IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 39, December 9, 2022

Spent 25 minutes hitting balls. Recorded about twelve minutes…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 24 (9 Dec 22) -  Worked on start of downswing thru impact, focused on keeping right elbow (my trail elbow) more tucked to the torso.  First part of drill was seeing the ball (hard foam balls) going right in pushes.  Made the adjustment to consciously “feel” the arm tucked, and get the ball more centered on club (see photo).  Shot shape moved from a push to slight fade/draw.  

24A39D7D-FD25-4E4E-B06C-FE9188ED50F2.jpeg

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 25 (10 Dec 22) - mirror work as I wanted to key on the downswing and the trail arm.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 40, December 10, 2022

Worked on the full swing like yesterday after my Junior Elite Program.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 12 12/10/2023

I switched back and forth between swings in my garage hitting a ball into the net and super slow motion swings in front of the mirror. 

Trying to get a particular priority piece down. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 2:

Indoor backswing practice while watching World Cup. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 13 12/11/2023

More trying to get a particular priority piece down. So, I spent more time switching back and forth between swings in my garage hitting a ball into the net and super slow motion swings in front of the mirror. I also did my speed training swings. 

Day 2 - spend 15 mins on the basics….very basics.

• pre-shot routine
  • set up: checking distance from ball, grip (on going issues), stance
  • takeaway: slow take away with center bed turn, clubhead up and back with straighter right elbow. 

contact with last five balls felt much more solid than first five.  Feel like I’m starting over, but good to be back into it. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 26 (11 Dec 22) - More work in the swing setup and thru the downswing in the backyard.  Hit a few hard foam balls with the 3w and 6i to finish the drill.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 41, December 11, 2022

Got some work in before Sunday JEP.

Day 3:

Played 18 this morning. Lots of rain overnight which stopped around the 3rd hole but it was still a cold and soggy round. Haven’t done much meaningful practice since my recent lesson so a bit in the wilderness swing-wise, but plan to work harder this week. 

-Peter

Day 1 - I’m starting up again with some daily work. I kind of burned myself out there the past year and a half with respect to practicing. What I will do is work a bit on specific pieces everyday even if it is slow partial swings inside. What I won’t do is full swing work outside when it is freezing out like today. It takes so long to warm up, it is really counter-productive. I will get to the heated range when I can, but will still focus on slow repetition to dial in my priority pieces.

l have a small space in the basement I can do partial swings and even film DTL. Today, I worked for about 15 minute on my wrist position through impact with slow partial swings with a 8 iron. I also did some chipping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 42, December 12, 2022

Swings with @NatalieB downtown after a lesson with a college player's dad.

Day 3 - didn’t hit a ball today, but worked on a centered turn with clubhead coming back and up with slow takeaways. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 4:

Hit some balls while working on integrating the ShotScope H4 tagging process into pre-shot routine. For the swings I was mainly working on backswing mechanics, while using a feel for the downswing that seems to work well for now. Too dark for mirrorvision.

-Peter

Day 27 (12 Dec 22) - Mirror work today - focused on trail arm and getting a good flow thru the downswing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 14: 12/12/2022

I got 3 good but short practice sessions in today.

I started the day working on my priority pieces in the garage. Hitting balls into the net. That lasted about 15 minutes. 

Around lunch time I did my speed training

I just finished some putting speed practice. Working on speed control for my shorter putts. Did a numbered ball drill I got from @iacas. I'm pretty sure the drill's going to help me even though he was wearing a white belt when he showed it to me. BTW - I found that I can do this numbered ball drill well in the garage as it has a slope in there. I can do the drill uphill and downhill. 👍

Day 28 (13 Dec 22) -  Added trail arm drill to the setup drill as part today’s work in the backyard.  Started with the 3w and using the trail arm only to hit some hard foam balls.  After several 5 ball sets with just the trail arm, did regular setup-swing, saw much improved ball flight.  Ended with same drill with 7i.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star