Day 10 - Mirror work this morning, focus on hip turn in the backswing and hip slide in the downswing. Also paying more attention to wrist extension/flexion.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

DAY 39  January 11th 1/11/21     My left shoulder is a little sore from getting the Covid-19 shot yesterday... so I focused on putting for 90 minutes.  Set up the STAR Drill (5 tees around the hole) at 3 feet, and had to go around 5 times without a miss to complete the drill.  It took 2 times before I accomplished this.  Then with the 3 foot "circle" still in place I went out to 20 feet from the hole... and had to get 20 putts in a row within this circle.  I did this on an uphill putt that broke about 1 1/2 feet.  Then I set up at 35 feet from the hole, putted across a slope that required almost 4 feet of break.  Got that done...   then expanded the STAR to 5 feet from the hole, and started working around it.... then got bored and came home.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 378 - January 11, 2021

Practiced chipping with some eGolfRings to try them out. I am not entirely sure when I'll need the 12' rings - I guess for bunker shots they'd be quite handy. The others are 18", 36", and 6'. A lot more uses for those.

Day 1

57 minute practice.  Started with my Gold Flex warm up routine as well as stretching.

Followed up with 60 - 60 -100 practice.  I used my 7 iron only during this session.  

60% of weight at address on left foot; 60% of weight on left foot at the top of my swing; 100% of weight on left foot at the end of swing.  Did this drill for 45 minutes.  I noticed in comparison I had been keeping to much weight on my right side and not getting transfer, even finishing at times with most weight on right.

I am going to keep working on this.  I am going to get better!

Day 11 -  Continue to focus on the backswing.  Using the Smart Ball is getting easier and easier.  Having a lot of confidence that I'm getting to the same spot at the top of the backswing over and over again.

DAY 40  January 12th.   When to the club to do the Super Speed Challenge and work on some drills on the range.  After 90 minutes it was just too cold, and windy and rainy to continue.  However, I got in some good work on improving my pivot so both my backswing and move through the ball improved.   Now maybe some time in the garage to work with my butt against the wall and work on my backswing and hips movements down and through the swing.

Day 90: Worked on my drill and filmed it for Evolvr. I also spent 20 minutes doing chips and pitches in the basement. I’m sick of winter and cold and it’s only Jan 12!🥶

Day 12 - More backswing work.  Every day is getting better and better.  Still not to the point where I'm ready to move on to the next part of the swing.  Plan to keep doing drills daily with a few full swings at the end of each practice session.

Day 394

Superspeed workout and logging in the TST superspeed gSheet. A little work on priority piece from lesson, with lots of slow rehearsals between hitting balls. Used hybrid, 6-iron, and PW today to mix it up.

Day 8 - Rainy messy outside today, still able to get outside for some chipping.  Did a couple of DTL and Face-on Iphone slo-mo videos to check form and function.  Noticed I still tend to flip the wrists, after studying it, hit a few more no vids but the awareness was awesome.  On a way cool note, I found that my grandson's plastic foot ball goal post makes a great tool to putting your head against to keep it steady while chipping.  

Day 2

light Gold Flex set

worked on 60/60/100 drill with 7 iron hit 25 balls

worked on Driver 60/50/100 10 balls - 43 min practice session

Day 91: Did some of my drill work then SuperSpeed. I didn’t like how my drill looked in video, so I went back out after lunch and did more work. Also spent time on chipping and pitching.

Day 12 - Going through some "weight forward" drills from the TST Instructional Content thread, that's my main priority right now and I'm just not getting it down as well as I'd like.