IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 35

putted on practice green for almost an hour.  I used 3 balls and put them on the same line 5,10,15 feet away and putted. I started with the 5 and went back to 15. Worked my way clockwise. I had a slight break, enoughcto over think the putt and miss. I started to hit it firmer to make sure it goes in. Got on a roll and finished strong. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 37 - Mirror work at the gym. Worked on hip/shoulder turn through impact and pitch elbow feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 68 Warm weather again, finally.

Took a long walk today. I call it "leg maintenance".  A golfer's legs are pretty important to their golf swing. They support everything, and provide the balance needed for a consistent swing. Their health grows increasing more important the older our golf game gets. My game is well over 40 years old. 

Today's walk was 7.6 miles, round trip. Most of the courses I walk are in the 3.5-4 mile range for 18 holes.

Since there were quite a few elevation changes on the trail I was on, I also got some cardio work in. Took about 3.5 hours to complete. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

work on the driving range today... spent all my time on my gap wedge and 9 iron. focused on quality of ball contact. tried different feels: arms tight to the body in back swing, "laggy" wrists, steep angle of approach, shallow angle, exaggerated hip bump etc... I had the most success with arms close to the body, almost "pinned" to my body. I hit those better on average with divots in front of the ball, but it felt like I had to sacrifice swing speed to do it. 

also practiced my chipping when I got home, hit about 50 balls. contact here is slowly getting better. Going to start keeping track of the percentage of balls hit well to see how i progress over time. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• Administrator

Day 35 - March 9, 2018 - Backswing feeling good again, so spent 15 minutes after the five working on the backswing working on trying to find a feeling for the downswing. Whatever I do, it's annoying how much my forearms or wrists or hands want to steepen the shaft or something, as if my body doesn't believe it can put the club on the back of the ball from slightly inside or shallower. I'm nowhere near "uncomfortable" and it's not at all a "range of motion" issue.

I'll send some video to @mvmac at some point. It may boil down to just f***ing doing it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(34)

Focused on down swing today; rotating better and speed, speed, speed. Feeling that my lead arm is wrapping around my chest under my shoulders as I turn through the shot. This reduces a sense of stiffness in my arms which can stall my pivot.

Day 68

15 minutes putting. Trying out a new stroke I learned here in a discussion. 

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

3/10/18

Day 344:

Did my first move down drill, without a club, in front of the mirror for about 7 minutes. My main small success I was trying to feel was leading the downswing with my arms. Yes, at full speed body is quick, but getting the feeling that the hands, arms, shoulders, and hips are in sync is huge. 

Just 21 days to 1 year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 36

practiced my takeaway for 20 minutes. Saw a video on Facebook and over analysed my takeaway. Start good and finish good. Will try it in the range tomorrow if I can get some time. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 69

Today was 8i pitch shots to a pin on the short game practice area. The pin was too far away for this shot, but it did serve as good target. 

Since I was pitching balls into long grass, there was not much roll, which gave me a decent average on the carry, with my pitch swing. I would then use my gps to collect the yardage.

Focus was on aim/alignment. Ball position. I already have the nice easy swing down. Hit 42 balls

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 25 - focus steady head with centerned turn w/7i in back yard

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 100    Practice putting for about 30 minutes.   Then drove over to Ocala to play in the Hope's Legacy Golf Tournament that benefits the Citrus County Animal Shelter.   Our team shot 54 and won by 2 strokes...   All the practice is paying of!!!  Now to spend some time with my Impact Ball and KPlayer after watching The Valspar Championship.

Day 38 - Long walk followed by shoulder turn work. Too cold out to hit balls. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10/3/18 - Another 10 minutes of slow motion work, this time with the medicine ball, targeting shoulder turn against the hips.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Day 36 - March 10, 2018 - Intended to practice my full swing, but ran out of time and only ended up practicing my pitching for about ten minutes as I had to demonstrate it for the Junior Elite program(s).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles. Using a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above. will be using this from now on with or without SS monitor.

Hit the range this morning, and was able to hit 5i a few times pretty well and 4i a couple good shots. Felt good about 6i and down. Hit far too many balls...230 of them.

Morning weight 203 at the doctors. He was really proud of my weight loss and blood pressure drop..

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 69

A few practice swings with driver. Mainly just working on turn and smoothness.

20 minutes putting mainly working on a slower stroke and improved impact conditions

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 37

Went to the range and practiced my half wedge shots for 40 minutes. lasered a target 35,50, and 75 yards and hit about 20-30 balls for each. i picked a landing spot i wanted to land it on and tried to get it really honed in.the shorter distance was easier, but when i backed it up to 75, you really have to try to keep that same tempo and speed to achieve similar results. it felt like i was doing that, but my dispersion was all over the place when i started, much tighter now, but still needs work.