IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5: 12/03/2022

Today was a good day. I worked on my priority pieces and felt good about a lot of them. 
Then I went back to a previous priority piece because I got this goofy hip thing I do and it's back.
So, I spent quite a while today looking at my swing in the mirror mostly in slow-motion and some quicker ones. Trying to feel the feel when it looks right. And then running out to the garage to hit a few balls into the net trying to emulate the feel and the swing I see in the mirror. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 19 (04 Dec 22) - Putter work inside today.  Practiced lag work, rolling the ball from about 20’ to get it to stop w/in 2’ of the hole (had 16 of 17 balls stop within the target zone for about 94% success rate).  Then set up three groups of five (3’, 6’ and 9’), used the two remaining balls to putt from 18’ for the long putt challenge part.  How did it turn out: 18’ 1 for 2; 9’ 3 for 5; 6’ and 3’ were both 5 for 5.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 34, December 4, 2022

10 minutes before JEP, and five or six minutes after.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6: 12/04/2022

I did my speed training today. Wanted to do more, but had a lot of obligations. 

Day 7: 12/05/22

Woke up early. Got a workout in then I headed to the garage to work on my full swing. 
Did Block work, but I did switch between 6 iron and 9 iron to add a little variability to it.

I'm continuing to work on my priority pieces. I also started and finished by working on shortening my backswing and trying to get rid of a reoccurring problem with my late hip kick away from the target. That and hand path are the two things that continually come back and haunt me. Kind of like an old-school Columbia Record Club membership. Every time I think I've gotten rid of them... they come back again. 

Day 1:

Trying to get into this challenge again, again. Starting today since I had a lesson.

I feel like I have gotten to a point in my golf ability where I am creating a video game character with a limited number of stat points to distribute. Every time I add points to one area, they get taken from another area. I need to improve my commitment to practice and practice methods to really get out of this mode.

This time I have to work on my backswing again, again - more turn earlier, more width, more depth. Have a simple thought for the downswing since it's not what needs to be fixed first - hit a push and finish low.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 35, December 5, 2022

Worked on things for 20 minutes before a data collection thing on GEARS with one of my better students.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 20 (15 Dec 22) - Still feeling cruddy, so I hit some LW pitches in the back yard from random distances (5yds up to 25yds).   Worked on keeping the hands steady and not flippy.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 21 (6 Dec 22) - Hit wedge shots in backyard at random distances.  Focused on engaging the bounce and minimizing hitting heavy with consistent weight transfer.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 8: 12/06/2022

Not the greatest range session ever today. 

I ran off to the range today on lunch as the weather was beautiful. Worked on my priority pieces and a couple of other minor things with some block practice. Nearly all of it with the six iron. 5 balls with one particular thing, then 5 balls with the other particular thing, then rinse and repeat. I felt awful, slow and stiff. Then I remembered "Oh yeah, I moved six yards of dirt last night with a shovel and a wheelbarrow." 

Lately when I go to the range I try to hit the last dozen or so balls at very specific targets from 40 to 90 yards with my wedges. So I did that with varying degrees of success. I'm scheduled for a lesson on Friday so I'm looking forward to that. 

The number one goal for this off-season is to improve my wedge play. 

• Administrator

Day 36, December 6, 2022

Good 25 minutes today before some lessons.

Just the two-stage backswing stuff I've been doing. Through December, probably. No rush.

Day 22 (7 Dec 22) - Stayed with the pre-shot setup using 6i.  Made some swings using the hard foam balls.  Kept the swing to about 3/4 and saw more consistent contact of ball first/ground second.  Really like the hard foam balls for this as get a solid “click” when contact is pure. When not, it’s more of a thud.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: 12/7/2022

Woke up early and got to work on my swing. 
Worked on my priority pieces then "played" my tournament course. 
I decided to continue my commitment to filming my swing more and took video both down the line and caddy view.
I posted that on MySwing thread and sent a copy to Yoda.

Finally on lunch I did my speed training. 

Day 23 (08 Dec 22) - Played the back nine today at Minnesott with my son and my friend who recently moved back to the area.  Drill work is paying off as I continue to see more consistent shot results. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

On 12/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, Darkfrog said:

Day 1:

Trying to get into this challenge again, again. Starting today since I had a lesson.

I feel like I have gotten to a point in my golf ability where I am creating a video game character with a limited number of stat points to distribute. Every time I add points to one area, they get taken from another area. I need to improve my commitment to practice and practice methods to really get out of this mode.

This time I have to work on my backswing again, again - more turn earlier, more width, more depth. Have a simple thought for the downswing since it's not what needs to be fixed first - hit a push and finish low.

Day 1:

Aftermath of wife's company end of year celebration on Tuesday put my plans on hold, so trying again, again, again or whatever.

Worked on backswing - focus on width and depth, with a little bit of toe-up feel. Did this indoors because it's starting to rain, used mirror vision to check on things (need to do this more often/always).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 38, December 8, 2022

Took yesterday off to drive about 12 hours, but putted a little today after getting back home with Natalie. Will get back to full-swing work tomorrow.

Day 10 12/08/2022

Spent time working on my backswing in front of a mirror. 
Several 3-5 minute sessions today. 
Sometimes with a club, sometimes with the club across my collarbone, sometimes with a piece of PVC pipe. 

Working on fixing my backswing turn. 

Day 11, 121/09/2022

Got a lesson this morning.

Worked on putting speed control and learned a new putting drill I can use to help.