IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 578, June 3, 2024

Practiced while two students went to lunch. 🙂 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 33 (3 Jun 24) - In between working on my bass guitar and its wiring issues, I was able to take the putter and roll some putts on the carpet in the shop.  Spent time with the lead arm as I usually putt with it tucked close  and then doing the lead arm chicken wing.  Interesting how the feel and pace is different.  Had seen a fellow golfer using it last week when we were playing.  Overall it was good to do an easy day of putting for pace and overall distance control from 10' in.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 159: 6/3/24

Stack Training Full Speed Spectrum session 20/24. Diagnosed with tennis elbow today. Finished 1 mph higher than last session.

Day 17 - Indoors practice. Some small setup changes and then working on hands path.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

(edited)

Day 82. Went to the chipping green over lunch. As usual, I'm tentative and end up short. Trying to get comfortable with pitching/chipping closer to the hole or even a bit past. Technique was reasonable and outcome improved as I got more comfortable with distance. Will try to get in full swing technique work into the net this evening. 

Edited by 4zim

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 34 (4 Apr 24) - Worked on 1/2 - 3/4 swings today with 9i and hard foam balls.  Focused on pausing at P3, getting weight on lead foot and then swinging through.  Hit about 40 balls total. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 52:

Indoor full swing rehearsals and some putting.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 160: 6/4/24

Dealing with tennis elbow and limited to putting practice through 50 mm gates.

• Administrator

Day 579, June 4, 2024

Practiced on the Quad for a bit. Adding a little of the "push hard with the left side" stuff to help the lie angle at impact numbers. Doing this in early 2020 strained something in my left side, I was doing it so aggressively, so it's not new.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1, again:  hit a few balls into the net this morning to make sure my shoulder would be ok and I could keep my tee time.  Chiro and athletic massages have helped my shoulder quite a bit.  Played my third 9 hole round and shaved off another 3 strokes (10 since my first game).  Son and hubby played terribly today and I was only 4 over hubby and 1 over my son (they blamed it on the 101 degree heat).  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

(edited)

Day 18 - Upper back ached a bit, probably from practice that led to some tremendously fat shots. More backswing work today. Really need to feel like I'm overdoing it to actually do what I'm trying to do. Feels so weird compared to my normal swing. Still working on setup and distance to the ball. Golf is hard.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Day 580, June 5, 2024

I played two holes today, but I'll also get downtown later today and get some more practice in.

Day 83. Spent a few minutes this morning working on technique in a little practice station. Tired from a workout last night so the movement started well but faded relatively quickly. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 2: putting practice 

• Thumbs Up 1

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 35 (5 Jun 24) an easy day with the 58, working on stance, setup - hitting pitches in the backyard. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 161: 6/5/24

Putting practice through 50 mm gates as I recover from tennis elbow.