IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 219 - Skipped yesterday for a family commitment. Today did some chipping work in the yard.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 217, June 5, 2022

Did some work in the living room while watching the USWO. Busy day. I also hit… seven golf balls on the mat before lessons arrived this morning and we went to the back of the range. I'm going back to the backswing work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 177 (05 Jun. 22) - pitches in the backyard this afternoon with the 58.  Focus was on getting the bounce happen.  Good relaxed session of easy swings.

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 15

Worked on the backswing feeling the hands and arms slow down at A3. Feeling a bit more hinge in the wrist and right elbow. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 91.  Played match play today, won 4&2 (16 holes).  I parred the last two holes, too (played out of competition), and had to post them as pars anyway (net par, no strokes on those holes).   Sadly, only two GIRs in the first 16, but GIR both the last two.  Almost made birdie on 17 (hit my third shot to the par-5 17th to 7 feet).  I'd have stats but GG doesn't recognize two of the greens on the course anymore for some reason...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 220 - Range work today:

1) 9 to 3 drill with my 49* UW, focused on maintaining palmer extension through the hitting area.

2) Tried out a new 7H

3) Practiced short (10 - 20 yard carry) wedge shots with my 58* Ping Eye-2 XG SW. For this practice I used my own shag bag of Snell MTB Black retired gamers.

4) Practice bunker work with my 58*. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 593: Played 18 today At Campbell’s Scottish Highlands. Played pretty well. Driver was squirrelly for a couple of holes, but otherwise not bad.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 90: played 18 holes (twilightfee at a course i played twice so far) in the rain and wind.. 

cheers Chris

Day 178 (06 Jun 22) - Back on my primary focus piece these days - making sure I have my weight forward on the downswing and staying centered.  Used the driver, hard foam balls and an old Lynx 6i for the return shots.  Got it right about 80% of the time, the remaining 20 was the usual - push-slice.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 218, June 6, 2022

Did some work on the backswing before lessons today. Lesson was early or I'd have had half an hour, but I just had about 15-20 minutes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16

10 minutes of backswing work this evening. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 92.  Went putting.  Did a 4' drill, taking 17 strokes -- but only 15 to make my first two passes (9 made first pass, 2 second).  Green was bumpy, for such a nice course, when was it rolled last?  Anyway.  I also worked on some 30' putts for speed. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 140:

Sunday (missed posting): Played 18 in unexpected rain storm. App told me 28% chance of rain for 1 hour, but it ended up raining for most of the round. Played okay all things considered.

Today worked on priority piece for about 45 minutes with perceived swing speed of trying to hit an 8-iron about 50 yards. Think I did pretty good at the slow part today. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 221 - Practiced short pitch shots, Orange Whip wedge then 58*, about 20 minutes. 

Day 93.  I went to the range -- as in, outdoors, mats, range balls -- this morning to see if I was changing the picture with my backswing length.  It sure felt like I was, but I don't have a setup at home that lets me record or see my swing in progress (I definitely need to fix that).  Anyway, I worked on it continued for an hour (about 40 balls). 

Today was a big lesson in "feel isn't real," even though I've known that for quite some time.  But without camera/mirror, and a combination of feel and stop-and-check (by eyesight), I thought I was keeping my 6-iron backswing short of parallel.  Nope, I was getting to parallel. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 594: Played 18 again today. Started off great with the driver but got too fast in the middle of the round, which shortens my backswing and I rush the downswing. played pretty well otherwise.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 219, June 7, 2022

Good hour today, including:

Fun!

Day 179 (07 Jun 22) - mirror work focused on top of swing transition to ensure a solid weight forward position into downswing.  Also general torso stretching to increase rotation. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star