IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 209

Lesson today, half putting, half full swing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 190 - July 6, 2020

I putt on days when Natalie has tournaments, so today I putted for ten minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 22

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge

Left wrist, right wrist, split hands and takeaway to A2 with my PW.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 1:

21 minute 9 seconds (gotta love phone apps 😊) golf work out.

Started by stretching my hamstrings and physical therapy routine for my neck -  while doing all of the below swinging i wore my izzo golf smooth swing training aid

10 swings with the sklz golf tempo trainer

did the stretching routine above

10 swings with the sklz gold flex

did my stretching routine above

10 swings with the sklz golf temp trainer

did the stretching above

10 swings with the sklz gold flex

did the stretching above

did 15 baseball style swings with the sklz gold flex for my stomach, i try do these as fast as possible while maintaining balance

finished up with my stretching exercises

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 129 - Spent a couple of hours at the range today working on a bunch of things, set up and alignment, partial wedge shots, sand, and shorter around the green pitches. Playing the next couple of days.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 7: Continued working on my takeaway, but this time taking it a bit further and going to A3. I found a great feel for staying more connected on the backswing which is to feel like the lead arm adduction angle remains static. I've been searching for a feel that speaks to me, and I think this one is it.

Day 8: Takeaway after takeaway focusing on the aforementioned feel. This is working wonders.

Day 210

Spent about 5 minutes practicing new putting posture and setup, and another 10 minutes doing an aiming drill with with the new posture/setup.

Worked a bit on tempo, or is it rhythm, I get them confused. I was getting a bit too Sung Jae Im like in my takeaway, resulting in a rushed downswing, so working on speeding up the takeaway/backswing, perceived pause at the top, and then downswing.

Finished with about 15 minutes of COVID-19 practice plan Day-5 drills with an 8-iron to work on clearing left hip which is a full swing priority piece from my last lesson, and also a superspeed workout.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 191 - July 7, 2020

Hit balls for 20 minutes before lessons today. Hit them well… and working on a feeling for helping to stay "lower" a bit.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 20.  My second miss in the past three weeks was yesterday (7/6).   Today, I hit two dozen balls (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls plus a few foam ones to start), focusing on some setup changes (left hip higher than right, somehow, which I'm doing by leaning away from the target, not sure if that's right) and tucking my hips under.  Will aim to get to a putting green tonight too.

[Oh, for accounting purposes:  my first miss of this series was 6/28, the other was 7/6... it's okay to miss twice before hitting day 30, right? Or should I have reset the counter somewhere?]

Edited by Shindig

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 23

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge

Shoulder Pitch

Airplane wings, shaft across the shoulders and bringing the shoulders down. After these exercises I hit a 5i and 8i into a net.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 130 - Played nine today.  Couldn’t keep the ball in the fairway after the first hole. Had lots of overdraws too. Very muggy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 192 - July 8, 2020

Played 18 holes. Shot 70 at Whispering Woods (blue tees).

Day 21.  After a bit of feedback from my evolvr instructor (I asked a clarification about latest priority piece), I hit another 30 practice balls (2-3 sessions a few times during the day) indoors, off a mat, into a net, focusing on the setup (hips tucked under, left higher than right, not actively leaning away from target). 

Not part of today's report:  successfully practiced a lot of 3' and 6' putts last night on a real putting green, will aim to do so again tonight too.  After the last few rounds I'm inclined to believe my putting, especially from within 10', is warranting the extra practice time

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 211

Did some 9-3 swings hitting balls off a mat, focusing on getting my left hip to keep turning through the swing instead of stalling. Goal is to have this feeling translate to full swing. 

-Peter

Day 2:

I went to the practice facility and worked on trying to dial in my 1/2 to 3/4 swing with my 48* Wedge and 52* Wedge.  I had my alignment sticks out and kept close attention to ball placement in my stance as well as aim. 

After practicing with my Wedges I moved into full swing with my 6, 5 3 Utility Iron and 2 Utility Iron while working with my alignment sticks 

All told I got about 1 hour of practice in. 

For my tracking, yesterday I added to my previous Day 1 practice by going to the practice facility in the evening. 

I hit 5 shots with my irons starting with my PW up to my 5i.  I utilized my alignment sticks thru the session. 

After this I moved to the chipping area and worked on chipping from the approach.  Then I worked on flop shots out of the groomed thick 2nd cut followed by sand trap shots.

Then I finished with a putting session.  All told 2 1/2 hours or so. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 9: I sound like a broken record but what I’m working on with this connection on the takeaway is syncing up so much stuff. Having the thoracic spine being much more involved just naturally gets my hips moving more too. Fixing any early extension has gone on the back burner while I work on remedying the backswing. I think I’m correct in prioritizing this.

Edited by Grizvok