IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

day 67: it's Thursday which means indoor putting for me..

cheers Chris

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 196 - Played 18 today at NKGC, shot a scrambling 87 (from senior tees). Overall I am pleased with progress.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 154 (12 May 22) - Full swing drills today with 5i.  Working on torso rotation to make sure arms have room and don’t collapse into a chicken wing.  Followed it with some swings hitting hard foam balls. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 33

Hit some more drivers today. Also took some video of my swing. As my distances with my irons the other day were a little off. And I had a feeling I'd developed a little bit of a sway with a prior swing thought I'd been working on. Sure enough, I was getting more "armsy" and was sliding through the shot. While my contact and shot shape/consistency has been unaffected, I wanted to stop and rectify it immediately.

So did some drills, mostly on the backswing for today. Worked more on rotation with the shoulders and hips, just letting the arms come along for the ride. While I'm in between launch monitors, I pretty quickly noticed a difference in the compression of the strike.

Video this evening was much closer to what I wanted to see. Will continue to work on that to engrain it. Fortunately, being a feel player, once I get the right swing thought down, it doesn't take much to make adjustments. Although I suppose that's a gift and a curse in some regards. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 117

Continued with same full swing work, 7-iron today. Working at home for most of the day tomorrow so hope to get some time on Mevo+ to see what curve looks like. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 67.  Played my former home course today.  Highlights include a great sand save at a tough hole, three pars in a row, and the way I played the three longest par-4s:  a near-GIR (resulting in a bogey) and two GIR (both pars).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 8: 5/13/2022

I've already been hitting balls in the garage working on my priority pieces. If the day goes as planned I'll get to the range today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 573: Range again today working on the same pieces.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 155 (13 May 22) - Day started rainy, was planning to do some mirror work.  Rain stopped (for now), so go outside to make some full swings with the driver and the hard foam balls.  Finished up the day with putting on the indoor mat, focused on tempo and alignment (lately been lipping it just left or right). 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

day 68: played 9 holes matchplay today, and lost 2 up.. i haven't had such a bad day like today in a while.. duffed the first tee-off, shot out of bounds on hole 2 (over the green), hit it in the water on 5, mis-hit the most easy approaches.. it just was bad

I was completely distracted today with other things, so I coudn't focus on the game and I'm pretty sure that's what caused this

cheers Chris

Day 118:

Full swing practice with Mevo+. Hit balls with 8-iron and 3-hybrid.

I was pleasantly surprised to see really good-for-me dispersion with the 8-iron. The worst misses were high and right, and considering I am working on palmar flexion, I think this is just failure of execution. But looking at the data, I think a good portion of these shots would have been GIR, and the bad ones would be nGIR. None of them were so poor to be outside nGIR range.

With the 3H the Mevo+ didn't pick up all the shots, and some of the shots picked up had an unusually low launch angle based on my visual of where the ball hit the net. Dispersion was not as good as 8-iron. A few bad misses off the toe went way right (but with a slight draw flight so at least they came back toward the target a bit). A more typical miss after good contact was right, but also with draw flight - these would probably be playable, but certainly missed fairway.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 197 - Golf league tonight: played the front 9 at North Kingstown Golf Course. Shot 43 from the senior (gold) tees. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 34

Some more work on rotation and stoping the sway. Irons and driver. Irons feel great. Driver just isn't quite there yet. Although the last 5 balls or so I stumbled upon a good swing thought and companion motion. Hit those 5 really well. Going to work more on it tomorrow. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 68.  Didn't have time for much today, but I did have time for ten minutes of hitting a 7-iron (indoors, off a mat, into a net) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 69: had a 2-1/2 hour group lesson (today we did chipping and difficult lies) and then spent another half hour or so chipping again..

cheers Chris

Day 156 (14 May 22) - Worked on top of backswing thru impact today to get more of a draw shape happening. Used the mini football goal as the target, setting it up to where if the ball is struck as desired it travels thru the uprights.  Had a number thru, but also pulls to the left and pushes to the right.  Still it have good visual feedback on what I am wanting to see. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 574: Worked on my PP with 6 iron and driver. Filmed the practice. The path looked good but my left knee was still moving toward the ball too much and hence my hip center thrust. I need to pay more attention to that. It went from March to July weather in two days here. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 198 - Practiced short chips out of rough today. Focused on making good contact in poor lies.