practice chips above the feet as well as below.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 30 - November 30, 2021

Worked on the early takeaway downtown after doing some GEARS work.