IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 92 (01/23/22) - Did Low Point control drill with my 58* wedge; chip shots first, followed by backswing to A3. Started with "miss the towel" then added a "ball", which, as I was in my living room, was a crumpled up piece of paper.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 84, January 23, 2022

Hit balls before lessons/juniors this morning. Hoping to get downtown for a GEARS session on Monday, but it may get pushed to Tuesday after another GEARS session. Errands might take precedent tomorrow.

Day 8:

Did some more work outdoors with 7-iron, ball and net, same as the last few days, but also paid attention to start line to make sure I'm not hitting severe pulls/blocks. Was going to use Mevo+, but this afternoon my wife decided she and the kids would eat lunch outside, so she temporarily moved our outdoor dining setup right in the spot where the Mevo+ would have gone (to be fair, it is the sunniest part of the patio in winter), and I didn't feel like moving furniture today.

Day 32: 1/23/2022

I did my putting work first thing this morning. All of it Bead Work. Basically more of the Day 15 Covid practice challenge. 

Then last thing at night I did my mirror work. 

Day 46 (23 Jan 22) - Snow is gone, so got outside for some swings.  Worked on easy pitches with the 58 keeping in mind the recent changes in the setup.  

Day 33: 1/24/2022

Today will be a busy work day and I'm taking my son skiing this afternoon/evening so I got some short game work in early this morning. 

I started with my favorite two putting bead drills. I've been doing a bunch of these lately. Then I also did a putting challenge in which you put to a line 4 feet away and try to get your ball just over the line. Then putt another ball past that ball. Then putt a third ball past the second ball. Then measure from the third ball back to the line. Ideally getting that measurement to be as small as possible. On my best attempt I was able to achieve 20 inches. ... I thought I'd do better. 

Then I did some chipping work with both the 54 degree SW and the 60 degree LW. Basic ladder drill here. Chipped balls using a hand towel as my target. Started hitting 8 foot chips. Then 16 foot chips and the 24 foot chips. Then 24, then 16, then 8.... You get the idea. I did it a couple of times through with both the 60 and the 54. Next time I may incorporate the 50 or the 45... we'll see. 

I actually think I chipped really well last year. I holed out several times from off the green. 2 of the birdies in my 2021 Birdie Challenge were hole outs from off the green. So, although my chipping was effective, if you watched me do it, my technique is unorthodox ... terrible. I have way to much shaft lean in my chipping. So, I'll be working on that this winter. 

I plan to do mirror work on lunch and if I can sneak it in I'll hit some balls too. But if I do it will be a very short quick session. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 50. 1/24/2022

day 10 of 30 day Covid-19 practice plan swing flow. Just keep repeating these drills until the swing flow becomes automatic. And then keep doing them in a daily routine!!

Day 47 (24 Jan 22) - The weather was good, sun was shining so I got outside to hit some pitches with the 52.  Goal was not so much accuracy as it was working maintaining good spine position.  Thanks to the abundance of sunshine and the time of day, I was able to position myself where I could see my shadow in the setup.  Much different when you purposely do something different in the setup, make the swing and then evaluate.  I am pleased with the small changes I am seeing, not looking for instant just consistent.    

Day 51. 1/25/2022

day 10 of 30 day Covid-19 practice plan swing flow. Going forward will make this step #1, 10 minutes , of overall 60 minute daily practice routine. Each step will be 10 minutes interval, for total of 6 steps.