IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 643: Too hot and humid to do full practice. Did slow motion swings for 5-10 minutes focusing on hard feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 52 (05 Aug 22) - Worked on 8i and 5i into the net off the mat this evening.  Used foot powder spray to track impact on the club face.  Part of routine was to work on the takeaway and club face at parallel.  Got in some “better” contact (especially the 5i).  The goal is to work on my biggest SV issue - lack of consistency in the Approach game (for example from 170 in, I gave away 15 strokes in yesterday’s round).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 11: I did one hand drills, then 2 hand drills, hitting balls from 10-50 yards, little to no pivot. Still battling the shut face, but I think there is slow progress in results (I am keeping the data in the launch monitor software and will export all of it this weekend hopefully and look for trends). This was about 30 minutes, hitting altogether maybe 20 balls. 

After this I put on simulation software and played a "round." I chose Turnberry. It was set up with extremely fast greens and I had some real adventures with putting and short game. Ouch. But I hit 8 greens so that part was good. No disaster drives, and pulling iron shots a bit but again pretty straight. 

I know it's only a simulator and is easier than real golf, but I was using some LSW-inspired shot planning, and it worked quite well. I attribute the 8 greens to better clubbing and aim; I aimed at the center of every green and chose middle-back yardage, sometimes adjusting a bit if there were bad hazards. Same thing with tee shots. The worst tee shot of the day was a FW bunker I reached because the ball went further than I thought I could hit it. 

I am considering buying a HackMotion device to assist in my wrist work and putting. 

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Administrator

Day 277, August 5, 2022

Played Myopia Hunt Club with Natalie. Holed out for eagle on #8.

• Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 280 - 9-hole league tonight. Shot a 7 over 41. After a sloppy first four holes, I shot par, bogie, par, par, par. All in all, I'm pretty pleased. 

Day 281 -  My short game was the weakest part of last night's round (total of 2.5 shots lost compared to a 20 hcp, versus shots gained of 4.62 and 2.58 for approach shots and putting, respectively) so the work to improve my short game continues. I'm still not happy with my 58* wedge. Knowing that I need to choose one and stick to it, today I hit about 40 short finesse wedge shots in the yard using four different wedges, settling on two. For the next couple of rounds I plan to play with the choice on which I have no Shot Scope data, develop some and compare (will probably practice with both in the meantime).

NB: Sorry for the double posting. I actually wrote Day 280 last night and apparently never posted. It was waiting as a draft and posted today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 644: Practiced this morning for about 20 minutes with driver. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 53 (06 Aug 22) - Decided to play 18 today after band rehearsal.  Went to the muni course near where we rehearse.  Enjoyed the course, despite fixing an average of 5 pitch marks per green.  Used the round to work on the approach game and the up and down around the greens. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 21: 8/7/2020

Putting drills today. Basically I did Day 15 of the Covid-19 30 day challenge. Which is still my favorite way to practice putting when I can't get out to a descent practice green. 

I did some driver work in the mirror, but that was mostly on and off all day. When ever I'd pass by I'd just pick up the driver and do a few swings. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 278, August 6, 2022

Played Irondequoit Country Club in Rochester, NY on my way back home with @NatalieB. Didn't hole out for eagle today, though. 😛 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 153.  I went to a nearby course this evening to practice putting.  I set up a 4' "around the clock" drill and my 44th putt was for 12 in a row (and I made it).  Much better than last time I tried this drill, where I was worried I'd be served divorce papers before getting twelve in a row.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 12: Practiced some...3/4 to full swings, low speed, just trying to hit checkpoints at A2, top, P6, impact. Then I played 9 holes at Fiddler's Elbow, walking, carrying the bag. Wish it had been better...I had 3 penalty strokes 2 because of overclubbing carelessly. Also 19 putts 😠. But I did hit 4 greens and drove it better; cautiously optimistic that my work on wrist and hand angles is helping some. 

JP Bouffard

Day 54 (07 Aug 22) worked on the wedge game in the backyard today.  Worked with the 52 and 54 wedges on varying the shot flight from low punches (more closed face) to high flop style (more open faced).  Good day of solid swings of the clubs. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 282 - Too hot and humid to do much outside today, so I worked on my PuttOUT mat, mainly stroking putts of 3' to 6' focused on both bead and speed of those putts. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 279, August 7, 2022

Worked after some lessons on the "left wrist curl, throw the head behind me" feels that are working pretty well.

Day 13: Today’s work was basically the same idea as most of the last 13 days in concept. Work on club face control via training awareness of wrist positions. Today it was real golf balls, hitting wedge, mid iron, hybrid, and driver, all 1/3-1/2 swings. Just trying to feel the position of the wrist more or less at the delivery position and into impact. I pause after each shot and of the shot is good, try to remember the feeling and recreate it with rehearsals and then another swing. If it’s a bad shot I try to figure out how the wrists and hands (or something else) went wrong. I’m still using the launch monitor and data from the shots for analysis. 

JP Bouffard

Day 154.  Putting practice.  Tonight's drill was to set up the clock (twelve coins) around a cup at 6' and putt until I made each putt twice (not in a row).  I took 52 total putts to do so.   That's a score of about 46%, a score for this drill with which I am very happy. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 1:

Played 18 this morning after getting back from vacation last night. Played a few casual 9-hole rounds on vacation, but otherwise didn’t practice or really think about golf that much. All I wanted to accomplish this morning was see how my backswing depth work has been holding up, and work on pre shot routine. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 646: Range early this morning at Laurel Lane. Work on my pieces again with several clubs. Did some one arm swings first to get the feel of what I want the right arm and hand to do. Then did slow swings with this feel. Ramped it up after that.

Moved on to the short game area and worked on chips from off the green but on a closely mown area. Then did the Make-able Putts Challenge that Erik posted.

Scott

My Swing Thread