IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 8:

Played 18 this morning. Left my Shotscope at home which made me feel naked the entire round. Swing thought is entirely on backswing piece right now, and I think I executed that part well for the entire round. Downswing piece needs a bunch of work.

Front 9 was in a damp, pea-soup fog with maybe 80-100 yards of visibility. Finished the front with a 44. Didn't hit the ball well, but not terrible either. A few bad swings were very costly (three double bogeys).

Back 9 with fog finally clearing was better. Finished with a double-bogey free 40. Score would have been better if I had made a few of the 6-8 foot putts I left myself (but I didn't).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 208 - Got back to my priority piece, focusing on setup and shin angles in the swing. Used the divot board and was consistently 1-2 inches behind the ball, which needs some work. 

Day 11:  30 minute putting practice during my lunch break. 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 226: 8/5/24

Putting through 50 mm gates and slow motion swings. Received treatment for tennis elbow. Hope to play on Friday.

• Administrator

Day 641, August 5, 2024

Played 18 holes (mostly from the whites with irons only). Made a few birdies (including two par fives where I hit 4I off the tee - 3 and 15). Convincing myself that I can generate the same speed and hit the ball better from there.

I'd swing back, pause, and then just attack. Paging @saevel25. 😄 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 95 (5 Aug 24) - A good mix of drills today - first session worked with 6i and setup (grip, stance, tempo); second was later today as grandson wanted me to pitch (PW & 54) foam balls to him while he was in the pool.  Talk about aim small miss small.  Most fun I’ve had in a while while doing drills!

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 19: just a little bit of putting work. Worked on set up in a mirror, then worked on not moving my head forward in the downswing with the use of a door jamb. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 9:

Worked on priority pieces with 6-iron. When the backswing piece and downswing piece are both executed well, I'm pleased with the result. I feel like backswing piece is in a good spot, but when when I shift thought/focus to downswing, I start to lose the backswing part. So for now just doing mostly rehearsals 3-4 and then address the ball and try a slow speed swing. Coming along, but needs a bunch more work.

-Peter

Day 227: 8/6/24

Putting through 50 mm gates. Cortisone shot yesterday and arm was too sore for chips or slow motion swings.

Day 96 (6 Aug 24) - rain is as rain does …. inside day  - putting drills (including an obstacle course by my grandson - talk about tricky reads for pace) and ultra short chips (10-12ft) on carpet. Solid day of work. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 642, August 6, 2024

Worked downtown for 80 minutes or so afterward. 6I mostly, 3W at the end.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10:

Priority piece work with 5-iron. Started too late and it got dark, so didn’t get much good work in today. 

-Peter

Day 12: more putting practice 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 97 (7 Aug 24) -  More rain, more inside only - some putting (lagging for distance); swing setup in the mirror. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 228: 8/7/24

Spent an hour at the range after a cortisone shot for tennis elbow earlier this week. Mostly half swings. Hit some shanks but finished pretty well. Tournament this weekend, where my partner and I are two-time defending champions. Unlikely to be three, but will do my best!

• Administrator

Day 643, August 7, 2024

Playing lesson this morning, and then… was going to play 12-18 holes in the evening, and went to the range for an hour before. On one of the later swings, the mat kicked my club up and severely sprained my left thumb. Hours later I'm back to maybe 85%, but… I only chipped and putted while @DrizZzY played. Was a wise decision, but I really hope I'm good by Saturday/Sunday.