IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 161 (19 May 22) - Continued work with the irons today with the 7i, hard foam balls and the mini-goal post.  More small steps focus on basic shot shaping - working to reduce/eliminate pushes and pulls.  Total of about 50 swings - with a lot of contemplation between each. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 579: Played 18 this morning and tested out the Shot Scope H4. Played pretty well. Driver was good to start but squirrelly to finish. Short game was very good. Wedges and short irons were very good. Long irons were a bit off the mark.

Day 203 - Rained all day so I did some indoor putting practice. Focused on consistent setup and swing length.

day 74: Thursday means putting indoors for me..

• Administrator

Day 200, May 19, 2022

Practiced downtown after six lessons. It was 15 minutes, and it wasn't very good. I just have to continue to exaggerate things. I'm playing tomorrow and will be testing out the H4. We'll see how that goes.

Day 74.  If we are being generous, we will say I played golf today.  However, despite having a putt for par (not always a reasonable likelihood for the best tour putter to sink it putt, but something on the green) on 15 of 18 holes, I almost didn't break 100 and I only hit 4 GIR and only made two pars (and only one of those game from a GIR).

day 75: wanted to play 18 holes with my mom and her partner who came to visit.. the weather only allowed 15 holes though.. start wasn’t great, but after about 6 holes i found my game and had some good drives and decent approaches.. missed a few birdie-puts but still got 5 pars in total, two of which on the highest SI where I get 2 extra shots at my hcp.. i’ve only played this course once before, so I could have eliminated some not-so-good situations with better course management (angle of approach to the green)

Day 162 (20 May 22) - Played the back 9 at Minnesott today.  Walked with fewer clubs in the bag.  Focused on course management as I definitely found myself in between clubs on a number of holes.  Wound up +8 but I was okay with the outcome as I had some tough punch outs, deliberate shots short of the green.  As I had a number of putts just leak left or right of the cup, went to the putting green after.  Spend another 30 mins working on short putts with the head up looking at the cup.  Still could see the club and ball just in the peripheral vision.  Was amazed at how accurate I was with this style of putting.  

Day 75.  After yesterday's round, and facing one tomorrow, I felt putting was the right practice to do.  But I didn't get to a putting green today (and I have evening plans), but I was able to spend 15 minutes with my 6- and 9-irons in my indoor practice room;  slow swings, the real focus.  Then I calculated strokes gained from yesterday and, for the first time in ages, I didn't beat the 15-handicap mark on approach shots, so clearly I need to work on that.  Fifteen GIRPs and still worse than a 15 handicap on approach, that's a very bad ballstriking day, especially for me. 

Day 204 - 9-hole league tonight. Shot a sloppy 10-over 44 from the senior tees....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Day 125:

Continued working on priority piece, 8-iron and hybrid today. Executing okay with slow, 1/2 swings, falls apart any longer/faster than that.

Day 205 - Did Day 1 early swing work and putting practice (ladder drill on my PuttOUT mat) today.