• Administrator
9 hours ago, Golfer gal said:

Day Three - I didn't pick up a club, but I read several chapters of Lowest Score Wins... a lot of it seems over my head because of my level of golf and because I can't relate to the numbers (no average women's stats or even LPGA), but I can surely use the concepts to help create my own plan for improvement.

They're the same concepts. The LPGA has some pretty bad stats keeping, too, so I apologize but there's not a lot out there that's "good" to use.

But the same concepts apply - hit the greens, putting is the skill you're closest to an LPGA Tour player at, distance matters, etc.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

25 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement.

Range work went pretty well yesterday afternoon. Used Mevo and other than the carry distances being all over the map possibly due to really bad ball striking. More or less the same kind of strikes I did on my 80 par 70 round yesterday (http://www.gamegolf.com/player/lihu/round/1985690) Used A Pro-V1 circa 2014. 

Turns out the Tai Chi swings I do in the morning get decent distances, but my lack of focus when I relax too much really cause me to strike pretty poorly.

Also noticed that to hit my maximum distances I really need to be on top of everything. Going to work on a little pre shot routine again instead of just swing-swing-hit.

Note that these are Srixon range balls 1pc range balls with approximately 6% reduction in initial velocity due to compression and other effects done by Srixon.

image.thumb.png.46de26a01d3cfdd826acc16f9942a26b.png

image.thumb.png.8d4f4fb9c14f472ae8c692fe4c6c1a83.png

image.thumb.png.f79bb0710d8da887e8d1f59cfa54e22a.png

Edited by Lihu

19/1/18 - Takeaway and knee flex work with the mirror, then trying to start feeling like the hands come straight down rather than out in transition.

Day 19

Driving range today. 80+/-  balls. Worked with all clubs, 90% full swings. Took about 2.5 hours. I had nothing else to do that was pressing. 

Focused on address position, alignment, ball in stance, and posture. Used the range flags as landing areas to check on my accuracy. Was especially pleased with my driver swing. 

Turf was a bit on the wet side, which I attribute to the dozen or so fatties I hit. The rest were playable. 

Day 19 January 19    Spent an hour on the putting green continuing the 10,000 putt challenge.  Today was 100 putts made from both 3 feet and 5 feet.  The to the range for a couple of hours, working on turning into the right hip, and staying in posture through the swing.

1/19/17:

Day 294.

Continued work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. Today was 10 minutes of the wedge version of this drill. I used my 54° for 9 to 3 swings, with the focus of not hitting the bottles. It took a few swings to not hitting the outside bottle, but I was literally just nicking it. So seven or eight solid minutes of nice swings.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

They're the same concepts. The LPGA has some pretty bad stats keeping, too, so I apologize but there's not a lot out there that's "good" to use.

But the same concepts apply - hit the greens, putting is the skill you're closest to an LPGA Tour player at, distance matters, etc.

Thanks, I will apply the concepts and improve my game!  It's just discouraging to hear you guys talk about your drive distances when mine is about 160-170.  :-(

Day Four - before we played today, I tried the six-footer challenge.  I didn't film it, and didn't succeed... I'll work on it again and at least provide the stats.  

Day 19

Ten minutes putting doing the steel ruler drill. First time to try this;I found it very effective.

i got to hit the Callaway Rogue today. I was swinging poorly and could not find the middle of the club face.On the monitor however, I was getting near my usual distance. Hitting it hooky though. I plan to go back and try  warming up with my own driver. I like the look and it feels light.. The Epic never really cranked my tractor but the Rogue just might

20/1/18 - Got another evolvr response from Preston, just clarifying a few things with the knee flex work and getting me to create more width in the takeaway. Spent 20 minutes on mirror work this evening after a short attempt at the range trying to work on it earlier - just too cold for much longer! Also did a bit of work on the putting on the mat in the basement as well

1/20/17:

I did my path drill with the soda bottles today. I went back to a longer club (a 6-iron) and did the draw path drill. (I have balls I can hit indoors, don't worry). Just to make sure that feeling is ingrained. Then again feel ain't real. So I guess it was more to make sure the motions are still there. 

295 days in a row. 70 to a year.

Day 20

Played 9 holes today. A little 2800 yard course. Worked on whatever the the shot/putt required in wet conditions. More mental, adjustment stuff than physical swing stuff. 

More metal woods than irons to get to the green to avoid fat shots, due to wer turf.  

I was able to work on  my AW flop shot. With the wet greens, I used it to hit flop shots that dropped and stop near the pin. . 

Once on the green, I needed to focus on getting extra speed on the ball due to moist, slower  greens than I am use to.  Going to play 9 more as soon as this latest drizzle passes over. 

Day 20 January 20    Started the morning by playing in a Nine Hole Scramble. The spent an hour plus on the putting green making 100 putts from 3 feet, then 100 from 6 feet --as part of the 10,000 putt challenge.  Followed by a two hour range session working on turning into my right hip on the backswing and staying in posture through the swing.  

1/20 - hey guys! It's been a couple of months since I've held a club, but the weather was awesome today so I went to the range. Hit great! It was a challenge with all my swig thoughts (centered turn, low point control, forward weight shift, etc). Hopefully the temperatures will start heading in right directions soon. 

I look forward to re-starting the daily challenge next month. 

Day 20

Worked on putting 3-6 feet with and without steel ruler.

Worked on driver setup and took some practice swings,working on more relaxed forearms and more speed.

Edited by dbuck

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge