IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 40: Did a superspeed session and did some rehearsal swings, working on downswing feels.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 94 (30 May 23) - Swing tempo work - started w/easy swings w/driver, worked up to full speed, moved to 5i and finished w/8i.  Focused on arms and keeping them extended during takeaway. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 9, May 30th, 2023

Continue working on shorter swing and hands down stuff. 

Need to kick myself a bit here. I am getting frustrated too quickly. I need to stop caring about how bad I will be hitting shots while working on this. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 20. Tempo work after a day of chores.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 1: 5/30/2023:

I'm back at it. (Never really stopped, but wasn't always able to post.) 

Got to the outdoor range today. Worked first on block work. My priority piece with a 6 iron. That went well. Then I translated that to the driver and did more block work. Again, working on my priority pieces. Then I hit some wedges at some targets and finally worked through the hole bag in a relatively random order hitting each club while focusing on my priority piece. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 36 - The Stack swings. Only 2 more sessions to go in my second full program. Excited to test and see the results.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Day 211, May 30, 2023

Got some swing work in downtown after lessons. Was going to go play, but had a lot of Behrend stuff and other things to do. Playing a bit in the morning before lessons tomorrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 68: 5/30/23

Putting on a ruler and through gates with good results after a long day. Considering a putter change, since I am not making as many during rounds as I would like.

Day 11:

Worked on grip with some full swings while also working on arm/torso sequencing piece.

Really annoyed I haven't been able to begin Stack speed training yet. I've had a series of low level strains and sprains from middle-age life that aren't serious enough to prevent golf swings, but not wanting to push myself until I am confident I won't make it worse. Right now nursing a sore left wrist from some yard cleanup.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 63: May 30

Played 18 holes at home course. Some mistakes made, couple of penalty shots added from errant tee shots and managed to 3-putt from 6 feet (horrible hole position). Still managed to record a round just a couple of shots above my PB. Lots of smart golf played; when in trouble, make sure I get back into play. Add to that some lovely golf shots and it’s all positive stuff to build on.

Day 9, May 31st, 2023

Went to the range during my lunch break. Same old song and dance. Keep swing shorter, try to work on hands and right elbow in transition. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 95 (31 May 23) - Continued swing tempo drills today using mid-irons, thinking approach shots, using hard foam balls to about 60 yds.  Focused on making sure hips don’t stall out…

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 21. Fit for Golf workout in the morning then range in the afternoon with my wife. Worked on tempo with 6-7 irons, 3W and driver. After, worked with my wife on short game pitches with the technique we learned in Erie. It’s amazing how easy the shot feels when you are showing someone else.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 212, May 31, 2023

Student no-show/no-called, so I practiced for 30 minutes and went home a little bit early. Cup, throw while still cupped, and go. Ball won't go left.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 69: 5/31/23

Stack Neural training at max speed. Algorithm added one more swing to my build up, and I hit a new high with 195 grams but could only match the series high of 114 e-speed. Traded emails with my instructor over 2 videos. He told me my backside was too far back and my backswing was narrow. Changes to both seemed to have swinging a little faster.

Day 2: 5/31/2023:

Played 9 holes of Men's league golf today. Kind stunk up the place but had some fun and occasionally hit a couple good shots. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 12:

Worked on same things as yesterday hitting balls with 5-iron. In addition to some extra focus on grip, I also am adding some focus on “still head”, especially on backswing when I tend to turn my neck with shoulder and lose the ball. There is a balance in this second part, since when I focus too much on not losing sight of the ball, other things break down. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 37 - Light day today, a few dry swings in the garage and some mirror work inside. Slowly but surely the new alignment piece is starting to feel normal.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV