• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I had a new one today. A group of 4 guys is teeing off before our group (we had only 3 today), but one of their members is late to the course so they take it slow, chit-chatting on the box and what not. Finally, the missing guy struts in, not walking any faster, driving his remote controlled push cart, and they get going: 3 and 4 balls per player. From the blue tees. I didn't think that all (or even most) of them had he skills to play those tees. It's going to be a long day, I said to the rest of my group. We had no idea, how long! We can see already a big gap ahead of them, and there must have been a gap in the tee sheet. So after waiting what seemed like half an eternity to hit our approches, we proceed, hit our chips and putts as needed, and only 3 of the guys ahead have yet teed off, and at least one is hitting mulligans... They had played the first hole in well over 20 minutes. We finish and walk past them towards the white tees where we will be hitting next. They totally ignore us, won't invite us through and that's when one of my partners says out loud (to be heard by them): "I don't have six hours for this, so let's go past them to the third tee."  We never hit from those white tees and instead walked around the slowpokes, under the tunnel below the freeway, back up on the other side and played the third hole, a par 5. We finished the par 500+ yards hole (3 shots + chips + putts as needed for 3 people), walked off to the 4th tee and they were STILL not on the third tee. Well, this seemed like the right decision, we congratulate ourselves. And the rest of the round proceeds normally and at a great pace: we have about 3 holes open in front, and on #11 catch up with the previous group, a foursome. No big deal, we can chip and putt on the previous green for a while as the slow group is now about 3 holes behind. We keep going like that until the end and by the time we walk off #18, the snails are making it to the tee of #14. That's a whole 5 holes behind, mind you, and that's with us having plenty of time to practice our short game as we move along. We were done in just over 3 hours and 20 minutes, so these guys were on pace for 5 to 5 1/2 hours with nobody in front of them, not playing in a tournament. This is an easy course, flat, open and I walked it once with nobody in front in under 2 hours. I just couldn't believe it. That slower than the definition of slow. Horrible.  
    • Day 59, July 23, 2021; Well maybe we’ll notice purple. Played 18 today, shot 75. I hit the ball very well. I could not buy a putt. Not a single putt outside 5 feet. Guess my read is off, need to practice that, probably where I was off.
    • A friend of ours, son, just came out of an induced coma. 9 weeks. He contracted Covid before he had a chance to get vaccinated. Bad timing for him. 49 years old , A third degree practicing black belt (Kyokashin 1)and one of the fittest men I know. He is sitting up and breathing on his own. Long term effects to him. Unknown. Long term effects of the covid vaccine. Unknown. I took my chances on a double Pfizer. I was trying to cut down on the possibility of a covid coma.  
    • I sip an Italian Sports Drink out of a metal container while playing.  No sips if I make a bogey.  One sip if I make a par.  2 sips for a birdie.  Had an eagle yesterday... 3 sips.  Heaven forbid I have a hole in one!
    • In around '71, a friend of mine gave me $50 to write his algebra exam at Uni.  Of course I forgot all about that, until he stopped by to remind me. I was in the building where we were writing and had just finished one of my own. and then had dropped some acid. Didn't blink an eye. Just went on in and proceeded to pass that exam for him. But to take a drink while golfing and possibly screw up my game, not a chance.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. halcon
      halcon
      (54 years old)
    2. jbwright84
      jbwright84
      (37 years old)
    3. mdg74
      mdg74
      (48 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...