IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 101 (7 Jun 23) - reverse step drill w/54* - set balls up about 5yds apart and hit to the same pin location in the backyard.  Max distance was about 25 yds, mostly to replicate nGIR up and down opportunities I tend to see most often.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 16, June 7th, 2023

Two range sessions today, one at lunch and one after lunch. Just 30 balls, taking my time. Not seeing much progress. I can’t feel what I need to feel when trying to blend it all together. Just sticking to segmenting things. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 219, June 7, 2023

Played 18 holes with @DrizZzY, then went back after some lessons to hit balls on the range. It's coming together, slowly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44 - Range session mainly focused on driver. Got a couple good feels right now, feeling like driver is just like a 3wood or iron swing, and super low tee height (entire ball is below crown of the club) have both helped straighten out the ball flight quite a bit.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 18:

Worked on backswing a bit focusing on getting depth by turning and not by sort of faking it with hands. Also hit 20 balls working on downswing sequence; hands down, turn, extend/jump feel. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 76: 6/7/23

Stack neural training after a long day of work.  Speed was a little slower but still finished at an e-speed of 110 with max intent. Leaving town for a few days and will be eager to test speed upon my return.

Day 6

Back onto the backswing, shape seems to be better but unable to hit the range to see output so 'theoretical improvement', still some inconsistency with back elbow angle but improvements.

Beginning to look at how to shift weight on downswing to ensure this isnt lost before contact.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

Day 17, June 8th 2023, 

Went to the range. Worked on backswing right elbow stuff and downswing path stuff. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 27. Played 9 with my wife behind the worlds slowest single. The foursome in front of him gapped him on 6. Had fun though. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Day 27. Played 9 with my wife behind the worlds slowest single. The foursome in front of him gapped him on 6. Had fun though. 

18c5d89f-cc41-4179-9335-002386b5c88e_text.gif.73f5490e69e89765c2d6352c6a4f014f.gif

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 102 (8 Jun 23) - played front nine at Minnesott w/a good friend.  One of those days where I was all over the place and never settled into a groove.  Worked on clubbing up and smoothing the tempo, much better in terms of approach shots.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 220, June 8, 2023

Did a little slow-motion work between an early morning lesson and two long GEARS sessions. Perhaps the last in our old building!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 45 - Some wedge practice and a little bit of driver. Then spent a good bit of time on short game working on extra difficult shots, mainly high soft ones short sided, did pretty good overall

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 4 - mirror work today. Worked on downswing feels for having my collarbone go down in the early part of the backswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 27. Range today. Worked on Tempo and backswing length trying to get longer. I seem to do better with a longer backswing. When I get short, I get squirrelly. Also worked on pitching technique.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 18, June 9th, 2023

Went to the range during lunch. Worked on trying to stop my backswing shorter, and in part keeping my right elbow less bent. Also, trying to feel the hands, and club come to a stop. Consistency is a bit of mess right now with this in where the hands and club end up at the top of the swing, and how short or long the swing gets. So, work to do. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 7

Further backswing work, checking elbow/wrist angles becoming a bit more comfortable. Planning an early morning walk to local range tomorrow so will record and see progress.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)