IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 174 (02 Jun 22) - broke out the foot spray, 7i, hard foam balls for some swings focusing on where I am making contact and resulting ball flight.  Followed the session with one arm swings focusing on the lead hand/arm which I seem to have the least consistency with.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13

Played 9 holes. I really focused on making two good practice swings where my arms and hands were slowing down at A3. I also hinged the club a bit more so I was less straight armed. On the actual shot, I just focused on that slow down feel and keeping my eye on the ball. Overall, better ball striking with the irons. The driver was a bit erratic. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 214, June 2, 2022

Made a bunch of swings in the back yard waiting for a student to go to a practice round for the US Junior Am.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 88.  Played 18 holes near me today, as a tune-up towards Sunday's match play round.  I shot an 82,   Highlights of the round are that I drove, approached, and putted better than the 15 handicap mark.  Did you see that I putted well?  I putted well!  I also made a great birdie on the par-5 11th with a great drive, a great 4-wood, and then got up and down from near the green.   While I made some sixes, I had no double bogeys until the last two holes, where I went double-double to shoot 82 😞  

I hit some really bad wedges from the fairway today too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 138:

Hands felt good enough for full swings today. Did some FO recordings with LVP camera and compared to the "good" examples from my lesson video, and I'm doing okay on the ones I get right, but not enough of these...it's hard to discern much with the LVP low quality playbacks (think I am done with the device finally, it's a good concept but in reality falls short of what it intends to do). After the more intense practice I experimented with different feels and watched video playback to see which feels worked the best. Think I have one that will be serviceable going into my weekend round.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 590: Worked on post impact extension feel inside. It was raining out so no outdoor work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 175 (03 Jun 22) - played 9 with son and grandson, was to be 18, but heavy t-storms in the area forced us to call it at the turn.  Got a rain check for the other 9.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 215, June 3, 2022

Played nine holes, didn't like the swing I recorded on the seventh hole, and then spent a little over an hour at the range working on the backswing stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 218 - 9-hole league tonight; played much better than last week, shooting a 9-over 43. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 89.  Yesterday's round had several really bad wedge shots, so I gave each five minutes worth of practice.  The focus was just hitting them calmly.  These were all indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Full shots used foam balls, half shots used real ones (I am afraid of hitting the real ones over my net with a full swing, and I worry I'd make a bad swing to aim for thin... and for some of these yesterday, thin was the problem.  Well, super thin, blading over the green sort of thin in one case, thin over the green twice others, a few other forms of poor shots).  They were full swings (58, 54, PW) and half swings (54, PW).  

Side note, I found that great practice area near my parents where I can work on quarter shots with my wedges that also had a great putting green.  I need to find a place that has an area I can practice half shots into a green.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 591: Played 18 with my wife and friends at their club, Lake Winnipesaukee GC. Had fun. It’s at 1000 ft, so some shots went further than I expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 176 (04 Jun 22) - worked on chips in the backyard today to help on the up and down aspect of around the greens. Used the 9i as I can get some decent roll out. Used the flags in the backyard working on shots in the 20-25 yd range.  Key focus - weight fwd on lead foot to keep from hitting fat, and to allow solid swing thru and less opportunity for flipping the wrists.

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 14

took a few minutes here and there through out the day to do some slow swings working on my shortening backswing feel. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 90.  I wanted to go to an outdoor range and actually see my ball flight (as if I didn't see it on 33 full shots on Thursday), but good luck getting onto a range around here on a Saturday afternoon when it's nice out.  Anyway, I managed to hit plenty of "range balls" at home (they're mostly Bridgestone e6s), focusing on having a clean swing in anticipation of tomorrow's tournament match.  I also got out onto a putting green and did a 4' drill (16, not great, not bad) and 6' (29, very not good).  

Edited by Shindig
I only hit 33 full shots on Thursday, not including pre-round range

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 139:

Took the day off yesterday. Today did some rehearsals with LVP camera digital mirror while looking some still captures of my lesson video printed out and came up with some feels to try out hitting balls. Hit 25 balls, 15 7-iron and 10 4-iron and think I have a decent feel for tomorrow’s round. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

day 89: played matchplay and won 4 up with 2 to go (on 9 holes).. we did finish playing the rest of the holes (out of competition) and I played well, had 5 pars total.. and that despite coming home past midnight and teeing up at 9:00am after being at a friends birthday party last evening.. I also played 18 holes on a different course yesterday and am looking forward to playing 18 on yet another one tomorrow

cheers Chris

Day 592: Worked on my pieces after reviewing an Evolvr lesson. Made some progress.

Scott

My Swing Thread