IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 66:

Hit a bunch of punchy shots with 7-iron, from A2 and A3 positions.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 (lost my streak on vacation): Played 18 holes today. Some good, some bad. Not a huge fan of desert golf, but happy with it overall. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 17.  After Sunday's putting issues, I went to practice putting today.  I forgot to bring some coins to do a measured drill (the putting green was open, too!), but I did something like an around-the-clock 6' drill, making 8 of the 12 -- a great percent, albeit a low sample size.  I also hit a few 12', focusing on the line and getting it to, or past, but not too far past the hole.  I didn't sink any.  I then hit some 30' putts focusing on speed.  I plan this to be a regular practice for the week, albeit with some coins so I can do an actual drill! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 150 - Practiced pitching today: basically Day 7, but I added right (trail) hand only shots as well. really trying to feel the bounce. Two handed, hit some really nice 12-14 yard pitch shots (three balls which landed within that zone). Got a little messy when I tried to hit longer shots. 

Also, practiced distance wedge motion with backswings to 7:30 (about pocket-to-pocket) and 9:00 (a bit short of my flighted backswing). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 19: 7I with plane station; concentrating on holding finish and watching ball flight.  Mostly over-draws...

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 523: Did mirror work on backswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 19: warmed up for going a 9-hole round again using mostly the 9-iron as well as the 6-iron.. hit maybe 3 shots with the hybrid, 5-wood, 3-wood and driver.. also added in some pitches and chips

cheers Chris

Day 104 (23 Mar 22) - Wedge pitches, iron chips in the backyard today.  Focused on flow through the ball - more of a sweep with the irons and getting solid bounce contact with the wedge.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 86: 3/23/2022

Today was a little different. First I did 20 minutes of working on my priority pieces in the garage driving range. I did that before starting my work day and after the kids left for school. 

I had a long webinar today which gave me ample opportunity to do putting drills in my office so, mostly putting mirror with the gates. I did this off and on, but I bet I got 15 - 20 minutes of good work in.

I got to the actual range today and it was super crowded, well at least the covered area was crowded. It was raining. so I just hit a small bucket. Worked my priority pieces with 9 iron, 6 iron and my longest hybrid. Good focused work. 5 balls for each movement and 3 movements with each club. Totaling 45 balls. i.e. a small bucket. 

I also just got back from a driver fitting at Golf Galaxy. I'm heading out on a trip here and my driver isn't back from Cobra yet. So, I tested a few drivers and got a fitting. I haven't yet made a purchase. But I know what I'd get if need be. How it works there is they charge $100 for a fitting, but give you a $100 gift card at the end of the fitting. The gift card is good for like 2 months. If my driver doesn't show up in time, I'll purchase a new driver. If my driver does show up in time I'll get a couple boxes of golf balls. The fitting lasted a little more than an hour, so I count that as practice time. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 143, March 23, 2022

Happy birthday to me! I practiced for 20 minutes before I worked with a PGA Tour caddie on some AimPoint stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18 - 6ft putts for bead throughout the day down the office hallway

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 67:

Worked on backswing indoors, and then did my punchy 7-iron practice from A2 and A3 positions.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 18.  After work today, I went to the putting green.  I remembered coins, but I did not remember to go at a time where I'd get any part of the green to myself.  All the holes were taken, so I putted to a tee from 6' (around the clock drill, once around, no coins).  A few hit the tee, others I think would have gone in if it were the middle of a hole.  I also managed some speed drills.  A hole opened up later, and I practiced downhill 6' putts for a bit, making a few.  After about 20 minutes, I had to run for other things.  I'll aim for a better practice time tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2: Did some mirror work today. Still working on a feel for recentering my hips earlier. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 105 (24 Mar 22) - Rainy day here in NC but able to get outside for a few minutes to work on the hand position at setup into the top of backswing.  Working on keeping the back of the lead wrist flat (not the DJ pronation) or supinated but relatively flat.  Coupled this with getting the grip a little stronger (about 2 knuckes showing).  Ended session with some full swings with the MacGregor Souchak 7i and hard foam balls.  Making some good small steps in this process.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 20: Hit 40 balls prior to round, trying to focus on expected shot cone.  All great up to 8I but a mess after - the longer the club the more I start bad habits and trying to smack it and my swing path and weight gets messed up.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 86: 3/24/2022

Got some good work in at the range. I videoed a bunch of it. I haven't watched the video yet but hopefully it will be good. Spent a lot of time on my priority pieces. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

day 20: spent time on the putting mat at home as i am unable to go to the range today as I have training at the pool today..

cheers Chris