IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Day 35 - Weather is not cooperating with another Nor'easter coming today. I did 15 minutes mirror work at the gym focusing on hip and shoulder turn from the top and letting lag happen with proper right elbow positions.

Let me know how that's going. . .I'm heading out to the Boston area for a couple weeks for Robot stuff. . .

The weather that is, and I'm heading out mid next week staying 2 weeks.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 97   Spent 20 minutes on the range working on my downswing sequence, and then played 18 Holes at World Woods Pine Barrens course.   Shot 77, hit 10 GIR, and NO 3 putts.   Weather was great.  Post round analysis shows I still have a  lot of work to do on my kinematic sequence.  Oh well, now pulling out my KPlayer to work with it for three short sessions this evening.

• Administrator

Day 33 - March 7, 2018 - More practice backswings, today focusing a bit more on my elbow and less on my wrists, which I think were causing a little bit of an issue. Hit the ball better with no pulls. Clubhead was a bit further behind me, in a good way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes chipping today. Focused on 1 repeatable routine and set up, simple technique aimed at clean contact and little moving parts

getting better with this , contact was much cleaner than previous days

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Day 34

Brought my wedge to an empty park and practiced for 30 minutes. Used my 58 and tried to chip it into several targets on the playground. It was actually a lot of fun trying to get it under things and over things, and into things. My favourite shot to test my skill was go low enough to get it under the bridge and high enough to clear the monkey bars, and land it into the entrance of slides. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

15 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles. Using a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above. will be using this from now on with or without SS monitor.

Did more than usual today because it’s my only exercise. I’ve been too busy at work doing image processing stuff :-P

Morning weight 201.6, leveling off and not sure why? I’m eating 700 calories less than usual. Working my way down. Will probably need to see an expert.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 23 - 30ft lag putts for speed over lunch break x 10 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 34 - March 8, 2018 - More practice backswings, focusing on the elbow folding first, and then stopping the backswing much earlier than I had been. This is part #1, and I can't easily do part #2 without this being better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3/8/17:

Day 342:

I worked on some pitching technique and coming into impact a little more shallow and a little more from the inside. A lot of my problems with my wedges I that I play the ball a little too far back in my stance, So I moved it up to just forward of center, and it helped shallow my AoA.

T minus 23 days

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 67

Today after checking on my putter at the pro shop, I hit some easy swing lob shots, with my lob wedge. Hit 42 balls. Did not really focus on anything. Just hit some balls. Miraculously all 42 were acceptable. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

(33)

Weight forward drill, making sure my lead shoulders going down, and trail hip churning back. After that I worked on impact, setting up with my hands feeling soft behind the ball, turning back and firing through that spot staying soft. Smooth, and fast. Laggy swing, just licking the ground with the club face.

DAY 98   Worked several sessions with my KPlayer working on backswing sequence and positions, AND impact position.  Lots of swings using an Impact Ball and a short club.  It was cold today so I stayed inside.   Tomorrow back out on the course! Yeah!!

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 67

20 minutes putting 3-6 feet. Working on stance, aim, and stroke. Worked a good bit on 3 feet varying speed between firm and dying in hole. 

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

9/3/18 - Getting back on this after a week or so off due to crazy low temperatures and snow. Spent my 5 minutes with the medicine ball, working on the shoulder turn whilst limiting hip movement and then progressing to slow motion work with a wedge.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/9/17:

Day 343:

Yes, I realize it is 1:30 AM EST on 3/9/17, However, I worked on putting with the 4-8-12 drill for 10 minutes whilst listening to Rumours, specifically "Don't Stop", "Go Your Own Way", and "Songbird". Then the record stopped playing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 1

3/9/17

Had a couple days off while on vacation, so the clock resets.

had one of my favorite practice days ever today. Spent about 2 hours hitting sand shots on the beach in ft. Myers today. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

15 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles. Using a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above. will be using this from now on with or without SS monitor.

Hit the range yesterday, and was kind of a so So day. Hit solidly, but the directions were bleah and I hooked my driver quite a few times. Then the grass range for chipping. Hit solidly, but all over the place. Terrible short game. :-P

Morning weight 202.1 leveling off and not sure why? I’m eating 700 calories less than usual. Working my way down. Will probably need to see an expert Saturday.

Edited by Lihu
Boldly

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 24 

1. kettle swings for balanced forward weight shift with focus on steady head...I feel this is improving. I will record this next week for objective look

2. Six foot putts for routine reinforcement and bead work

3. Chipping practice: mostly for ball contact/low point control. Admittedly, there was less specificity in my process here, but I'm playing my nemesis in a week and so wanted to put some time in with this more for "distance control" work

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny