IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Although my week away visiting NYC was awesome, it meant a lack of golf practice (walking 90 miles during the week doesn’t count). So….

Day 1: June 9

Range session focusing on getting back into a steady groove. I think the clubpath is remaining on plane (a little too much out-to-in with driver), but I have to focus on getting a square clubface. Hit a number of shots where I intentionally tried to excessively close the clubface (sometimes successfully); I don’t have a good sense of the “feel” when I’m doing that but it seems a worthwhile exercise. But I’m trying not to be hard on myself given a week or so away from practicing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 46 - Short range session focusing on more of "play" mode in preparation for a round tomorrow. Hit it quite well. Did a bit of short game and putting too. And did my progress check for The Stack.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Day 221, June 9, 2023

Played 18 holes today. Had some good holes, but… mildly uncomfortable with things all day today. Need to VIDEO something soon. Kicked myself for not doing that Wednesday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 103 (9 Jun 23)-   Tempo and torso rotation work (anti-flip) in the backyard today using 9i and wedges.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 8 

Early morning hour at the range. Definite improvement but still consistency issues. Distance saw some improvement (175yd driver) but the star of my show was the 9i 110-120yds 5times in a row near dead centre.

Alot to be improved (as always) but focusing less on speed more on shape through the week, find im losing most positives from the backswing on the forward, also found adjusting my grip a bit gave me more flush contact

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

Day 19, June 10th, 2023

Hit about 30 balls over the course of 1.5 hours. Worked on backswing length and right elbow bend. Did 5-10 practice motions to 1 ball hit. Then took 1-2 minute break between hits to reset. I didn’t want to get into a fast rhythm.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 222, June 10, 2023

Worked downtown after lessons for about 35 minutes or so. That's only about… 27 golf balls. I recorded one on the Casio because it was already out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 104 (10 Jun 23) - Worked on swing tempo today - used 9i and PW - took time between to simulate approach to shot from elsewhere.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 47 - Played 18 holes today. Was ok overall. The parts that I've been working on were solid, aka mid irons and tee shots. The parts I haven't spent as much time on (50-100yds) were garbage (shocker). Made 2 birdies but 4 doubles, got in some bad positions and tried to get too cute with recovery shots instead of taking my medicine and making bogey at worst. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 6 - back to mirror work. Still working on downswing feels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2: June 10

Golf lesson followed by range practice. Continuing to work on the feel of a better/more neutral club path - sometimes my clubpath is fine, other times it’s creeping too far over-the-top. I still don’t quite have it…but it’s not far off being ideal either. But I have new feels to try to see if I can get this locked in.

Range practice trying to continue this feel (about 1/3rd of the session) then plenty of driver practice. Decent control of the clubface = a decent shot outcome. It’s not perfect, it can be better…but it is playable.

Day 9

After some reading and reflecting noticed my range whiff were in part caused by my tendency to straight up during the swing. Practised some rotation to try and correct this but expect this to be a long hard battle against my unconcious mind.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

Day 3: Jun 11

Worked on drills to continue improving my club path (put a pool noodle around an alignment rod that I placed on the floor, then practiced swinging a club along the same line as the alignment rod). I think the feel that works for me is a) right elbow into my right hip, and b) a sense that the club head drops behind me before swinging around me. But having that visual cue and feedback if the clubpath was incorrect seems helpful.

Also spent an hour chipping/pitching at my local course, working on feel and ball control from a range of distances. This includes spending some time just experimenting with different types of short game shots to see what happens.

Day 1:

Haven’t been able to practice lately due to some family stuff that is one of the rare things that takes precedence over golf.

Played 18 this morning. Not very well, but managed to walk off with an 86, which is better than it should have been considering only 3 GIR and 2 penalty strokes. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 28. Filmed my swing in the driveway. Worked on keeping the backswing long and some of my priority pieces.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 20, June 11th, 2023

Went up to Erie to get a long hitting session in. Got a few comments from Erik as he worked on his swing.

Worked on keeping it shorter and hands down. Going to make a trip to Lowe’s this week 😁

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 7 - Played golf. Shot an 81, despite f***ing up the first 2 holes. So I'm pretty happy, even though the first few holes were rough for me.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 223, June 11, 2023

Went downtown for about six hours today. Got a good amount of work in.