IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 53: May 19

Played 18 holes at regular course. A few very questionable holes, but otherwise plenty of decent golf played. Cutting out dumb mistakes remains a focus; part of that comes from really focusing in on the shot I’m about to play but also gain a better understanding of what’s possible/realistic for me to achieve from that shot. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 54: May 20

Range practice, working on better control of the clubface. I *think* that my focus on having the correct wrist position at the top of the backswing meant that I’m hitting a little-too-excessive fade with a 3-wood. This is instead of a seemingly-straighter shot at the start but basically a slice by the end.

My first thought was that the better wrist position was encouraging an out-to-in swing path. But on reflection I think the swing path is generally unchanged for all of the swings - it’s just that an incorrect wrist -> wide open face -> slice. Whereas the correct wrist is -> face square-ish to path, but with my current out-to-in swing path -> strong fade. Improve the swing path a little and it’ll become a more “normal” fade.

Day 1:

Been practicing daily but not posting. Today I worked on full swing with 6 iron, mostly backswing but also some downswing work as well. Also did about 20 min of short game practice. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 26 - Light day today, just some dry rehearsal swings in the garage focusing on priority piece

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 58: 5/20/23

Stack balance training and slow motion swings to ingrain release and weight shift. Finished with chipping and putting practice through gates.

Day 84 (20 May 23) - Busy day, managed to get some time to work on setup and tempo work.  Focused on feeling weight shift forward in swing. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Played 18 at Little Mountain with @rwolfe, @bkuehn1952and @ChetlovesMer in my group. Had a lot of fun even though it was cart path only.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 31: mirror work today. Working on downswing feels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 201, May 20, 2023

Played in the TST outing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2:

Played 18 this morning. Drove the sh*t out of the ball (+4 strokes) and gave it back on approach shots (-4 strokes). Short game and putting were good, except for one weird pitch shot where I almost completely missed the ball and squirted it off the toe.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 55: May 21

More range time. What seemed to be working yesterday with my fairway wood swing…didn’t seem to work today. I could “fudge” things with a strong grip that helped close the face. But without that I couldn’t seem to close the face properly. In a way it’s helped diagnose what’s happening: my clubpath is out-to-in (not excessively, but I need to improve it), but the clubface is way too open in relation to the clubpath/target line.

One positive was hybrid work: fairly tight dispersion. It’s either a slight pull or a baby fade, but I’m being a little hard on myself. A ~3.5 degree variation from my target line with a hybrid is completely fine given my current ability.

Edited by MrLeek

Day 32: Played 18 holes. Didn’t get a ton out of hitting 11 greens with a 79, but overall pretty happy with how I played. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 15. GEARS lesson at Golf Evolution. Very productive. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 59: 5/21/23

Stack Neural Training session 7/24. 3rd max swing session in a row and it would be too much to ask to hit my 3rd consecutive personal high. Dropped down to 111 mph, and that should translate to 106 when I swing normally, which is a couple mph more than I was before starting the training.

Hoped to play 9 this evening to test my swing speed on a familiar course but had some real life issues arise. Maybe I will be able to sneak out this week.

• Administrator

Day 202, May 21, 2023

Worked on my swing for about 15 minutes (though three of those swings were goofing around with my eyes closed) with @billchao and @boogielicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 27 - Range session and putted today.

Getting more and more used to the feeling with my priority piece and practicing properly.

Continued to focus on feeling like the putter goes inside on the way back and that made my start line so much more consistent.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 85 (21 May 23) - Continued work today with more work on swing tempo w/5i.  Focused weight shift to load the front foot (still nursing the broken down skin condition).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star