IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

I've been working on my game a ton lately. But not recording as I knew I would have a few days off during Thanksgiving. 

So today is:

Day 1: 11/29/2022

Went to the range. Hit balls working first on my priority pieces. Mostly with the six iron, but I repeated the work switching clubs occasionally. 

After that I hit a dozen balls to different targets from 40 to 90 yards. (Shot scope tells me my 50 to 100 yard wedge game is a glaring weakness.) 

I finished off the range session by "playing" the first 9 holes of the course the tournament I play every year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 15 (30 Nov 22) - Rainy outside, so I did mirror work focused on setup, making slow-mo 1/2 swings.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2: 11/30/2022

Spent about a half hour (twice) in the garage hitting balls into my net. 

All of it was bulk practice with a 7-iron. I was working totally and completely on swing path. One of my real bad habits that continually creeps into my swing is a bad hand path compared to club path. Yoda has given me a couple of drills which work well to fix this, but sometimes the habit comes back. 

So, lots of rehearsals and lots of foam path reminder trainers. Trying to keep that hand path where I want it. 

Day 4, November 30, 2022

15 minutes of slow motion working on flow feeling. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 1: Slow motion split grip swing practice focusing on keeping the right arm in front me. 

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

• Administrator

Day 30, November 30, 2022

Did some GEM work and some slow motion work downtown. Tweaked a thing in my back this morning running around the house a bit. It'll be fine tomorrow, but took it easy a bit today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 24 - just like yesterday I couldn't go to the range, so I spent about 10 minutes practicing on the indoor putting mat ..

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 31, December 1, 2022

More GEM work at home. Had a lot to do today with my winter weekend junior stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5, December 1, 2022

reviewed my latest evolvr lesson and spent time practicing some new feels related to bunkers.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

day 2: More slow swings focusing on keeping right arm in front of the body. Also did some mirror work. Angles look better, but will need to get some video to confirm. 

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Day 16 (01 Dec 22) - Continued work on setup, focused on swing path through ball.  Hit about 30 hard foam balls w/7i. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 3: 12/01/2022

Got two practice sessions in today. One in the garage working on my priority pieces. It was all block work with a 7 iron. 

Then, I got to the range and warmed up with focus on my priority pieces, but then did some random practice. I used my 60 degree and my 54 degree wedges and tried to hit very specific targets on the range for about 15 or so shots. Then I "played" all 18 holes of the course I'll be playing a tournament at in April. I tried to be very hard on myself. Kept the imaginary fairways narrow and the imaginary greens small. 

Day 17 (02 Dec 22) - Played solo round today at Minnesott.  Playing behind the Friday men’s scramble allowed me to work on a few extra swings as it was a hit and wait kind of day.  Also a great day on course management had 9 up and downs for par.  Putting was solid with 29 putts ( a personal best for 18 holes). 

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 4: 12/2/2022

In my quest to find a place to work on putting this winter I tried out a new (to me) indoor practice facility today. 
I got to work on several things there including putting, pitching, chipping and full swing. 

For full swing, I spent some time working on some of my priority pieces and then hit some balls until I forgot everything. Then I filmed my swing as kind of a "Here's where I am" kind of thing. I sent the video to Yoda and he noticed pretty much the same things I've noticed so I took that as a good sign. 

My swing is way better than it was two years ago. Fortunately for me, there's still stuff to work on. I'm already anxious to get back at it. 

• Administrator

Day 32, December 2, 2022

Work day, so putted. And checked out my new Titleist backpack. 😄

317949525_833994927886967_82583589358833

Erik J. Barzeski shared a post on Instagram: "Always a good day when a new Titleist bookbag arrives. My 11-year old one still looks great! #golf #titleist". Follow their account to see 693 posts.

Day 3: Today was lead arm supported swings, still focusing on keeping arms in front of me. Been reviewing old comments from MySwing, and trying to incorporate those as much as possible. 

Day 18 (03 Dec 22) -  Worked on face position at impact (open, closed, centered) using the old GoldenBear MacGregor 6i and the hard foam balls.  Purposed shots with overly closed and overly open faces to see how much they would hook / slice.  Then worked on getting back to a centered strike. By the end of the drill shots were landing in the target zone of around 10’ dia from about 50yds.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 33, December 3, 2022

Hit 20 balls nice and slow after JEP today. Focused on maintaining more of a similar extension of the left wrist during the takeaway.