6,795 posts / 338116 viewsLast Reply

Day 283

Played 18 today away from my home course. Usually a course where I shoot in the low 80s, so I was optimistic for a good round. Played really well during the front 9. I was striking the ball well, and my short game and putting were solid, giving myself a bunch of chances for birdies and pars. Then I just got completely eviscerated on the back 9. Shanks, big push slices OB, topped drives, chunked chips, etc. My shot tracker says I scored 40 on the front and 53 on the back but I showed up 2 minutes before my tee time, and forgot to grab a scorecard, so I'll have to review the round on Shotscope to make sure strokes are counted properly. 

I think that I was thinking too much about priority piece while playing. So back to practice so the new feel doesn't require as much conscious effort on my part.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 56

My neck is screaming at me in pain, I did my best to get to 5 munutes doing some indore swing drills

Day 93.  Speed Sticks, protocol one.  This finishes week six, next iteration (Tuesday) will be protocol two.

Note:  I missed 9/19;  this is my first miss in the 30 most recent days. 

Day 23 - Some practice on the range followed by 18. Range went well, 18 was a rough start. Seems that turning my hips in the backswing is leading to a consistent pull, unless I leave the club face open. 

Day 2 - Felt good enough to go to a course and practice short game. Did chips, pitches and some easy sand swings. Below is one of my favorite drills, pitch shots over a bunker. I marked a hole in the other side with a tee. Did both short amount of green and a lot of green to work with. 
3642E2AB-9B0E-4674-88A6-07B763CDFA63.jpeg

Day 42

I spoke too soon. Saw some regression today with my swing but I noticed I was swinging harder than normal. Slowed it down and it got better but did not feel or look quite right. 

Day #3

Stuck in office so took my putter & Pelz Putting Tutor Worked on squaring the putter face and starting the putts on line.

Day 56

My neck is screaming at me in pain, I did my best to get to 5 munutes doing some indore swing drills

58 minutes ago, iacas said:

Day 268 - Sept 21, 2020

Worked on chipping with Natalie at Kahkwa in advance of her PAT tomorrow.

Wow! Congrats and best of luck! I know that’s stressful even for folks who would otherwise have the game. 

Day 57

Got to the Practice Facility tonight, warmed up with my 48* Wedge and then worked on my 6 Iron as it has given me fits this season. Then I hit a bunch of sand wedge shots from all over the practice bunker, fried egg, in foot prints, at the lips, feet out bunker ball in trap, sitting on top of sand,, at the back of the trap. It was a lot of fun.  Thenni worked my bump on run shots as well as out of the rough.

At the end I hit about 20 shots with my Driver. 

Fun night of practice showing lots of work needed.

31 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Wow! Congrats and best of luck! I know that’s stressful even for folks who would otherwise have the game. 

@iacas, I wanted to ensure what I said was clear because I reread my post, I could see where you might misconstrue my words and intentions. I don’t think that’s the case though (I know we have our little “battles” here and there, but at least for my end, there’s a great level of respect). I was trying to wish her well and that I know it is very stressful. I know guys who have the game and they were really worried and barely passed when, in competition or a friendly round, they otherwise play really well. So please don’t take what I said to mean that I was saying she doesn’t have the game. I’m sure she does! Anyway, I just wanted to make that clear here. I apologize if my message was taken the wrong way. I wish her the best of luck. I’m sure she will do well! 

Edited by ncates00

Day 284

Superspeed workout and some priority piece work with half speed 7-iron swings.