IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 600: Range today working on the same pieces.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 - Starting over as the streak ended at 181 days (personal best) and it was a planned break as the missus and I were to take a cruise and I would have been off grid.  Dang pre-Covid test kept us from going, so we quarantined at the beach place for a few days.  Now we start over....

Pitches in the backyard with the Eye2 wedges (thinking about gaming them again).  Worked on the difference in feel in bounce between the  Eye2 57.5 and Eye2+ 53.5 (also have a 50.5 Eye2 that balances out the trio).  Really like these wedges so I will take them out for the next few rounds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 226, June 14, 2022

My 2pm lesson rescheduled, so I got in a good 40 minutes or so of practice. Very similar to the last few days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 100.  After work, I had fifteen minutes and split it roughly evenly between the step drill and just hitting balls with my 6-iron, the latter with a focus on some setup changes I need to focus on (that I think about in the drill, too).   Arms hanging down, less knee flex, bent over more.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 148:

Same as yesterday, 7-iron. Also did some mirror work using patio door, and my feel seems to get me in good position, at least at rehearsal speed. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 229 - Busy day; spent about 10-minutes with my 8i practicing setup, grip and making slow motion swings making sure that at finish, my chest was facing the target and all weight was on my left foot. Made sure to keep both feet turned out by about 30*.  A thread from @mvmac which I read earlier today served as a good reminder to make sure that I setup this way. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 601: Played 18 today with a friend. Went with a couple of different feels which seemed to work okay.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 2 (15 Jun 22) - played 18 w/son and grandson at Harbour Pointe.  Played decent w/only one penalty stroke incurred.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 227, June 15, 2022

Gave a playing lesson and hit a bunch of shots on several holes. Did really well just feeling what I had been doing. My first two chip shots from my student's areas went to a combined 2 feet… and they weren't short or easy chip shots.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 101.  Out in the desert, so my usual indoor practice room isn't available to me.  Today I did putting on the carpet via ruler, focusing on setup and bead.  For better or worse, I set it up in front of where we'll be watching the Open the next four days, so expect some "putting on carpet via ruler" posts, although we'll likely hit a range at least one morning. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 149:

Continuing with the same thing. It’s getting a little boring going so slow, but I feel like I’m making progress.

-Peter

Day 3 - Worked on pitches with the sand wedge(s) in the backyard today before the t-storms hit.  Focused on rotating through with a slightly open stance.  Did mix it up by switching between three models (Vokey 254-10, Eye2+ 53.5 and CBX2 54) and seeing how each worked in as similar shot setups as possible.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 230 - Played 18 today and shot 87 which included a blow-up hole which resulted in a triple. All-in-all I felt pretty good about the round.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 602: Went to the US Open. I’ve got a lot of work to do. 😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 102.  Regularly, throughout watching the Open on TV, I have been doing the ruler-putting drill on the carpet.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 228, June 16, 2022

Hit balls before my lessons. Starting to feel pretty good about things, but obviously continuing it on the course for 18 holes will still take some doing.

Day 150:

Limited time today, so did rehearsals/swing mapping stuff durning the NBA Finals. 

-Peter

Day 603: Worked on changing my rehearsals to better match what I want to do at impact. For driver, it’s closing the face. I combined this with some butt board work and filmed it.

Scott

My Swing Thread