IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 283 - 

Chipping motion practice: 10 shots (real balls) with the Orange whip wedge, followed by 10-shots with my 58* trying for the same feeling.

Contact and impact position: 15 "9 to 3" swings using AlmostGOLF balls. Focused on making good contact and getting into the correct impact position. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 280, August 8, 2022

Hit balls for a little bit after lessons today. Was peaceful. Starting to build some confidence.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 55 (08 Aug 22) - played 18 with son and grandson today.  Focused on keeping mentally in the game by quoting Dr Bob Rotella’s book title “Make Your Next Shot Your Best Shot”.  Really kept me in the game and pressing on, even after making several doubles and a triple.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 14: Today I practiced three times, each about 10-15 minutes, in the morning, before dinner, and before bed. Each time it was the same thing, swings from A2 to P6 or whatever the club horizontal after impact is. It's extremely frustrating to do this and continue to have a shut club face. I tried presetting at the delivery position, where I _know_ the face is correct, and I still find some way to shut it coming to impact. My belief is that it's excessive arm or forearm rotation that I do without knowing it, but I'm not sure. I need to record some of these swings and look. When I swing in a mirror, I know I do it "correctly," but those aren't real swings where I'm hitting a ball. There is a parasite in there somewhere, and I have to find it. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

I really got caught up writing today -- that's most of what I did from lunchtime until about 9.  That's good news for me professionally, since I got a lot of writing done, but not great for me in terms of my club championship that begins on Friday :-)  But hey, I had a few minutes to practice, I made use of them.

Day 155.  A half dozen each of quarter PW, quarter 8I, full swing 6-Iron.  Real balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2:

Did some work on priority piece with 7-iron, and then some work on driver, just static setup stuff and some slower rehearsal swings, no balls.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 281, August 9, 2022

Hit 20 balls after lessons. Backswing feeling better. Just have to keep that while working on the transition. Almost can't throw it behind me enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 284 - More practice at home today:

Chipping - Distance control with my short wedge shots has been an issue so ladder drill with eight balls; started hitting balls successively short (about 3 paces) to long (about 19 paces), then repeated starting with long to short. 

Contact/low point control - 9 to 3 drill with a 7i checking to be sure that low point happens in front of ball (9 to low point) then trying to match the low point hitting AlmostGOLF balls. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 23: 8/9/2022

Today was another range day. I got some descent video in with driver. 

I noticed this hitch in my hip movement that I thought I'd gotten rid of (or at least minimized.)

The good news is I have plenty of drills to help get rid of it as I've had it before. I can now just go back a bit in my history and pull those old drills out again. 

Over all, I'm hitting the driver better each time out since our outing in Eastern Ohio. If I said it once, I've said it a hundred times, Golf is MUCH more fun when you are hitting the driver well. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 56 (09 Aug 22) - Worked on a couple of drills today.  First was bump  and run drill with the 8i in the backyard, focus on foot alignment and not trying to help the ball by flipping the wrists (this was especially tough when the grandson’s portable b-ball goal was directly in line about half way between the pin and the ball).  Second was full swing time at the net with the 8i, foot spray and the mat. Ball striking on the face of the club was consistent today - just right of center just above the club centerline.  Focus was on making sure the hands were leading thru impact.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 647: Spent a few minutes on my downswing feel in transition. No hitting today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 15: I spent some time with a HackMotion wrist sensor. Wow was that ever eye-opening. I expected I would have left wrist extension at impact. What surprised me was what happened when I "fixed" this. My club face did not become more closed. I've always fought hooks. Ugly smother hooks. I figured anything I did to further close the club face - like bowing (palmar flexing) my forward wrist - would just make it worse. It didn't. I still was hitting some hooks, but I had more push draws now...path readings of 2-6 degrees in out, with face angle 1-4 degrees open. 

But what was really eye opening was how much easier it was to get center face contact, and how different impact felt.It was probably the most I've ever compressed a golf ball in my life. It was exhilarating, like you want to sit there and just pound the ball into submission. 

For now, this changed my swing motion. My body movement felt more athletic, my posture through impact felt different, the "follow through" position felt very different. I hope I can use this to continue improving club face control. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 156.  Played 18 at a course, from the blues, where I really should play that course from the whites.  No sense playing almost 6600 yards at this point.  But I did make a birdie.  My SG:A beat the 5 hcp marker, my SG:D more or less met the 10 hcp marker, and I also hit some short game and putting shots during the round. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 3:

Did some putting on a new rug in the office/laundry room. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 285 - Putting today. I finally read Stan Utley's putting book and am working to incorporate the information, so worked on grip, setup and stroked putts with a gate 3' in front of the ball. Hoping to take this to the practice green tomorrow, although weather is questionable in the morning. 

Day 648: Did more drills for my priority pieces then moved onto short game. Also repeated the Makeable Putts challenge.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 57 (10 Aug 22) - Worked on the driver some today into the net.  Started the swing from P4, stopping at P5 and swinging thru.  Came to P4 from setup by coming straight up and into P4.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star