IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 195, May 14, 2023

Wrist conditions work. Feel is so strange, so I'm trying to get it down by exaggerating it a bunch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 27: mirror work again. Same stuff as yesterday - steeper in backswing and shallower through rerouting the club. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 196, May 15, 2023

Played 18 holes at Whispering Woods. When I do my things, I hit the ball "effortlessly" well and far (people know how I feel about that word).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28: Putted on my mat for a while. Working on set up - weight more in the heels and butt sticking out a bit. I feel like I'm making much better contact with this set up, so that is good.

-- Daniel

Day 53: 5/25/23

Slow full swing working on shaft plane. I used to be under for many years, and since I started playing a fade, I am a little over. Trying to reduce the amount of ball movement. Chipping practice at lunch.

Day 21 - More member guest prep, reinforcing my hip priority piece and driver alignment/tee height. Iron contact is very solid and getting a very repeatable ball flight.

Chipped and putted too, practiced some high soft shots over a bunker from the rough and tight lies, was pretty happy with my ability to hit my landing spots.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 79 (15 May 23) - More swing tempo work today. Rehearsed tempo using the longer clubs today - driver, fairway metal and 5i. Finished up with hitting a few hard foam balls.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 6:

Did some static work with widening setup, and the some backswing. With a wider and more stable base, flow feels different and had some trouble in yesterday’s round with pressure shift to lead side. So worked on that too, regarding backswing focused on flow. Then hit a few balls to work on these dynamically. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 10. Range today working on alignment and target. Focused a lot on slowing the backswing down near the top to keep the backswing long and maintain focus on the ball through transition. Played 9 yesterday and rushed the swing too much causing lots of issues.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 80 (16 May 23) Had to drop off the summer golf application for the grandson, so decided while I’m there to play the front nine at Minnesott.   Before each shot, rehearsed the tempo drill I’ve been working on.  Focus was on the approach game (came away w/2 GIR and 6 nGIR (all 5yds or less off the green)).  Also wanted to dial in the 3w swing so I left the driver home and used the 3w off the tee, even though I gave up yardage, hit 5 of 7 fairways.  Overall a good session of on course drills. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 29: Went to the driving range to hit my new driver and get used to it. I really like it, which is good. A little bit of a two way miss, but the misses are small enough that I'm not worried about it. Did a little wedge work as well, but the primary focus was on the driver.

-- Daniel

Day 50: 16 May

Played 18 holes at home course. Bad start, but improved in places. Continued to struggle with tee shots and eventually concluded that I had to use a more 3/4th swing from the tee. I’m over swinging, therefore losing the club path through impact which is just creating a hard-to-control slide. Saw immediate results, a controlled fade off the tee with minimal distance loss. Back-9 was really solid, just some short game hiccups.

Plenty to work on - I’ve certainly not cracked it - but encouraging signs.

• Administrator

Day 197, May 16, 2023

Wrist condition practice in the hotel room. Fun!

Day 22 - Final prep for Member Guest, worked on alignment with driver, short putts and brief Aimpoint calibration on the putting green, then a few more tough pitch shots from varying lies in thick rough.

Oh and I did The Stack swings at home and set a 3mph record with the 195g set speed of 114mph and driver eSpeed of 124mph

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 7:

Did about 20 minutes of downswing work with almost golf balls. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 51: May 17

Golf lesson followed by practice in the net. Club path with 7-iron now averaging around -2; if I focus I can get an in-to-out path. But I’m struggling slightly on understanding the feel or the “what” that I’m doing when I get that in-to-out path. It may be that I’m beginning to really control the clubpath.

But I think the priorities are a) club face (I’m sometimes leaving it open, which is magnified with fairway woods) and b) over swinging (which risks hinging my wrist incorrectly, opening the face in the process). So I want to focus on those two areas.

Day 55: 5/17

Stack Neural training and hit my highest swing speed during the training at 113 MPH (e-speed). It took me a few sessions to incorporate the Upper Core swing and swing speed. Still feels like I I have room for improvement!

• Administrator

Day 198, May 17, 2023

Played 18 holes at Woodmont CC. More good drives. Some better irons. It's coming.