IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 87.  Busy day, but I still found time to spend five minutes hitting half and quarter swings, with my gap wedge, in my practice room, indoors, off a mat, real balls, into a net. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 36

More posture work along with very slow swings. I rigged an alignment stick behind me to force me to get on plane and I cannot do anything but take slow swings at this point without hitting it. We'll see if it gets easier with repeated practice. 

Day 8 - right elbow str8 with 7i. First with pause at A3.5, then slowly as if swing mapping (4-5 times), then 1/2 speed x 3 reps

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 261 - Sept 14, 2020

Played 18 holes. Back nine was better. Front nine was lackadaisical.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51

Went to range tonight and hit a large bucket.

Focused hard on the Driver rotating between wedges, 9 Iron then hit 3 iron and 5 iron.  It was excellent tonight to hit golf balls again

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 88.  Speed Sticks, protocol one (one more night after tonight!) in my backyard this evening. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 278

Superspeed workout and some swing mapping with focus on lead hip feel. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 41: Missed yesterday's post when I played 18, and played well. Really good with the driver. Shot 86. Today, I worked on the shortcomings from yesterdays round: lob wedge and fairway woods/hybrid off the deck. Swing thread update should be coming soon.

• Administrator

Day 262 - Sept 15, 2020

Went downtown to work on something before heading out to play 18 holes today in Ohio. Good work. Just felt more "into" my right hip and knee and not letting them float quite so much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 36

Same as yesterday. I'm really liking the immediate feedback of the alignment stick. Today I was able to swing faster than yesterday and only hit the stick once and just barely grazed it. I may have finally found something that will help me eliminate the OTT. I'm staying with this drill for a while. 

Day 1 - Did some set up and backswing work with a shaft without a head. Shoulder is improving but I can’t swing a full weighted club yet. Felt good to start to do something.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 52

Did my SKlZ training set tonight and followed that up with Winged Foot chipping practice from the progressive rough in my backyard.  Dang is it ever getting deep and tough.

Did 2 sets of 10 with the SKLZ grip tempo and 2 sets of 10 with SKLZ Gold Flex

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 9 - Right arm straight arm w/9i x 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 89.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls;  quarter and half shots with my gap wedge. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 279

Skipped work on priority piece today and worked on a couple sub-pieces.

1 - did a bunch of rehearsal swings working on not dragging club too far inside on backswing with 5-iron through driver. 

2 - hit a bunch of balls focusing on “knuckles facing target” to square club face, because as I work on priority piece, I start leaving club face open.

Hit a bunch of balls with these 2 sub-pieces. Didn’t focus too much on the hip piece, but it kind of started working on its own toward the end.  

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1