IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 47: Pitching in the yard for 15 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12Β  November 24.Β  Β Worked through 30 drills from the book, "How to Train for Golf Like an Olympian"Β  Β I am on Day 7 of the 25 day Tour 25Β Blueprint Challenge.Β  Some days like yesterday I was not able to go through the program because the course was closed, and other days when I play golf I am not able to go through it.Β  So I only count those days where I can devote 4 hours to it... like today.Β  Each drill sequence takes 8 plus minutes so 240 minutes later I was done.Β  Since the program involves 8 hours a day, and I am only doing 4 hours, I will be on this for 50 half days to reach completion, unless my body stops aching :-)

I will be playing golf twice in the next week so I am looking forward how my range work is translating to the course.

• Administrator

DayΒ 330 - November 24, 2020

Did a bunch of slow motion backswing drills near a wall, partly to test out something for myΒ students and partly because it's my part of the golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 Week 5

Let my body heal & recover over the weekend so no practice.Β  I did review a lot of video of my swing.

Today was putting, spent a solid 30 minutesΒ 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smokeΒ yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility IronΒ Srixon 3 20*
Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy GrailΒ Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 2 Week 5

Worked on 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 irons. Focus on that 3/4 swing and correct grip.Β  Finished up the session with my DriverΒ 

- Dean

Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 347

Did rehearsal backswing practice in patio door mirror. Then did some tempo drills with 7-iron hitting balls at about what felt likeΒ 75% speed.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 13Β  November 25.Β  Β Out early and worked on my chipping/pitching for a couple of hours.Β  I think I am finally getting more comfortable with the Chip-Putt approach.Β  Hit lots of balls... to various targets... and with a change to my grip, and stance... it went very well.... Competence then Confidence :-)Β  Β Now the Hinge and Hold technique is in a different place in regards to Competence.

Went to the putting green for 90 minutes.Β  I always start with a Technical/Technique Drill... usually the Pelz Putting Tutor to check if I am able to consistently start the ball on line.Β  Then did two different distance control drills.Β  One with putts in the 15-20 foot range and the other in the 30-70 foot range.

Wishing all that read this a VERY Happy Thanksgiving... and particular thanks to The Moderator for bringing this Forum to life.

Day 48: Worked on my priority piece with 7 iron, 3W and Driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3 Week 5

Spent a chunk of time with my 8 iron on 1/4 and 1/2 swing hitting the ball.Β Β 

I don't know why but when I want to learn how and work on a swing my 8 iron is my go to club to start to get the feel for it.

Edited by djake
need content

- Dean

• Administrator

DayΒ 331 - November 25, 2020

Took a break (while watching videos I had to watch for a thing) to make backswing in the patio door glass. The videos kept playing. Fun. πŸ˜›

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 348

Superspeed workout and some tempo drills with 7-iron. Hit the ball really shitty, hope it was the dark.Β 

-Peter

• Administrator

DayΒ 332Β -Β November 26, 2020 - Thanksgiving

Went downtown for two hours to hit balls. Spent an hour of that on the phone with my mom, but got in a good hour of practice after that. Wasn’t quite as good as the other day, but I slowed it down, shortened it up, and had some good success after that.

DAY 14Β  November 26.Β  Happy Thanksgiving!!!Β  Β Stayed at home today with the family.Β  However, I did get some time in my office to make practice swings using my Impact Ball and shortened 5 iron.Β  Working on my rotation and less swaying in the backswing.

Day 349

Hit about 100 balls with a 7-iron before thanksgiving dinner, trying to at least get a little exercise in before food coma.Β 

-Peter