IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 242, June 30, 2022

Hit balls for ten minutes at the end of a long day to make sure that my start lines are still fine, etc. Thumb is fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 244 - Granddaughter baby-sitting duty today so all I got in was about 5 minutes worth of practice on wedge swings. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 10: 6/30/2022

Went to the range and just hit driver today. Worked on my priority pieces at first. But then switched to working pretty much entirely on swing path. I'm currently hitting a very straight shot with the driver. (Please note I said straight as in there's not much fade or draw... It can still be a pull or push, But the ball flight is mostly very straight right now.) If I get the start line right, good things happen.

Today 40 balls - All with driver. Hitting each with full pre-shot routine. Hitting each into an imaginary fairway. 

• 8 balls - First priority piece
  • 8 balls - Second priority piece (Would that be secondary piece?)
  • 16 balls - Focusing on start line. (Swing Path) 
  • 3 balls - No thinking about how; Only thinking about where. 
  • Last 5 balls - Hit them as far as I possibly can. 
  • Go home and stretch out.

Today was kind of a rare day for me. Normally I don't hit driver over and over. I normally try to hit a different club with each swing, unless I'm working on a very specific piece. But in this case I was just working on driver. It was fun. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 164:

Worked on priority piece with 7-iron. Two sets of 20 balls. First 20 were really slow, then the next 20 were half slow, and then half full speed. Afterward did a little static driver setup practice and downswing rehearsals.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 614: Worked on my priority pieces this morning.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 11: 7/1/2022

Spent some quality time at the range today. Grass range too. (Yay). 

Worked through some priority pieces. First I worked on them with a 6 iron. Then I tried to apply my priority pieces to my two longest clubs not called a driver. Basically hit every other shot with my 3 wood then my longer hybrid. 

Continued to work on my priority pieces for the entire 60 balls I hit today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 17 (01 Jul 22) - Missed hitting submit on yesterday’s work, so it don’t count.  Was focused on making centered contact with driver using powder foot spray to track.  Today, started with some lag putting with the new (to me) Versa putter. Finished the day playing a new course with son and grandson.  Driver drills from yesterday helped, putting not as much.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 245 - 9-hole league tonight; shot 44 with my first penalty (first drive on 5th hole in hazard) of the year. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 117.  This morning, I hit two dozen balls with my usual drill (prior to working out).  This afternoon, I hit two dozen slow full swings (complete with rehearsals).  All of this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 165:

Pre shot routine practice, 15 balls with full routine, alternated between driver, 4i, and 6i.

-Peter

Day 246 - Practiced finesse wedge shots for about with 54* and 58* wedges from various lies in my yard today (about 20 minutes).  My lawn was cut yesterday at 3" and so is a good simulation of green-side rough at my home course (mostly worse). 

• Administrator

Day 244, July 2, 2022

Played 36 holes with @Hardspoon. Kept score on the second round. Talamore in the morning (we may have literally been the only people to play there today, then Mid-South after that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 614: Sore left wrist today which is odd. I didn’t hit any balls but did work on the feels slowly.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 18 (02 Jul 22) - Worked on long club setup, hitting a few foam balls in the process.  Focused on getting spine tilt and loading the front foot.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 166:

Worked on driver setup and swing feel for 15 almost golf balls, with a full pre shot routine between balls. Then switched to 4-iron/7-iron with real golf balls. Finally did some short game drills.

-Peter

Day 118.  I hit six dozen practice balls today, at an appropriate pace including rehearsals for each.  Any where I rushed, I picked back up, put back in the hopper, and did not count towards today's practice.  Two dozen were for the step-club-step-club drill, while four dozen were slow, purposeful full swings.  All of this was my 6-iron, indoors, off a mat, into the net.  This was not all at once and I did some stretching/warm-ups beforehand, based on how my warm-ups from Fit for Golf have been.

My last dozen was evening, and shortly afterward, I went out back (OUTSIDE!) and did Speed Sticks for apparently the first time since April of 2021.  Horrible for me to go that long without doing this, no excuse!  But better today than waiting a few days.  I did phase one, but I did not do the other side because for some reason I have it in my head not to do those...  just three sticks x 3 each normal, then each with the step, then the green one one last time with extra emphasis. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 247 - Did about 15 minutes of 9 to 3 drills (preset hips to get the weight forward feel) in my yard today using a 7i and AlmostGOLF balls. Will probably do the same thing with Driver tomorrow, then take it to the range on Tuesday. 

Day 167:

Played 18 this morning. Really focused on executing pre shot routine every single time. Forgot a couple times, and a few times caught myself addressing the ball before going through the routine a couple times, but otherwise stayed with it. Played pretty well, miss was a push but stayed in play except for one wayward drive.

-Peter