IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 18 of 20:

Watched the quickie pitching video again today, and did a little more than 5 minutes working on the float loady feeling and turning through the pitch instead of swinging my arms at the ball. 

4/24/18:

Day 389:

Irons were a little off yesterday, so I went back to the basics. Did some impact drills focusing on in-line impact. Namely because I can strike it better with my irons than I did yesterday. Just some rust of not hitting many balls this winter.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 114

Did my pump drill today. This drill helps to prevent an early release of wrist cock. Preventing an early release also helps to prevent an outside to in swing, (OTT) which can cause errant ball flights. 

Also did my step through drill. This drill helps with my timing, and getting my weight to my front foot during the down swing. The weight shift to the front foot also helps with hitting the ball first, then the ground.

Both of these drills can be found on YouTube, by various swing gurus. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 155  Began the day as usual.... One hour plus on the putting green starting with the Pelz Putting Tutor to provide feedback on my starting the ball on line... made a slight adjustment to my set-up which helped A LOT.  Then putts from 6, 9 and 12 feet working on percentage made with the process goals of improving read, and speed.  Finally a Game of 21 using a 20 foot downhill putt. 

Then off to the range for 90 minutes before playing 4 holes of golf (and doing a lot of chipping around the greens) ..  preparing for playing a round tomorrow with the guys!

Day 38- Played 18 today. Played poorly but it was so nice out!?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 81 - April 24, 2018 - Worked on some Lowest Score wins concepts today with a number of players. Reviewed some of my own information/statistics, and some video, and made up a few new feels I'm going to try out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 67 - putting in the office, mostly 6ft. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 19 of 21:

Between 5 and 10 minutes of mirror work. More elbow work on the downswing. I am hoping to get out to the range/practice area over the next few days. 

Day 68 - centered turns with kettle bell at gym. Then 5ft putting for bead. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 29 - Mirror work at the gym focusing on my priority piece, turning from the top without as much hip shift forward.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 114

Did my pump drill today. This drill helps to prevent an early release of wrist cock. Preventing an early release also helps to prevent an outside to in swing, (OTT) which can cause errant ball flights. 

Also did my step through drill. This drill helps with my timing, and getting my weight to my front foot during the down swing. The weight shift to the front foot also helps with hitting the ball first, then the ground.

Both of these drills can be found on YouTube, by various swing gurus. 

In My Bag:

Day 20 of 22:

20+ minutes of putting on my lunch break. Did my ladder drill. 10/10 from 3ft, 8/10 from 6ft, 6/10 from 9ft, 4/10 from 12ft, 2/10 from 15ft.

performed the drill pretty well but struggled a bit more than I should have on the 12ft putts. 

4/25/18:

Day 390:

Trying to get this inline impact weight forward drill working where I brush the turf at level, above, and below my feet.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 82 - April 25, 2018 - Made some practice swings with the PSP "Little One" club. Backswings feeling more normal.

DAY 156    Spent 20 minutes on the range warming up, then 10 minutes on the putting green BEFORE playing 18 holes at Lake Jovita CC's North Course.   Wish I had played better in the WIND but, I did not and shot 81.  Tomorrow is another day :-(

Day 115

Warmed up chipping with a 7i. Didn't take much since it was close to 90+ degrees out. Forcast was for 96* today. 

After that I hit some easy,  full swings with the same 7i as part of my rehab . Little better contact than I had Monday. Distance is not an issue at this point, as these are just easy, slow swings. 

In My Bag:

Day 1 :whistle:

Used a chair as a guide to help work on my hip turn. I tried to keep my right hip against the chair during the backswing. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: