IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 23 - Played member-guest today, hit some really solid shots and a few not so solid ones. Short game and putting were solid, best they've been all year and back up to normal for me.

Still need more work to get the priority piece down, but man when it's good, it's good. High, straight, towering ball flight with plenty of distance and stopping power

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 11. Played a brutally windy cold 18 holes in NH with my wife and too close friends. We had 20-30mph winds. Not fun except seeing our friends. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 81 (17 May 23) - more swing tempo work, worked from 1/4 and 1/2 swing positions today using LW and 7i.  Drill focus was to keep speed up thru impact and not quitting prior to impact. Achieved solid, consistent strikes.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 30 - mirror work again. Trying to tweak a few feels in the downswing and get my collarbones moving down instead of up. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 52: May 18

Range practice, focusing on trying to control the clubface and committing to a full turn through the ball. Results were generally good - still leaking some shots out to the right with fairway woods. I need to take time during next lesson to understand what factors are causing the leaked shots. I think it’s that the face is open in relation to an modest out-to-in swing path, but a) I need to quantify how good/bad that path is and b) where the club face is in relation to that. That will help focus my efforts.

Day 82 (18 May 23) - Stayed the course w/swing tempo work.  Used 8i to do chips from about 25 yds in the backyard focused on centered ball at address and swinging smoothly with good torso rotation.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 12. Worked on backswing adding a slight pause at the top to keep better focus on the ball.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 199, May 18, 2023

Practiced a bit, then played nine holes, then practiced on the golf course for a few holes. Recorded one swing eventually… and… I stink at golf. 😉 No, but seriously, I need to commit to what I'm doing more. Like in 2019-20. It's going to take THAT level of commitment to get to where I need it to be.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1: Golf lesson today. Showed some improvement from the last lesson on gears. Still working on loading the trail side a bit before moving towards target and pushing with lead leg. Planned the work, working the plan. Excited to see where I’m at in the next few months. 

• Like 1

Day 24 - Range session today back to proper practice of priority piece. Slow partial swings with multiple dry swings between each ball. 

Filmed some dry swings at home later and priority piece looks better. Need to see how it looks while hitting a ball tomorrow.

Day 83 (19 May 23) - rained all day, no work outside so did mirror work focused on rotation, weight shift…also hit a few putts on the carpet while watching some of the PGA.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 25 - Got another solid practice session in, feel like I'm making decent progress on my priority piece. 

Filmed some swings and did some putting too. Need to make sure my stroke feels like it's coming more inside to start. In reality that's probably bringing path back to neutral instead of out to in but start line was much more consistent with that feeling.

Day 57: 5/19/23

Stack Neural training and hit 114 mph e-speed. Back to back swing speed highs which is a rare occurrence for me. Won’t be able to play tomorrow but perhaps on Sunday!

Day 13. Drove to Erie and thought about golf. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 200, May 19, 2023

Got in a good 45 minutes. Some before @GolfLug was here, some while he was here.

Good reset given what I had to say (and what I saw) yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 30 - went to the range under the lights for the first time this year! Did mostly random practice, trying to hit targets and solidify a good feel. Went pretty good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: