IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 632: Worked a little bit on the feel for my priority piece. Too hot to hit balls.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 263, July 22, 2022

Hit 40 balls on GEARS just messing around with some different wrist feels.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10:

Worked on backswing depth piece, then did a little driver work with almost golf balls. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 267 - Practiced short pitching motion shots today with my 54* wedge. Focused on letting gravity do much of the work and sliding the bounce under the ball (a la Pete Cowan). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 633: Practiced for about 20 minutes this morning working on my downswing piece with a 6 iron before the heat and sun got to me. Filmed DTL and it didn’t look too bad. Need to do the same with the driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 264, July 23, 2022

Played nine holes, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8, 7/23/2022

So, today, I spent quite a bit of time trying to compare my GEARS stuff to my swing vids. Then tried to work on any of the variations in the mirror.

BTW - if you get a chance to get on GEARS, you should take it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 39 (23 Jul 22) - Played 18 holes today.  Used the round to focus on staying in the moment, it worked as even with a couple of dbl bogies, did not get rattled but pressed on. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 11:

More work on backswing depth, while hitting balls 50% speed, continuing to be aware of weight forward without lunging. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 139.  I had only about ten minutes today, but I made them ten good minutes with about a dozen balls (my indoor place) and slow, meaningful swings. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 268 - Too hot to do much today, so I spent about 10 minutes hitting short shots with my 58* wedge in the yard today. Tried to recreate lies that I didn't handle too well the other night and figure out how to better hit the shot.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 40 (24 Jul 22) -  hit some wedge shots in the backyard with the 52deg.  Focus was on foot alignment-open, closed, neutral stance. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: 7/24/2022

I played 36 holes today. I shot 51 on the first 18 and 56 on the second.... Did I mention the family went mini-golfing? 

My family and couple of my son's buddies all played Mini-golf. We played 2 different 18 hole courses and had a lot of fun.

When I got home I worked on putting with my actual putter. I basically did Day 15 of the COVID-19, 30 day Challenge. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 140.  Today's practice included hitting 30 balls (indoors, off a mat, into a net, you know the deal) with the first dozen the drill and the rest full swing (the usual rehearsal, etc).   I then went outside and did speed sticks.  I am seeing higher numbers, probably because of improved fitness. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 634: Did 5-10 minutes of really slow swings with the driver getting the feel dow for the downswing.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 265, July 24, 2022

Spent four hours at Lake View's range. Not hitting for four hours, but much of it, honestly… was hitting.

Day 269 - Did Tyler Ferrell's "Brush the ground" drill with my 7i  (no ball) - both 9 to 3 and full swings. Focused on the sound the club makes when it interacts with the ground (no thud) and keeping it on the ground for as long as possible. 

Day 41 (25 Jul 22) - Bump and run work in the backyard today with 8i in the backyard. Worked on catching the ball clean with low flight and good roll out.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star