IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 39  January 11th 1/11/21     My left shoulder is a little sore from getting the Covid-19 shot yesterday... so I focused on putting for 90 minutes.  Set up the STAR Drill (5 tees around the hole) at 3 feet, and had to go around 5 times without a miss to complete the drill.  It took 2 times before I accomplished this.  Then with the 3 foot "circle" still in place I went out to 20 feet from the hole... and had to get 20 putts in a row within this circle.  I did this on an uphill putt that broke about 1 1/2 feet.  Then I set up at 35 feet from the hole, putted across a slope that required almost 4 feet of break.  Got that done...   then expanded the STAR to 5 feet from the hole, and started working around it.... then got bored and came home.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 378 - January 11, 2021

Practiced chipping with some eGolfRings to try them out. I am not entirely sure when I'll need the 12' rings - I guess for bunker shots they'd be quite handy. The others are 18", 36", and 6'. A lot more uses for those.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9 - slow backswing with focus on straighter right elbow x 10 mins w/9i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 1

57 minute practice.  Started with my Gold Flex warm up routine as well as stretching.

Followed up with 60 - 60 -100 practice.  I used my 7 iron only during this session.  

60% of weight at address on left foot; 60% of weight on left foot at the top of my swing; 100% of weight on left foot at the end of swing.  Did this drill for 45 minutes.  I noticed in comparison I had been keeping to much weight on my right side and not getting transfer, even finishing at times with most weight on right.

I am going to keep working on this.  I am going to get better!

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 11 -  Continue to focus on the backswing.  Using the Smart Ball is getting easier and easier.  Having a lot of confidence that I'm getting to the same spot at the top of the backswing over and over again.

Day 393

Did some full swing practice again with lots of slow rehearsals between balls. Then some putting practice with yardstick indoors. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 40  January 12th.   When to the club to do the Super Speed Challenge and work on some drills on the range.  After 90 minutes it was just too cold, and windy and rainy to continue.  However, I got in some good work on improving my pivot so both my backswing and move through the ball improved.   Now maybe some time in the garage to work with my butt against the wall and work on my backswing and hips movements down and through the swing.

Day 90: Worked on my drill and filmed it for Evolvr. I also spent 20 minutes doing chips and pitches in the basement. I’m sick of winter and cold and it’s only Jan 12!🥶

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 12 - More backswing work.  Every day is getting better and better.  Still not to the point where I'm ready to move on to the next part of the swing.  Plan to keep doing drills daily with a few full swings at the end of each practice session.

Day 394

Superspeed workout and logging in the TST superspeed gSheet. A little work on priority piece from lesson, with lots of slow rehearsals between hitting balls. Used hybrid, 6-iron, and PW today to mix it up.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 8 - Rainy messy outside today, still able to get outside for some chipping.  Did a couple of DTL and Face-on Iphone slo-mo videos to check form and function.  Noticed I still tend to flip the wrists, after studying it, hit a few more no vids but the awareness was awesome.  On a way cool note, I found that my grandson's plastic foot ball goal post makes a great tool to putting your head against to keep it steady while chipping.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2

light Gold Flex set

worked on 60/60/100 drill with 7 iron hit 25 balls

worked on Driver 60/50/100 10 balls - 43 min practice session

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 379 - January 12, 2021

SuperSpeed work, then some full swing work. Exaggerated the backswing to feel very "out" and started flushing it again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 91: Did some of my drill work then SuperSpeed. I didn’t like how my drill looked in video, so I went back out after lunch and did more work. Also spent time on chipping and pitching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, woodzie264 said:

Day 9 - slow backswing with focus on straighter right elbow x 10 mins w/9i

Day 10 - same

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny